2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

49 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I find this argument to be silly.  The same argument was laid out for Barkley being drafted second overall. Not to mention in two years, White will be outside the top 5 in guaranteed money.  Guys like Bobby Wagner, Jaylon Smith and Keuchly will get new deals.   Trust your scouting staff and draft the best prospect on your board.  The dangers of draft season being so long.  

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I find this argument to be silly.  The same argument was laid out for Barkley being drafted second overall. Not to mention in two years, White will be outside the top 5 in guaranteed money.  Guys like Bobby Wagner, Jaylon Smith and Keuchly will get new deals.   Trust your scouting staff and draft the best prospect on your board.  The dangers of draft season being so long.  

Barkley had literally no weakness in bis game while White has several. Barkley is a top 5 RB in the NFL. White will be top 5 this year? Chances are he wont be.

47 minutes ago, indifference said:

Barkley had literally no weakness in bis game while White has several. Barkley is a top 5 RB in the NFL. White will be top 5 this year? Chances are he wont be.

Really, there were pundits questioned whether he could run inside. Remember it was frowned upon to draft a guard early last year.  I have no idea what White will be, I just find it silly to minimze any position on the field other then punter and kicker.  

Specifically to minimize an off ball LB in today s NFL is short sighted.  Today s passing game is closer to the LOS then ever before.  With it being such a short passing game A and B pressure is essential.  Today s ILB  is much more then filling a gap in the running game and dropping into zone.

As much as I want Quinnen, he has questions also.  A one year starter who plays for the greatest head coach in college history.  Josh Allen played 4 yrs and probably is already near his ceiling.  Is he guaranteed to dominate?  Oliver didn t play in a power 5 conference and an argument can be made he played out of position, but to think he may never develop into an above average pass rusher is a concern.  My basic point is all prospects come with risk and are a projection.  The guaranteed money argument not to draft a prospect outside of punter and kicker is dumb.

For me if the front 7 is addressed next Thursday, I m good.  I understand not everyone will feel the same way.

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Really, there were pundits questioned whether he could run inside. Remember it was frowned upon to draft a guard early last year.  I have no idea what White will be, I just find it silly to minimze any position on the field other then punter and kicker.  

Specifically to minimize an off ball LB in today s NFL is short sighted.  Today s passing game is closer to the LOS then ever before.  With it being such a short passing game A and B pressure is essential.  Today s ILB  is much more then filling a gap in the running game and dropping into zone.

As much as I want Quinnen, he has questions also.  A one year starter who plays for the greatest head coach in college history.  Josh Allen played 4 yrs and probably is already near his ceiling.  Is he guaranteed to dominate?  Oliver didn t play in a power 5 conference and an argument can be made he played out of position, but to think he may never develop into an above average pass rusher is a concern.  My basic point is all prospects come with risk and are a projection.  The guaranteed money argument not to draft a prospect outside of punter and kicker is dumb.

For me if the front 7 is addressed next Thursday, I m good.  I understand not everyone will feel the same way.

Nelson and Barkley were dubbed generational talents though. Neither one of them had flaws in their game that stood out. 

I do think LBs are important in a defense. They affect games in both pass and run. With that said, White instincts are below average for the position. He just started playing the position two years. He should be getting better in time but thats a projection based on many variables. Bucs fans get giddy over measurables and think boom player A has to figure it out bc he is fast and big. The game is more mental than physical and at LB you better be damn smart. Thats why I just cringed everytime most of you wanted to bring Kwon back. 

Alabama is flat out pumping stud after stud DL right now. If Q gets here, I might call out of work the next day to celebrate. Anyway I get your angle. Theres some type of question with many of these guys. I think White has more ?s to answer than others. If he is our guy I hope we trade down. 

9 hours ago, indifference said:

He's a modern Barry Sanders. He lead the league in negative runs. But he busted a big run like every week, so his average looks good and he's on every highlight reel.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

It's not an argument for or against taking White in the top five. It's just something that will happen.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's not an argument for or against taking White in the top five. It's just something that will happen.

I m sure it will happen, just like Mike Evans at 7, but hopefully we can agree he was still a very good pick even though they passed up OBJ and Donald.  You re right prospects usually aren t a finished product during their rookie seasom.

I respect @indifference stance that White just isn t a good enough prospect to be drafted that high based on his on field evaluation.  The arguments involving money or you can t draft a certain position that high is silly.  

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's a modern Barry Sanders. He lead the league in negative runs. But he busted a big run like every week, so his average looks good and he's on every highlight reel.

To be fair Giants have a bad OL. They just added a great guard in Zietler to pair with Hernandez. SB is a generational talent but I dont buy the he cant run inside crap. 

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Watch out for EDGE Jaylon Ferguson in the 2nd for us...

Bowles loves the big bodied OLBs that have the all around game. Ferguson fits that bill. We had him in for top 30 too...

He is very good. JPP replacement most likely in the future..

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Watch out for EDGE Jaylon Ferguson in the 2nd for us...

Bowles loves the big bodied OLBs that have the all around game. Ferguson fits that bill. We had him in for top 30 too...

After he put up those numbers at his pro day? 😬 

I'd be surprised if he went before day three.

Archived