Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It is not in line with her shows character at all. This is not the way her personality has been portrayed. She has always became stronger from the pain of loss. Not go absolutely nuts. It fits a narrative for the final three episodes for the writers. It does not fit her personality. 

They should of did a better job writing it the past several several seasons. 

Yes, yes it has been.  I directly quoted her in a post a couple pages ago, several times.  The audience was manipulated to look at her justifications for the violent acts she carried out as being valid because of what she'd been through, but she flipped the switch to going absolutely aggro on multiple occasions.

Many times when she did or wanted to but chose not to act violent she felt she was completely justified in doing so; often times when she was talked out of the violent path it was in the name of achieving her overarching goal of getting to Westeros in order to make her claim on the Iron Throne.  The need to curtail those impulses ceased as soon as she actually got to Westeros.  In Winterfell/Dragonstone she had to be talked down multiple times from just out and attacking King's Landing - again, she wanted to go the direct and violent route, her advisers were to ones to talk her off that ledge.

I flat out guarantee you that Dany feels justified in taking the approach she did of turning the commonfolk into crispy critters, because she talked herself into it.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What do you guys thinks happens in EP6?

Assuming we'll see Sansa and she'll play some kind of big role in the episode.

Tyrion will be executed probably after Danny finds out he freed Jamie? This could cause Jon to finally draw the line if he hasn't already.

Will they scheme to kill Drogon or will Drogon somehow accept Jon since he is a Targ?

Jon most likely kills Danny although I could see Sansa kill Danny in some kind of political execution Julius Caesar style.

Does Jon become King or Sansa Queen? Perhaps Jon goes to live with Tormund and co.

Is the White Walker arc completely over? Most likely. But perhaps Jon or Bran become the NK in some twist.

Still looking forward to it.

Bran kills everyone

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tyrion will be executed probably after Danny finds out he freed Jamie? This could cause Jon to finally draw the line if he hasn't already.

Will they scheme to kill Drogon or will Drogon somehow accept Jon since he is a Targ?

Jon most likely kills Danny although I could see Sansa kill Danny in some kind of political execution Julius Caesar style.

Does Jon become King or Sansa Queen? Perhaps Jon goes to live with Tormund and co.

Is the White Walker arc completely over? Most likely. But perhaps Jon or Bran become the NK in some twist.

Im sticking with the Tormund Ghost Jon reunion. Be it as Jon returns to the NW or exiles North of the Wall or just leaves for there.

Tyrion. He dead. So is Dany.

Liege Lords all unite to decide Westros fate. Sansa, Robin, Dorne Prince, maybe Edmure, Gendry, Random Hightower or something IDK. Some council formed like in Fire and Blood.

Bronn gets his castle. Maybe by marriage. Hes rich, some house thats suffered can use him.

Wasnt Briennes dad said to be sickly or something way back when with Renly? Ill say she passes House Tarth to Pod as a random occurrence.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

One of a many things could happen.

Dany kills Jon and Arya kills Dany

Jon stays loyal, Arya tries to kill Dany and Jon kills Arya defending his Queen or dies defending his Queen.

Dany wins the series with Jon either by her side as her husband or part of her Kingsguard or he dies snapping her back to her senses.

The NK infection finally gets to Arya and she heads back North to become the NQ.

Jon kills Dany, rules to keep Westeros together.

Both Dany and Jon die in multiple plots of two opposing sides trying to put each one on the Iron Throne. Tyrion begs Sansa to marry him to start a new dynasty in a frantic attempt to keep the peace in Westeros. She agrees and they marry.

Dany catches Arya trying to assassinate her. Executes her, Jon snaps kills her, Drogon, the Dothraki, Grey Worm, everyone who is around at the time.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

When? It never happened. After Jorah left Daario even encouraged her to kill all the masters and she wouldn't even do that. She wanted to invade KL not to burn it to the ground season 7.

“I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.”

Also:

sub-buzz-18633-1557483244-1.png?downsize

sub-buzz-8087-1557485748-3.png?downsize=

sub-buzz-28396-1557488533-1.png?downsize

Anyone who doesnt see she has always been this way is turning a blind eye. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yes, yes it has been.  I directly quoted her in a post a couple pages ago, several times.  The audience was manipulated to look at her justifications for the violent acts she carried out as being valid because of what she'd been through, but she flipped the switch to going absolutely aggro on multiple occasions.

Many times when she did or wanted to but chose not to act violent she felt she was completely justified in doing so; often times when she was talked out of the violent path it was in the name of achieving her overarching goal of getting to Westeros in order to make her claim on the Iron Throne.  The need to curtail those impulses ceased as soon as she actually got to Westeros.  In Winterfell/Dragonstone she had to be talked down multiple times from just out and attacking King's Landing - again, she wanted to go the direct and violent route, her advisers were to ones to talk her off that ledge.

I flat out guarantee you that Dany feels justified in taking the approach she did of turning the commonfolk into crispy critters, because she talked herself into it.

Show me once in the entire show history that she gives the order to go after civilians?

That's not her and regardless of what she "talks" herself into she has never once entertained that idea. She would have kept the Unsullied in chains if she cared that little for human life.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

“I will crucify the masters. I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.”

Also:

sub-buzz-18633-1557483244-1.png?downsize

sub-buzz-8087-1557485748-3.png?downsize=

sub-buzz-28396-1557488533-1.png?downsize

Huh? Of course you have to kill to take the throne. None of these quotes sound absurd or over the top to me. Maybe burn cities to the ground but she says it in a passionate moment. How would she take the throne with no casualties (not talking about the innocent, talking about those quotes)? None of those quotes are even that bad.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Also:

Great, so tell me. Did she burn Mereen to the ground, when did she even say it? When did she burn Qarth? Or Volantis?

Besides she came from a very different part of the planet from when she was in Slaver's Bay when all those people know is violence.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Show me once in the entire show history that she gives the order to go after civilians?

You are being willfully ignorant. 

She stated *DOZENS* of times that she wants to kill everyone. She gets talked out of it. 

Her desires have always been to burn cities to the ground. ALWAYS. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Huh? Of course you have to kill to take the throne. None of these quotes sound absurd or over the top to me. Maybe burn cities to the ground but she says it in a passionate moment. How would she take the throne with no casualties (not talking about the innocent, talking about those quotes)? None of those quotes are even that bad.

Then what she did to Kingslanding wasnt that bad. Because all she did was burn a city to the ground, like she has literally been saying she would do for 10 years. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

I want to see to Jon and Gray Worm fight. I'm not even sure who I'd root for tbh. Gray Worm is a really nice guy. The look Gray Worm gave Jon for betraying Dannys orders was an absolute look of disgust.

They were told to stop when they heard bells. What order did Jon betray?

GW a nice guy? The guy that just slaughtered innocents and took a baby from its mother and killed it in front of the mothers eyes?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You are being willfully ignorant. 

She stated *DOZENS* of times that she wants to kill everyone. She gets talked out of it. 

Her desires have always been to burn cities to the ground. ALWAYS. 

No and go back and read your pics. Kill men in their Iron Suits. Civilians do not wear Iron Suits. Lay waste to armies, civilians are not an army unless their conscripted.

Not once has she ever said that or given that kind of order until now.

I point towards what got Khal Drogo killed as proof that that has NEVER been the case.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Great, so tell me. Did she burn Mereen to the ground, when did she even say it? When did she burn Qarth? Or Volantis?

Besides she came from a very different part of the planet from when she was in Slaver's Bay when all those people know is violence.

Again. Ignorance because you like the character. She *wanted* to kill everyone in Merren. She *planned* to kill everyone. Tyrion talked her out of it. That was BotB S6:E9. 

And guess what, by S7:E3 (?) she was already planning to burn Kings Landing to the ground. 

How is this so hard to follow. In her heart of hearts, she has always been single minded. She wants what she wants and will kill anything that gets in her way. 

She is Cersei with Dragons. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Then what she did to Kingslanding wasnt that bad. Because all she did was burn a city to the ground, like she has literally been saying she would do for 10 years. 

You can't use Kings Landing as an example because what we are arguing is it's not in her character to do that to begin with. I can say I'm gonna burn my job to the ground (I actually love my job) doesn't mean I ever have any intention on ever doing it. It would not fit my personality what so ever, even if I say it.

There is a reason millions and millions of people on reddit/youtube/facebook are calling D&D bad writers here. I think maybe 2% of the reaction is positive, this football forum being a rarity.