Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

You guys keep going around in the same circles that have been explained thoroughly.  Over and over.  

Have at it.

4EHG0FT.gif

Or you excuse bad writing because the "show writers don't have to hold our hands throughout." More like they were overwhelmed tying up all of the loose ends, didn't want to work on GOT anymore, and took the easiest route to finishing up the series. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Or you excuse bad writing because the "show writers don't have to hold our hands throughout." More like they were overwhelmed tying up all of the loose ends, didn't want to work on GOT anymore, and took the easiest route to finishing up the series. 

THIS. Just look at the typical cliches used so far this season. TBH there probably isn't a way to  wrap this show up to leave all fans satisfied, but if this is the effort that they're going to give they're going to be a lot of unhappy people these next three weeks.

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm actually on your side with the whole "showrunners are in over their head" thing.  I just can't believe the thing you're the most hung up on is easily explainable, and even if it's a little problematic, it's like 300 spots down the list on things going wrong with the latter seasons.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

THIS. Just look at the typical cliches used so far this season. TBH there probably isn't a way to  wrap this show up to leave all fans satisfied, but if this is the effort that they're going to give they're going to be a lot of unhappy people these next three weeks.

It's almost like no matter what route they go they're going to have "a lot of unhappy people in the next three weeks".

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's almost like no matter what route they go they're going to have "a lot of unhappy people in the next three weeks".

I'll be happy if they don't cut corners on the little things. If Arya did all that and didn't end up killing the NK, ie., drops the dagger and the dying Theon catches and stabs him, we aren't having this conversation. They made it impossible to look past the absurdity of the situation.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I've mentioned the plot hole a few times in the thread but essentially it's this: 

• In season 6 the NK sees Bran in his vision and marks him so that he can kill the 3ER. 

• The NK immediately goes to the warewood tree and kills the 3ER. 

• Obviously, the NK knows that Bran has the ability of the 3ER. 

• After he kills the 3ER he just lets Bran run. Hodor holds the door and the girl drags Bran through the snow to escape the NK and the whites. 

So you're telling me that the NK had Bran outside of the wall, being defended/dragged by a teenage girl in a blizzard, and was capable of tracking his every movement, why not kill him then? If killing Bran was so important to him that he risked his life and stepped in front of his entire army to deliver the killing blow why didn't he just kill him earlier? He could've easily tracked Bran down in the wilderness and killed him then and there during season 6. How is it that he wasn't concerned with killing Bran at all that day but 2 seasons later takes an extreme risk to kill him. 

We went over this like 2 weeks ago. He had no way of getting south of the Wall. Bran with his mark on him gave him a shot of doing that. Had he killed him back in season 6, what was the Night King gonna do after that?

Killing Bran was not his only goal.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

3.5 hours. 1 main enemy.  If they chose to, theyve set themselves up nicely for a heavily story driven result. Which if they did, would satisfy the majority with any result. Same as the Red and Purple weddings pulled heavy impact.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's the "everyone riots" scenario.

You Americans riot when happy, sad, win championships, and all else. So I dont know how to take that.

Edit. Im here via Venezuela. Were just use to rioting for riot sake.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We have the 2nd biggest Mardi Gras in the WORLD each year. Only behind Rio. And your as safe as in your mothers arms.

I more meant yall's actual tempers, stereotypically speaking.  My father in law is Trini, and several of his kids take after him in that way.

And I'm actually looking forward to going there one day and eating all the doubles.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I more meant yall's actual tempers, stereotypically speaking.  My father in law is Trini, and several of his kids take after him in that way.

And I'm actually looking forward to going there one day and eating all the doubles.

I was raised in Trinidad. Have lived in Sao Paulo Brazil, Caracas Venezuela, and Baton Rouge Louisiana. Now in NVA.. From personal experience. Trinis are the most chill people on earth. lol