Week 1: Arizona Cardinals GDT

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree. He can extend plays much better than Kirk. It’s not even close. 

Exactly, and he didn’t have any bad or questionable throws. On some of those plays where the WRs weren’t open, Kirk may have forced, and Alex ran for first downs.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly, and he didn’t have any bad or questionable throws. On some of those plays where the WRs weren’t open, Kirk may have forced, and Alex ran for first downs.

Hes checking down everything. Same thing people used to bash Cousins on.

And forcing throws? People were on Kirk for the exact opposite here. They were upset he threw the ball away. Good grief.

Just now, Slateman said:

And forcing throws? People were on Kirk for the exact opposite here. They were upset he threw the ball away. Good grief.

And I agree here too. You both are right. He IS checking down. But he is also extending plays

And to clarify my earlier comment- the ability to extend plays like Smith is doing is great, there are also a few areas where Cousins is better than Smith, and I still don't believe the price was worth what we paid, especially when we essentially ended up saving about $10 million guaranteed.  But the season has started and we are where we are right now. 

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

It really doesn’t matter to me, I didn’t attack Kirk and ever call him a check down guy, he took what the defense gave him, as is Alex. I didn’t mean Kirk forced a lot of throws, I mean he did when he was in trouble and Alex didnt so thst, he ran for the 1st.

Archived