Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

On 12/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ace5 said:

Dak is our comeuppance for all the Eli vs Romo and Alex Smith vs Romo threads- you know this right. The monkey paw always has consequences for hubris. 

I lose sleep over this.

hate Eli. Not just his oh so hateable face or his aw shucks demeanor but his goddamn play style. And the sumbitch won it all twice. Now I have to watch new Eli every Sunday and hope for the same. Life is struggle.

This is why we’ve missed you around here, Ace.

48 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Wow I didn't realize how many typos I have with this phone LOL I wonder if anyone even has any idea what I'm talking about

Ha...we noticed and were able to decipher most of it. You're still a Dak lover but your loyalty is starting to waiver. That about sums it up.

8 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Aikman was pretty critical of Dak today. Two things that he said which I agree with both. Dak lacks anticipation on his throws and accuracy is something you either have or don’t. Dak misses way to many open throws. 

One thing he also mentioned (after Quincy’s incompletion to a wide open Blake Jarwin), @Matts4313, was his regular discussions with Jimmy Johnson regarding how inaccurate Quincy is and that he regularly misses easy throws and that it’s a problem.

So, is that enough “evidence” for you? When a HOF QB discusses it with a 2-time Super Bowl winning and 1-time National Championship winning head coach, and then mentions it during the live broadcast?

DVOA had Prescott as the 30th ranked QB entering this week- just ahead of Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. I thought that was pretty striking.

They had him ranked #3 as a rookie and #17 last year FWIW. So at least one “advanced metrics” model has Dak as sizably worse this year than even last year despite the uptick in rate statistics since the Cooper trade.

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

DVOA had Prescott as the 30th ranked QB entering this week- just ahead of Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. I thought that was pretty striking.

They had him ranked #3 as a rookie and #17 last year FWIW. So at least one “advanced metrics” model has Dak as sizably worse this year than even last year despite the uptick in rate statistics since the Cooper trade.

At least one matches what the human eye says

27 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The eyeball test valdiates that. He’s been terrible this season.

10 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

@plan9misfit curious to hear your thoughts on who you would want to play QB next year?

Would you let Dak go and go after someone like Flacco or Winston and draft someone to groom or let Dak ride out another year?

Winston isn't really a step up from Dak. He has a better arm, is quietly younger than Dak despite being in the league longer, but he is a lot dumber and his accuracy is only slightly better.

Archived