2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

After he put up those numbers at his pro day? 😬 

I'd be surprised if he went before day three.

To be fair, I saw multiple reports that said the field was soaked from rain night before. He slipped and fell multiple times in the agility drills because of it...

I don't think teams are going to hold it against him, as he clearly wasn't able to give true showing. His tape is still really good...

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat's heart condition has been discussed "extensively" in draft rooms across the league.

Sweat's doctor's check-up at last month's Combine revealed an enlarged heart, a risk factor that teams will have to weigh ahead of next week's draft. Per Pelissero, there are no players in the NFL with this exact condition, though athletes in other sports, particularly soccer, have played through it and still gone on to have successful careers. Any team that selects Sweat would have to take the necessary precautions including having a heart defibrillator accessible at all times. Pelissero also notes that a handful of teams aren't comfortable with Sweat's condition and have already removed him from their draft boards. 

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat's heart condition has been discussed "extensively" in draft rooms across the league.

Sweat's doctor's check-up at last month's Combine revealed an enlarged heart, a risk factor that teams will have to weigh ahead of next week's draft. Per Pelissero, there are no players in the NFL with this exact condition, though athletes in other sports, particularly soccer, have played through it and still gone on to have successful careers. Any team that selects Sweat would have to take the necessary precautions including having a heart defibrillator accessible at all times. Pelissero also notes that a handful of teams aren't comfortable with Sweat's condition and have already removed him from their draft boards. 

wow, I hope for his sake he still gets drafted in the first round.

Archived