Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has it been prophesied that either Jaime/Tyrion take out Cersei?

Yes, by maggy the frog. Though again, it could be misinterpreted. It's just the younger brother...so technically, it could be any younger brother, not her own. The main theory is that it'll be one of her own two brothers, however. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has it been prophesied that either Jaime/Tyrion take out Cersei?

Season 5 episode 1 is when Cersei talked to Maggie the Frog. I cant recall if the younger brother thing was mentioned in the show or not. But know the episode it happened.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Season 5 episode 1 is when Cersei talked to Maggie the Frog. I cant recall if the younger brother thing was mentioned in the show or not. But know the episode it happened.

Actually, just looked. They didn't. It's book only. So that could be something they change after all, I suppose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought she talked to some kind of witch.

Maggie the Frog? :)

I'll have to check that out. Sounds like a fairytale character.

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This is correct.......

Did some www wandering and came up with this confirmation.....

"Cersei mentions the prophecy of a witch she'd been told years ago: "She promised me three children . . . she promised me they'd die," she says, and of course, it wasn't all that long ago that we actually saw this scene on the show; it happens in the season five premiere where a young Cersei visits Maggy the frog, the fortune teller in question......"

The character name went right passed me.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I've never read the books and I swear this prophecy was mentioned in the show.

The general prophecy was. Marrying the king, not the prince. Being cast down by a younger queen and the prophecy about her children. But in the book there is an additional part of the prophecy that indicates she will be killed by the Valonqar; the show does not mention that specific part of the prophecy, though. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The general prophecy was. Marrying the king, not the prince. Being cast down by a younger queen and the prophecy about her children. But in the book there is an additional part of the prophecy that indicates she will be killed by the Valonqar; the show does not mention that specific part of the prophecy, though. 

You're right, the little bit of additional digging I did the Valonqar part of the prophecy is NOT included in the show.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I've never read the books

A book club should be started on here for all those that havent and those wanting to reread. Have something like a set chapter a week goal and discussion/questions on that set during the week.

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

You're right, the little bit of additional digging I did the Valonqar part of the prophecy is NOT included in the show.

"In the books, Maggy concludes: “And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.” Valonqar means “little brother” in High Valyrian, and in the books Cersei assumes it's Tyrion who will kill her (hence her intense hatred of him)"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A book club should be started on here for all those that havent and those wanting to reread. Have something like a set chapter a week goal and discussion/questions on that set during the week.

I'm teetering on jumping in or not. I've heard I might as well wait until GRRM finishes them or not even bother if he can't finish them.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm teetering on jumping in or not. I've heard I might as well wait until GRRM finishes them or not even bother if he can't finish them.

That’s me, I don’t want to read the books because I have no faith that GRRM will finish them.

Just now, VikeManDan said:

He announced he took the photo for the back cover recently. Which means hes on the final stage of WOW being released and the book is done.

Its WELL worth jumping into. The characters and their build is incredible. If it never finishes, still worth it to me.

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Don't do it.  They're so damn good that the frustration on waiting (if they ever even happen) is maddening.  Until you know the book 7 release date, I'd hold off.

• Like 4