Week 1 Overreactions

footbull3196

On September 9, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Boltstrikes said:

Hard to have talent when you can’t keep a first round pick on the field...

Fun fact Chargers have give a second contract to two first round picks since 2005. 

Anyone that says they have a “talented” team is talking out the wrong end. 

2/12... garbage

A little misleading to say the least with the 2005 comment. Yeah it sucks that we didn't keep as many 1st rounder as we should have. But guess what? Gates, Hardwick, Weddle, Scifres,  Shaun Phillips, Jamal Williams, Keenan Allen were not 1st round picks. Now do a comparison of the Chargers with other teams with regards to 1st round picks since 2005.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Holy hell. A couple of those could be argued as barely overthrown but Jesus, catch the ball guys.

For all the horrible mistakes that happened last Sunday, we could have still won if the receivers had caught those crucial passes. Rivers should have had 5 TDs and over 500 yards.

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Overreaction: for every Rivers thrown TD, there will be an equal amount that is dropped.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Holy hell. A couple of those could be argued as barely overthrown but Jesus, catch the ball guys.

Yeah i think i'd say the first two were definite overthrows.  The miss to Williams on the 3rd throw was a bad throw, but catchable.  The last two were bad.

42 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah i think i'd say the first two were definite overthrows.  The miss to Williams on the 3rd throw was a bad throw, but catchable.  The last two were bad.

The first two were catchable as well IMO. If it's inches from your fingertips, you should be able to catch it.

59 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The first two were catchable as well IMO. If it's inches from your fingertips, you should be able to catch it.

Catchable does not mean the same thing as dropped, though. If they had to lay out in order to get it it was still overthrown. #1 and #2 were overthrows, that the receivers may have been able to catch, but they were overthrows and not drops. #3 and #5 were pure drops. #4 was actually underthrown, though still dropped. The underthrow kept it from being a potential TD, and let Parker get to the WR. Also, #2 and #3 occurred on the same drive, that ended in a TD anyway. Only the first one made a big difference and that was more an overthrow than a drop. But, I digress. In the end, the blame was really pretty split. 2 were inaccurate passes, 2 were pure drops, with 1 play being a bit of both.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You are obviously missing the plan here.

Last year: 0-16-0
This year: 0-0-16
Next year: 16-0-0

On 9/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Browns realize that their winning percentage determines a draft pick, and the only way to beat out a winning percentage of 0 is to have a winning percentage that is undefined. 

The 0-0-16 is actually a higher form of tanking than last year.

Oh look at that. NFL Gen gets an elite prediction and it's dismissed.

@MWil23 get in this thread.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So even though they lost, the clearly went for the tie. They tried to shoot the moon for 0-0-16, and look, they'll still end up among the stars (like 0-8-8 tbh).

I’m just happy they’re competitive this year, but I bet somehow that take will get blown out of context since this is NFL General.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Obviously you can't say they are almost winning games and you're happy that they're losing close until after they've won a game dude.

Correct. I obviously shouldn’t be optimistic that 2 games into the season they’re already more competitive than all of last season.

Archived