Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure he admitted it. Not sure that he did in the show, can't remember, but in the books he confesses to it at one point, I believe when he's captured by Beric. Not sure that there would be any reason to change that on the show. 

He confessed to Arya after Brienne beat him up. Thought it would provoke Ayra to finish him off.

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

He confessed to Arya after Brienne beat him up. Thought it would provide Ayra to finish him off.

ahh, okay, thanks. Couldn't remember if he did it in the show. In the books, he confesses when he faces off with beric when Arya calls him out on it. 

Hound also let Arya think he killed that man and daughter they had dinner with too. Saying about how they wouldnt of survived the winter anyway. After Brienne punched him down a mountain, he was in severe pain, thinking he was going to be that way for awhile and wanted it to end. So yea he said he did it. With Beric, he doesnt really admit it was him exactly, and the Lord of Light found him innocent as it showed.

16 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I originally thought this too, but Jamie has just left Cersei, that completely changes his stance in the story. (and likely in the eyes of Dany and Jon) so if Tyrion turns on Dany, it wont be for jamie any longer

Maybe, but then again Dany has certainly been judgemental and rushes to judgement as well. 

There was a reason why they were placing emphasis on Danys extreme measures and tyrion's problem with them. I don't think it's gonna be a scene they forget about but one they keep building on for a grand climax. And maybe it won't even be tyrion. 

Sam doesn't know about his brother Dikkon yet I don't think and that will definitely put him at odds with Dany and Jon. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Sam doesn't know about his brother Dikkon yet I don't think and that will definitely put him at odds with Dany and Jon. 

Ehhh, I dont know. Its war, his father and brother are generals in that war. Its going to happen. Not that he wouldnt be upset, but his father wanted to kill him, and his brother he didnt seem to have much of a relationship with. It was mostly his mother and sister that Sam was close to.

Plus if his butt buddy Jon is hooking up with Dany (and possibly/probably impregnates her) I dont think hes turning on such a flimsy thing in this story.

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ehhh, I dont know. Its war, his father and brother are generals in that war. Its going to happen. Not that he wouldnt be upset, but his father wanted to kill him, and his brother he didnt seem to have much of a relationship with. It was mostly his mother and sister that Sam was close to.

Plus if his butt buddy Jon is hooking up with Dany (and possibly/probably impregnates her) I dont think hes turning on such a flimsy thing in this story.

Agreed. Especially since Dickon was like that dickish younger brother too. He was an idiot, but Samwell Tarly should be the Warden of the Reach.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Agreed. Especially since Dickon was like that dickish younger brother too. He was an idiot, but Samwell Tarly should be the Warden of the Reach.

Lord of House Tarly maybe. But he shouldnt be granted something like Warden randomly. Doubt half the Reach would want a Tarly in charge after most supported or were related to the Tyrells. Leyton Hightower should probably get that, in order to hold the reach together. His kid was married to Mace Tyrell.

I really like the theory on the Mountain-Hound confrontation.

For those unfamiliar, the theory is that the Hound has been able to read fire for a long time (hence why he had an accurate reading of the mountain past the wall on his "first" time). When he was a kid, he was reading flames again. In the flames, he saw the death of his brother, the Mountain. The Mountain didn't appreciate what his brother told him and pushed his face into the flames. The fight wasn't over a toy.

An additional piece to the theory is that it is Arya who is to kill the Mountain. The reddit posted says this because the Hound travels with her and keeps her alive. Also, since Arya is an assassin, her skills aren't as suited to a battlefield.

I really enjoy the theory that the Hound was reading fire when his brother pushed him in. The Arya part requires much more theorizing IMO.

1 hour ago, Jetfan66 said:

I really like the theory on the Mountain-Hound confrontation.

For those unfamiliar, the theory is that the Hound has been able to read fire for a long time (hence why he had an accurate reading of the mountain past the wall on his "first" time). When he was a kid, he was reading flames again. In the flames, he saw the death of his brother, the Mountain. The Mountain didn't appreciate what his brother told him and pushed his face into the flames. The fight wasn't over a toy.

An additional piece to the theory is that it is Arya who is to kill the Mountain. The reddit posted says this because the Hound travels with her and keeps her alive. Also, since Arya is an assassin, her skills aren't as suited to a battlefield.

I really enjoy the theory that the Hound was reading fire when his brother pushed him in. The Arya part requires much more theorizing IMO.

The Hound and his visions I just don't see them doing that in the show at least. There is little time and not much point to explain their confrontation further. It's possible for the book, but still don't see it happening.

As far as Arya being the one to kill the Mountain, it would be such a troll job to not give the fans Clegane bowl, but I could see it if she kills him while saving a losing Hound.