Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Heimdallr said:

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Iron Fleet. The only other person with boats is Yara (who went to reclaim the Iron Islands with a handful of soldiers) but she wouldn't have had time to build an entire fleet. The only purpose I can see for the Iron Fleet was to transport the Golden Company across the sea.

If Daenerys can use super sonic speed thrusters on her dragon, Yara can use some other convenience mechanism to rebuild the fleet and be there just in time to save a key character from being killed at the last second.

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The only person of any importance on Cersei's side is Qyburn. He might have some sort of magic that can counter the dragons. Otherwise, the show has already established that dragons are unstoppable by conventional armies and weapons.

They've also established that Arya would have zero difficulty walking in and assassinating Cersei, and that Bran is basically a god.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of twists they pull to make the battle relevant, because even with just the dragons or Arya, Cersei could have 10 million soldiers and it wouldn't matter.

The show has established the exact opposite at this point, actually. Drogon(?) was wounded protecting Dany when she fought the Sons of the Harpy at the fighting pits. If they hit a dragon with that crossbow machine they built, it can be wounded and killed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well Euron built 1,000 ships in like a day last season, so don't see why Yara couldn't do the same in a week.

Been cool if a Redwyne could have been stuck in the story somewhere in like a Yohn role. And ticked off about Olenna.

If they had known Arya was going to kill the NK for years. Have a little ground work for Yara to get a host of ships.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The show has established the exact opposite at this point, actually. Drogon(?) was wounded protecting Dany when she fought the Sons of the Harpy at the fighting pits. If they hit a dragon with that crossbow machine they built, it can be wounded and killed. 

I guess I sort of wrote off the crossbow machine as ineffective after Jaime failed with it, but I could see that coming back and taking down a dragon. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Eh, he was a lot smaller in the fighting pits, and the scorpion missed most of the shots, and the one hit seemed to do little real damage.  Jaime's takeaway (and given that every surviving soldier bent the knee after, I assume theirs too) from the battle was "they're invincible," so I don't know that anyone but Cersei thinks otherwise.  It seems to me that between Drogon and Rhaegal, they'd have an easy time destroying the Iron Fleet too, but I don't know why they'd bother to engage them seriously at all.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Eh, he was a lot smaller in the fighting pits, and the scorpion missed most of the shots, and the one hit seemed to do little real damage.  Jaime's takeaway (and given that every surviving soldier bent the knee after, I assume theirs too) from the battle was "they're invincible," so I don't know that anyone but Cersei thinks otherwise.  It seems to me that between Drogon and Rhaegal, they'd have an easy time destroying the Iron Fleet too, but I don't know why they'd bother to engage them seriously at all.  

I do agree that the dragons should be easily able to wipe out Euron's fleet if they so choose. But, we all know how reckless and stupid Dany is with them, so my bet is on Dany landing them to take a drink of water and then Cersei kills them with those crossbow machines and Dany is like "WTF HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" or something.

I could see Cersei escaping on the Iron Fleet to Essos after Kings Landing is taken by Dany.

Then after Cersei is thought to have escaped into obscurity, Jaqen H'ghar kills her after being hired by the Iron Bank because Cersei didn't pay her debts.

That would be my ideal ending (just because Jaqen is my favorite character).

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I do agree that the dragons should be easily able to wipe out Euron's fleet if they so choose. But, we all know how reckless and stupid Dany is with them, so my bet is on Dany landing them to take a drink of water and then Cersei kills them with those crossbow machines and Dany is like "WTF HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" or something.

Oh yeah.  I think Jon and Dany's idiocy is the great equalizer more than the dragon's vulnerability.

Tyrion will be like "OK, whatever you do, don't fall for Cersei's scorpion trap.  If the dragons are taken out, we lose our biggest advantage."

Then the battle will start and Jon will decide that he has to go near the scorpion trap, or else "good men will die."

Then down goes Rahegal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Eurons fleet should have scorpions mounted on them. Theyve had the time.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I could see Cersei escaping on the Iron Fleet to Essos after Kings Landing is taken by Dany.

Then after Cersei is thought to have escaped into obscurity, Jaqen H'ghar kills her after being hired by the Iron Bank because Cersei didn't pay her debts.

Cersei has no debts. Any debt belongs to the crown.

So Jaqen could kill Dany for not honoring the crowns debt out of it not being her doing.

7 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

How many people are left in Jon and danys army do you think? 

I'd guess they have 10-15% of their starting number pre-battle.   Depends on how many were there to begin with.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

or they hire Bronn to kill her, and he uses the crossbow that killed her father.

even more fitting.

Finally a day off so I can re watch. 

In a nutshell what happens imo

Episode 4- they travel to kings landing, something hugely dramatic happens(going out on a limb, lmao)   To end the episode for a cliff hanger  

episode 5- fighting continues, cleganebowl happens and they both die. 

Episode 6- I think they spend a good chunk of time showing us what happens to the characters after all the fighting is done. 

• Like 2