2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

20 minutes ago, SBucfan said:

That's insane. I've wanted Oliver for a while. For me its really a big 4. I would be ecstatic with Ed Oliver at 5. Yes maybe he could be had in a trade down but outside of those top 3 you can say that with anyone. 

After the big 3 I believe him to be BPA dline in an amazing dline draft with all pro potential. Slam dunk.

Agreed. His agility and speed is elite and comparable to Aaron Donald. I was off him but once I understood how the Cougars used him I warmed up to him. Having two freak ATHs on the DL is a good start. Need some outside juice though.

JPP/McCoy/Vea/Oliver/Barrett

Rush 5 like the Rams with that combo.

3 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

And to be fair, Honey Badger never had concerns about being lazy or selfish. He was a monster on the field and thus worth the gamble. 

Carlos Dunlap and Justin Houston all had similar type issues. Polite is a monster on the field, check his sack #s. If he is in the middle of the third, bucs ought to use a 4th n 5th to go get him. Imagine coming home with Polite AND Oliver. 

26 minutes ago, indifference said:

Carlos Dunlap and Justin Houston all had similar type issues. Polite is a monster on the field, check his sack #s. If he is in the middle of the third, bucs ought to use a 4th n 5th to go get him. Imagine coming home with Polite AND Oliver. 

Not to the extent of Polite. He's in a league of his own right now from that standpoint...

I agree with you though, his tape and production were good. If he's there at our 3rd I'm taking him with belief that I have a good enough staff (basically 2 head coaches) to straighten him out...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not to the extent of Polite. He's in a league of his own right now from that standpoint...

I agree with you though, his tape and production were good. If he's there at our 3rd I'm taking him with belief that I have a good enough staff (basically 2 head coaches) to straighten him out...

Ehhh I dunno about Polite he reminds me of Jarvis Jones coming out...  great production but terrible testing numbers coming out.  I would still take Polite in the 3rd though.

30 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Ehhh I dunno about Polite he reminds me of Jarvis Jones coming out...  great production but terrible testing numbers coming out.  I would still take Polite in the 3rd though.

I disagree. Polite added almost 15 lbs prior to the combine. He played lighter at FL. Plus to his credit, he has done the testing despite the hammy injury. His tape shows he's faster than what he tested IMO...

Jones was always viewed as a guy that had already maxed out athletically...

My biggest issue with Polite is how unprepared mentally and physically he was 2x for the biggest interviews of his life fully knowing when those dates were already set. That scares me on his work ethic to get better...

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

4.71 for Oliver. Damn. But it gets better.

As good as DJax. 👀👀👀

That agility for a man his size is insane. he literally could play LB. Except that would be a total waste. Bowles was there at his pro day today up close. I wondering what he is thinking.

57 minutes ago, indifference said:

That agility for a man his size is insane. he literally could play LB. Except that would be a total waste. Bowles was there at his pro day today up close. I wondering what he is thinking.

Probably thinking this class is stacked with pass rushers and a trade back might be best.

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Probably thinking this class is stacked with pass rushers and a trade back might be best.

Oliver is an elite spiceman though in his own class. Im not sure if he falls to our trade down pick. Thoughts our GM will have to consider.

19 hours ago, indifference said:

Agreed. His agility and speed is elite and comparable to Aaron Donald. I was off him but once I understood how the Cougars used him I warmed up to him. Having two freak ATHs on the DL is a good start. Need some outside juice though.

JPP/McCoy/Vea/Oliver/Barrett

Rush 5 like the Rams with that combo.

I really doubt McCoy is still on the team if Oliver is drafted. Having 2 penetrating DT in a 3-4 scheme is a recipe for disaster. 

I will say I have come around to Oliver and don't hate the pick at this point. He showed me more strength than I thought he had with his BP numbers, and everyone knew about his agility and explosiveness. The 1-gap may just be an ideal fit for him, and will allow him to play with the explosive, penetrating style that he excels at. 

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I made up my mind, I dont wana touch Gary 

And at this point I wouldn't be mad with staying patand drafting Oliver 

Yeah Im not a fan of Gary either. His production is worse than Oliver. Ed had a 11.7 pressure rate and lined up at NT on 64% of his snaps. 

14 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I really doubt McCoy is still on the team if Oliver is drafted. Having 2 penetrating DT in a 3-4 scheme is a recipe for disaster. 

I will say I have come around to Oliver and don't hate the pick at this point. He showed me more strength than I thought he had with his BP numbers, and everyone knew about his agility and explosiveness. The 1-gap may just be an ideal fit for him, and will allow him to play with the explosive, penetrating style that he excels at. 

Why would it be a diaster? Oliver and McCoy on each end one gapping and Vea in the middle playing 0 is ideal. Those three would be making it easier for JPP/Barrett/David to create plays. 

Archived