Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I think they are setting it up where Dany plays right into Cersei's hands and Jon whinds up going to save them all because that's just who he is.

Agree with this. Cersei will win the initial battle with Dany for sure. She'll end up losing to Jon (with Dany obviously playing a major role at that point as well). 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also...how do we feel about knowing Varys' death is going to come at the hands of what will likely be in an attempted coup? I thought Varys was excellent in this episode, but at the same time, I feel kind of sad knowing that this will never work and will certainly result in his death. While his character has morphed into some of this "voice of the people" role that he most certainly isn't in the books, I do kind of like it, and if Dany really does go fire and flame King's landing, I certainly think that it's in his character to be wary of this new monarch. But knowing he's going to die because of it makes me kind of sad lol. 

I think Varys is going to have a showdown with Qyburn who they have essentially replaced Baelish with. Who can bribe the kids with the most candy will be key.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I think Varys is going to have a showdown with Qyburn who they have essentially replaced Baelish with. Who can bribe the kids with the most candy will be key.

I actually said that last week or the week before too before I saw this episode. I thought that was where it was heading with Qyburn coming out on top and Varys dying. This new narrative though feels very in line with character (particularly the way that they have made it very in your face the last two seasons), so I've definitely changed my tune that think that this will absolutely be the death of him. Or, he'll finally get Dany to listen to reason by standing up to her....again (why is he the only one who has the guts to do that, by the way? Jeez)....then he'll get killed by Qyburn lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think they are setting it up where Dany plays right into Cersei's hands and Jon whinds up going to save them all because that's just who he is.

They are leading us to believe Danny will die in the finale for the good of the realm (which is pretty far fetched to begin with) but I could also see them pull a twist and Jon dies saving Dany like you said. 

Looking unlikely at this point that both will survive. I didn’t care about a happy ending but I know 95% of people I know wanted this to end with Dany and Jon together. However, it’d be strange for this show to end happily given it’s nature. 

Is Drogon healthy enough to dime-bomb directly above KL before needing to pull up?  That way it avoids and knocks out at least one side of those giant crossbows. Then attack each side from the burned one.  Oh wait never mind.  Dany doesn’t know how to use dragons.  She’ll prolly play chicken with the defenses again.  

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They are leading us to believe Danny will die in the finale for the good of the realm (which is pretty far fetched to begin with) but I could also see them pull a twist and Jon dies saving Dany like you said. 

Looking unlikely at this point that both will survive. I didn’t care about a happy ending but I know 95% of people I know wanted this to end with Dany and Jon together. However, it’d be strange for this show to end happily given it’s nature. 

Again at this point I'm expecting a happy ending. Writers to "subvert" expectations, they are saying that Jon and Dany can't get married for all these reasons which may mean they are a lock to get married now.

Edited by Calvert28

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

She’ll prolly play chicken with the defenses again.  

I can't wait for someone to put Dany's and Euron's head on Kevin Bacon's and that other dude's (whose name I don't know) body from the Tractor Chicken scene of footloose. It's the "I need a hero" blasting on the soundtrack that makes it work. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Is Drogon healthy enough to dime-bomb directly above KL before needing to pull up?  That way it avoids and knocks out at least one side of those giant crossbows. Then attack each side from the burned one.  Oh wait never mind.  Dany doesn’t know how to use dragons.  She’ll prolly play chicken with the defenses again.  

Logic states wait for a cloudy night then Duke Nukem those Javalin's from out of no where. Then after a quick strike go in with the army. Wait for the defenses to turn their attention back to the unsullied then go back in with drogon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And I've got no beef with Ceresi having those weapons built.

Those weapons being able to drill a dragon in the neck from further away than the human eye can see, that I take umbrage with.

I'm not sure if you're busting ^^^^^ just for the sake of busting ^^^^^ and trying to be provocative - of if you're actually typing these comments and thinking you've got something going on here.....

So - if I've got this right - you've got issues with the engineering design, physics, plausibility, material composites, availability and ability to construct the weapons:

"Those weapons being able to drill a dragon in the neck from further away than the human eye can see......"

Something about those weapons aspects troubles your sense of logic, order, rationale and higher intellect, resulting in a less than enjoyable viewing experience.... 

AND YET -

You apparently have no trouble accepting that these troubling and unrealistic weapons were constructed in order to shoot down flying, fire breathing dragons.

The flying, fire breathing dragons part - they're okay as a facet of the story:

"Oh you wanna get all mystic and wizardly on me? Thats cool....flying, fire breathing dragons are cool.......but could we at least get the weapons systems right?" 

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure if you're just busting ^^^^^ just for the sake of busting ^^^^^ and trying to be provocative - of if you're actually typing these comments and thinking you've got something going on here.....

So - if I've got this right - you've got issues with the engineering design, physics, plausibility, material composites, availability and ability to construct the weapons:

"Those weapons being able to drill a dragon in the neck from further away than the human eye can see......"

Something about those weapons aspects troubles your sense of logic, order, rationale and higher intellect, resulting in a less than enjoyable viewing experience.... 

AND YET -

You apparently have no trouble accepting that these troubling and unrealistic weapons were constructed in order to shoot down flying, fire breathing dragons.

The flying, fire breathing dragons part - they're okay as a facet of the story:

"Oh you wanna get all mystic and wizardly on me? Thats cool....flying, fire breathing dragons are cool.......but could we at least get the weapons systems right?" 

What are you talking about? They are a basically a ballista of sorts that were very common in Medieval time period.

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Just based off of the trailer, I’m under the assumption she’s going to hide him in the clouds or something and then swamp those scorpions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

What are you talking about? They are a basically a ballista of sorts that were very common in Medieval time period.

Your comment is directed to the wrong person as I quoted the comment of someone else.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure what the big deal is. It's essentially a giant crossbow with some modification for placement / targets. The Crossbow has been around for nearly 3000 years lol.

• Like 1

I don’t understand why they had Dany etc ambushed like that.  Even if Dany doesn’t notice Euron’s navy, one of the dragons would have.  Don’t they have ppl on their perimeter whose sole jobs are to look out for this kind of scenario?  What good are those tall towers?

Honestly they could have spotted the ships and then just had them engage directly.  Dany is cocky AF and thinks she’s about to burn these fools headed straight toward them.  But instead one of them gets killed, Dany is forced to peel off to safety.  Then Euron’s ship shreds her fleet of ships.  

There was no need to disguise it just for the shock of Rhaegar getting hit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Your comment is directed to the wrong person as I quoted the comment of someone else.

And I quoted you. And someone quoted me (Forge) and someone may quote him. But back to my question, it's a Ballista of sorts so it wasn't unrealistic.