2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

I enjoy Kollnan s work and find it pretty objective and thorough.  As with all prospects l, scheme and coaching will determine a lot.  Particularly in White s case, if he is more of a Brooks type tampa 2 LB where maybe he might blitz once a game, probably not his best fit.  

All prospects have flaws.  Mike Evans coming out of A & M only lined up on the right side and only ran some of the route tree.  In the pros, if Evans was in a West Coast system, he probably doesn t achieve the same production.  So scheme matters for a player.

I would prefer other prospects over White at 5.  However, the argument you can t draft an off ball LB that early could be flawed because the responsibilities of that position is different based upon scheme.  Bowles definition of a LB is probably different then Mike Smith.  I know shocking hot take.  😀

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

👀👀👀👀

IIRC, the Jets under Bowles drafted safety, interior dline, ILB, and QB in the first round.  Under Arians in AZ, the closest they came to an outside pass rusher in the first round was Hassan Reddick.  

I just believe this pattern of not targeting outside pass rusher in the first will continue this draft also.  Both Arians and Bowles seem to value ILB over OLB.  

12 hours ago, ravishingone said:

IIRC, the Jets under Bowles drafted safety, interior dline, ILB, and QB in the first round.  Under Arians in AZ, the closest they came to an outside pass rusher in the first round was Hassan Reddick.  

I just believe this pattern of not targeting outside pass rusher in the first will continue this draft also.  Both Arians and Bowles seem to value ILB over OLB.  

If we pick Devin white over Josh Allen I'm going to be upset

22 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

If we pick Devin white over Josh Allen I'm going to be upset

I get that Allen would be BPA. But we've got JPP, Nassib, and Barrett at OLB with Spence behind them. I would like more depth too. And finding someone to replace JPP would be cool.

Drafting BPA doesn't really happen that much. Need takes precedence more often than not. Especially with Licht.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I get that Allen would be BPA. But we've got JPP, Nassib, and Barrett at OLB with Spence behind them. I would like more depth too. And finding someone to replace JPP would be cool.

Drafting BPA doesn't really happen that much. Need takes precedence more often than not. Especially with Licht.

I think drafting BPA in relation to how an organization prioritizes positions on the field.  Last year I believe Vea was the pick over James because Licht valued interior dline over safety.  

What s unique about this year is clearly Arians is the main voice in the organization.  So what positions does he prioritize on the field with input from Bowlrs?  Looking forward to finding out.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Nassib and JPP should honestly not be playing OLB if we are being serious 

I get white would be great and we need a MLB but I hope we can trade down a little and still get him

Allen blows any of our current OLBs out of the water 

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Nassib and JPP should honestly not be playing OLB if we are being serious 

I get white would be great and we need a MLB but I hope we can trade down a little and still get him

Allen blows any of our current OLBs out of the water 

Licht drafted OJ Howard two years ago? That was a BPA over need pick for sure. Cant pass up on elite talent in any circumstance.

Archived