2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

1 hour ago, indifference said:

His story reminds me of Carlos Dunlap from 2008. First round talent ans Bengals got lucky in the third. We ought to try he is better than Spence right now. plus with a coach like BA, he not putting up with that bs.

If he fell to the third, I'd run up that card with his name on it.

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@Caaddy24 and @indifference; I know he had the off field incidents/charges prior to college (I wont get into what it involved, it can easily be found on internet)...

I'm not aware of anything during his LSU career off the field...

Just thought I'd share the facts with all who weren't aware...

Well I haven't heard of any off the field issues, but I was mainly referring to his leadership and work ethic that I have heard about. We need it. I'd be happy if we landed those other 3, but White I think would make the most impact. Just my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Happy Ed Oliver day!!!!!!

Bucs could trade down and still pick him a few spots later but he is without a doubt a top 5 talent. Im against DTs in R1 but his athletic ability in a one gap scheme would be devastating. 

6 hours ago, indifference said:

Did he not take Honey Badger in the third round? Sounds like a gambler to me.

And to be fair, Honey Badger never had concerns about being lazy or selfish. He was a monster on the field and thus worth the gamble. 

21 minutes ago, indifference said:

Bucs could trade down and still pick him a few spots later but he is without a doubt a top 5 talent. Im against DTs in R1 but his athletic ability in a one gap scheme would be devastating. 

Curious, you would be disappointed with Quinnen at 5? 

That's insane. I've wanted Oliver for a while. For me its really a big 4. I would be ecstatic with Ed Oliver at 5. Yes maybe he could be had in a trade down but outside of those top 3 you can say that with anyone. 

After the big 3 I believe him to be BPA dline in an amazing dline draft with all pro potential. Slam dunk.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Curious, you would be disappointed with Quinnen at 5? 

Nah. I think he is more pro ready than Oliver. Oliver ceiling is higher though because we havent seen him play in a system that plays to his strength. I really do not want to draft a DT again but after watching the Cowboys DL shut down the Saints offense this past season...and how the bears dominated the rams..we need to invest into the trenches. Draft to strength of the class usually works out. Oliver will probably be the better pro. His acceleration, change of direction, and him being built lower to the ground increases his chances to finish plays better(results in sacks) while Q will be the DT with a lot of pressures.

Archived