bucsfan333

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If it was up to me, our RB depth chart would look like:

• Doug Martin
  • Peyton Barber
  • Jeremy McNichols
  • Jacquizz Rodgers

With McNichols as our third down guy.

Eh Sims is better at this point in pass protection. The less talented runner but he is a quality pass catcher and blocker. 

46 minutes ago, indifference said:

Eh Sims is better at this point in pass protection. The less talented runner but he is a quality pass catcher and blocker. 

RB is suddenly a huge issue in terms of who we keep and who we release. If McNichols and Barber can contribute effectively on STs, then I can see us carrying 5 once Doug is back.

I think it would be very short sighted to cut Sims in order to keep Rodgers. As much as I like Rodgers, I just think he's the odd man out.

6 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

RB is suddenly a huge issue in terms of who we keep and who we release. If McNichols and Barber can contribute effectively on STs, then I can see us carrying 5 once Doug is back.

I think it would be very short sighted to cut Sims in order to keep Rodgers. As much as I like Rodgers, I just think he's the odd man out.

IDK, still think Rodgers is safe. With him carrying the full load the way he did last year the coaching staff remembers those kind of things, especially with the projected starter being suspended...

I think Rodgers, Sims, McNichols and Barber make the roster with Martin being on the suspension to start the year. When Martin gets back, I think it'll likely be one of Barber or Sims who gets cut. No need to carry 5 RBs on the active roster...

I don't see how we can keep five running backs. Once Doug is back he will be taking over the lead spot. Rodgers is the vet of the group if something ever happens to Doug. He ran tough between the tackles last year. Just scooped up Jeremy so I don't see him being let go. Really like how Barber runs but I bet it will be between him and Sims. 

7 hours ago, indifference said:

He whiffed a few times in pass pro last night. And one play looked like poor effort.

I believe when Martin is on suspension,  he won't be on the 53 man roster.  Barber is a very good runner, but if he can't pass protect he won't play.  If they believe McNichols can make it to the practice squad that might allow Barber to make the roster.   I think in Miami it will be Rodgers, Sims,  and McNichols.   Right now,  McNichols looks tentative, not surprising as a rookie,  but I believe long term he has the best overall skill set after Martin.

7 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

If anything we should see if we can get a late pick for Sims

IMO hes just a waste of a roster spot, Barber is  better, and i dont want to cut ties with McNichols just yet

7 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I think it's always been a big question. Like @ravishingone said, we'll keep Quizz, Sims, Barber, and McNichols the first three weeks while Dougie is suspended. Licht has said multiple times that we don't have to make a decision until week four. And I'm fairly certain this is the decision he was talking about. Luckily we've still got five weeks to figure out who's the odd man out, because I can't imagine we keep all five. Especially when we'll probably be utilizing extra LBs and DBs for special teams.

Archived