2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Why would it be a diaster? Oliver and McCoy on each end one gapping and Vea in the middle playing 0 is ideal. Those three would be making it easier for JPP/Barrett/David to create plays. 

Because then who holds up your blockers and frees up your LB and those rushers you are talking about? Having two 1-gap 5 techs is not how the scheme is run. That why Michael Brockers was opposite Donald this year. Or Leonard Williams/Muhammed Wilkerson were opposite Sheldon Richardson. You can't have 2 players who play the exact same way lining up on opposite sides of the line. The second level would get dominated. You need a stongside 5-tech who plays the position more traditionally, AKA Nassib, Gholston, Allen will most likely be the other DE. 

After watching Ed Olivers pro day. Man that dude looks good. Rumors came out Falcons love this kid and might trade up for him. I wouldn't be mad to trade back if (big 3 aren't there) and picking Oliver up. Especially if we trade McCoy through the draft. 

2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Because then who holds up your blockers and frees up your LB and those rushers you are talking about? Having two 1-gap 5 techs is not how the scheme is run. That why Michael Brockers was opposite Donald this year. Or Leonard Williams/Muhammed Wilkerson were opposite Sheldon Richardson. You can't have 2 players who play the exact same way lining up on opposite sides of the line. The second level would get dominated. You need a stongside 5-tech who plays the position more traditionally, AKA Nassib, Gholston, Allen will most likely be the other DE. 

Hmmm I thought Suh was playing the other end not Brockers. Vea could play 5 tech though but since we dont have a true NT he would have to start there. McCoy would probably be traded then if we get Oliver but I rather keep him.

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Hmmm I thought Suh was playing the other end not Brockers. Vea could play 5 tech though but since we dont have a true NT he would have to start there. McCoy would probably be traded then if we get Oliver but I rather keep him.

Suh was the NT. And Vea is the perfect fit got that. Nassib/Gholston/Beau Allen will be the 5-tech in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Suh was the NT. And Vea is the perfect fit got that. Nassib/Gholston/Beau Allen will be the 5-tech in my opinion. 

Gholston is like the prototypical 5tech. He's big and long. And he does a decent job holding his spot.

It sounds like Nassib is gonna be standing up with JPP. But I think he would be good as a 5tech too.

19 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gholston is like the prototypical 5tech. He's big and long. And he does a decent job holding his spot.

It sounds like Nassib is gonna be standing up with JPP. But I think he would be good as a 5tech too.

Man that seems like stretch... I don't see Nassib being the athlete to play OLB. Hopefully the coaches see something i don't lol. I really hope we go EDGE at #5, or trade down and take an EDGE. I think we are really going to struggle getting pressure with our EDGE rushers this year. 

2 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Man that seems like stretch... I don't see Nassib being the athlete to play OLB. Hopefully the coaches see something i don't lol. I really hope we go EDGE at #5, or trade down and take an EDGE. I think we are really going to struggle getting pressure with our EDGE rushers this year. 

I can't remember what game it was now. But he chased a RB down the sideline in coverage and made a play on the ball to force an incompletion. He's got some athleticism for a big guy.

But I'd prefer him with his hand in the dirt moving forward.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I can't remember what game it was now. But he chased a RB down the sideline in coverage and made a play on the ball to force an incompletion. He's got some athleticism for a big guy.

But I'd prefer him with his hand in the dirt moving forward.

The play was against the Browns.  The Ravens have used really long OLBs for yrs. Most times OLB when they drop into coverage will be in zone.  Very few occassions are they asked to play man.  Bowles OLB have been on the bigger side also.  I have little doubt Nassib can do the job.

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The play was against the Browns.  The Ravens have used really long OLBs for yrs. Most times OLB when they drop into coverage will be in zone.  Very few occassions are they asked to play man.  Bowles OLB have been on the bigger side also.  I have little doubt Nassib can do the job.

If we're gonna be blitzing more often in a one gap scheme it doesn't matter as much since pressure will be coming from all over with (hopefully) a lot of one on one matchups. 

But I wouldn't want our bigger guys like Nassib being asked to drop into coverage much, if at all.

I just think a three/four point stance will help bigger guys like Nassib get off the ball a little faster than leaning in a two point stance.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we're gonna be blitzing more often in a one gap scheme it doesn't matter as much since pressure will be coming from all over with (hopefully) a lot of one on one matchups. 

But I wouldn't want our bigger guys like Nassib being asked to drop into coverage much, if at all.

I just think a three/four point stance will help bigger guys like Nassib get off the ball a little faster than leaning in a two point stance.

No doubt we re going to see a variety of personnel groupings on defense that we have nt seen in decades.  It s going to be fun because we really haven t seen in Tampa that much.  The closest thing to exotic we have seen is Mike Smith lining up JPP and Nassib over the A gaps may be 2 twice a game.  Haven t seen nickel CB blitz since Schiano.  Press man coverage in Tampa, I m still not sure I believe it. 

Here's a couple guys we should really consider in the 3rd

Chase Winovich - would be a perfect OLB in our new 3-4 with a great motor too

Miles Sanders- we need competition back there

Rodney Anderson - ^^^

Vosean Joseph - if we dont get Devin White, this guy could be a great cheap replacement for Kwon as an inside LB 

Darnell Savage- Great range and speed for a safety

Archived