Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Arya could end the war with Cersei tomorrow if she wanted to. Who needs dragons when you can just pretend to be someone close to Cersei and slit her throat? Don’t need an army for that. 

She doesnt even need to pretend she is someone else, apparently she can sneak and sprint past anyone at any time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Also, can’t Bran just warg into Cersei and make her kill herself?

add in Arya and a dragon or two and it doesn’t matter how many soldiers Cersei ha.

In fairness, we've only seen him warg into animals and Hodor iirc.  So he might not be able to take over someone of intelligence.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They built him up because without him they don’t get an army that can hold off the horde long enough to get to the Night King.   He was a necessary piece without him there is no chance.  And it’s either him or Dany who rules after if the No Cersei camp wins.  But it didn’t mean he has to be the one dealing the final blow.  

Keep in mind the green eyes prophecy wasn’t just tonight - it was given in S3 & again last season.   I totally get you see that as veering away from the original intent of the books.  No argument there.    It’s just they didn’t just decide that this year it was clearly a call they made a while back.     

Keep in mind the S3 prophecy delivered...

I’ve made my peace with the fact the TV show decided to veer away from the book canon.     I’d rather see some key book elements they went in another direction with (Stoneheart!), but that’s also on GRRM.   I can't say that they weren't planning this for some time - the above wasn't talking about just Cersei - we know the Brown eyes were the Freys, and now the Blue Eyes were wights/NK.   Cersei has green eyes, so for sure that's the implication.  I just don't see how ppl can say this was a last second veer.  The books very well painted waiting for the Prince Who Was Promised - I get Arya isn't a prince - but the TV show clearly laid the foundation for this a while ago. 

That clearly wasn't laid. It was spoken in casual referencing and if anything forshadowed the kind of person she would become not who she would kill.

The Darkness comment is key in that conversation and was what they wanted to focus on at the time. I still don't believe them when they said they had this planned for years. I think Martin just eventually gave into not caring about the ending and then they changed it up later.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

In fairness, we've only seen him warg into animals and Hodor iirc.  So he might not be able to take over someone of intelligence.

Well the mountain is still right beside her, I’m sure that would be easier than young Hodor

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not true. Remember Hodor had a functioning mind before Bran warged into him for the very first time. But it broke Hodor. No reason to think he couldn't do it to Cersei.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Well the mountain is still right beside her, I’m sure that would be easier than young Hodor

That I could see.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Not true. Remember Hodor had a functioning mind before Bran warged into him for the very first time. But it broke Hodor. No reason to think he couldn't do it to Cersei.

I feel like Cersei has a fair bit more mental fortitude than a functioning Hodor.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I feel like Cersei has a fair bit more mental fortitude than a functioning Hodor.

No, i'm not talking about big Hodor. I'm talking about the episode Hold the Door. He was a normal kid when that happened. Plus Cersei drinks alot and is crazy for the most part. That has to affect her mental fortitude.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't think that's accurate considering the way he interacted with Arya and Theon.

you don't think what is accurate? that a guy that brought the dead back is a necromancer or that the shows strongest character gave his sister a dagger in the very spot she used said dagger to kill his enemy?

Watched the episode again for a second time just now, and even though I still have some major issues with some things, I saw a lot of things come together and I enjoyed it. Its nowhere near a top tier episode of the series, but it will do.

I have a theory and it might have been discussed in here and Im probably sure its been discussed elsewhere by people that know the series better than me.

Bran/Three Eyed Raven is The Lord of Light

Last nights epiosde with Melissandre

• We get them discussing their first meeting and how they would meet again and Arya would kill lots of people and mentions blue eyes, referring to her seeing that Arya would be the one to kill the Night King.
  • She also said the same saying about the god of death that Arya's dancing teacher told her in the first season. Even if its a popular saying across the sea, Melissandre knew to say it to Arya for the call back to get her motivated to do her job.

This season with Bran

• Jaime tried to apologize for what he did. Bran said he needed to do what he did to get him to where he is.
  • Theon tried to apologize for what he did. Bran said the same exact thing to Theon.
  • Bran also made sure that Arya received the famous dagger from season one that was used to try and kill him.

Basically, last nights episode is saying that both of these characters knew Arya would be the one to kill the Night King, and both knew when and where it would happen. Melissandre gave the unsullied the fiery swords and even more confidence knowing that they would get slaughtered, causing Dany to not stick to the plans that were made, which led to the chaos, giving the Night King even more of an advantage to get to where he needed to be.

One question that I do have is that did Melissandre know the whole series where everything was leading and was she playing Stannis and the rest of the characters to get to where we are now. We know that the Three Eyed Raven can see everything, so if he is the Lord of Light, he knows how to push pieces the right way to get to the ending where they would be victorious.

I dont know how to explain the magic and fire that Melissandre had, but maybe that will be explained further.

Its not a perfect theory and it has holes, but I think its worth thinking about because of the parallels between the actions of Bran and Melissandre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

you don't think what is accurate? that a guy that brought the dead back is a necromancer or that the shows strongest character gave his sister a dagger in the very spot she used said dagger to kill his enemy?

You said he could only sense bran because of how powerful he is. And yet he reacted and interacted with two insignificant people nowhere near his level.