Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

This concept of cherry picking stats can be two sided you know.  Oh. Dak has played 5 out of 48 games where his stats resemble one of our worse starting QB ever.  Sigh.  You can always cherry pick and find bad games for every QB they ever played the longer they played the more    And the longer they play the less per season it’s the nature.  That is what frustrates Us this idea that to be a good QB in this league you can never have bad games and make mistakes 

NOW if over the next two years Dak has three four bad games a year only 1-2 good ones then yes I am willing to say he is a bust but to be this critical of a third year QB who has accomplished more in a lot of ways then in almost all Third year QB Have is just crazy.      You do realize five in three years is less then two a year.  I do not know a QB yet that has gone a full year with out 1 bad game and considering the level of talent round him the past TWO years that seems like he has done well in fact

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They are also long term vets...

Dak has one of the bottom 5 pass blocking OL in the NFL, bottom 5 TE and Bottom 5 WR groups** (pre cooper) and bottom 5 OC/QB coaches..... 

Do you think having terrible coaches, offensive line and pass catchers would hurt productivity as well?

**IIRC our WR group was the absolute worst in the NFL in getting open pre cooper. 

Just way too much pure logic to start the new year off of some of these guys take it easy and build it slowly to them

39 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Just way too much pure logic to start the new year off of some of these guys take it easy and build it slowly to them

Everyone who is anyone agrees that Dak has accuracy issues. We watched Romo with the SAME OL, SAME OC/HC, SAME OWNER, SAME STADIUM, SAME WRs, and although he had his own issues they weren't the same as Daks. Which is accuracy(nothing to do with OL), footwork(nothing to do with WRs), and pocket presence(nothing to do with JG).

you aren't going to go far trying to convince people that the reason Dak is so inaccurate is because SL struggles to stick with the running game, and the reason Daks footwork is so notoriously poor is because Beasley can't create separation.

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Which is accuracy(nothing to do with OL), footwork(nothing to do with WRs), and pocket presence(nothing to do with JG).

This is a joke right? 

Accuracy, footwork and pocket presence all directly tie to the OL. In fact, seeing how far those attributes regressed along with the surrounding cast, I am not sure how you cant see how they are connected. PS - they also have a lot to do with WRs and the Coaching.

Pass can look inaccurate when the QB and WR arent on the same page. Or if the QB doesnt have confidence that the WR will be were he is supposed to be.

Footwork and pocket presence are absolutely tied to coaching. Its why 15 years in, Tom Brady still has a footwork coach he works with in the offseason. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a joke right? 

Accuracy, footwork and pocket presence all directly tie to the OL. In fact, seeing how far those attributes regressed along with the surrounding cast, I am not sure how you cant see how they are connected. PS - they also have a lot to do with WRs and the Coaching.

Pass can look inaccurate when the QB and WR arent on the same page. Or if the QB doesnt have confidence that the WR will be were he is supposed to be.

Footwork and pocket presence are absolutely tied to coaching. Its why 15 years in, Tom Brady still has a footwork coach he works with in the offseason. 

And what about when there isn’t any pressure, the WR is wide open, and the ball ends up in the dirt or so far over his head that only Superman could catch it? That’s Quincy on a weekly basis. That, or stand there blissfully unaware of any pressure, staring at a WR waiting for him to get open, and this taking an untimely sack. That too, is Quincy on a weekly basis. And better yet, when there isn’t any pressure, and he rolls directly INTO the pressure and sacks himself. Again, Quincy on a weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And what about when there isn’t any pressure, the WR is wide open, and the ball ends up in the dirt or so far over his head that only Superman could catch it? That’s Quincy on a weekly basis. That, or stand there blissfully unaware of any pressure, staring at a WR waiting for him to get open, and this taking an untimely sack. That too, is Quincy on a weekly basis. And better yet, when there isn’t any pressure, and he rolls directly INTO the pressure and sacks himself. Again, Quincy on a weekly basis.

You keep repeating yourself. And you keep largely over attributing the bad plays to Dak. 

1. Every QB misses passes. Thats just a fact of football. So him missing a handful a game is *EXPECTED* and normal. 

2. Daks accuracy and taking sacks have a direct correlation to the fact that our OL has been garbage for now half of his career. 

3. Daks standing in the pocket too long/staring at a WR is a combination of his desire not to turn the ball over and the egregious route concepts our offense utilizes. 

4. Again, I acknowledge Dak his missed some guys. His ball placement needs to improve. 

5. Again, I acknowledge Dak needs to fix his footwork. That will fix a lot of his issues. 

6. Again, I state when Dak has a good OL, he is a borderline top 10 QB. Without one, he plays borderline bottom 10 due to it compounding his faults. 

7. Again, I will bring up that everyone from Romo to Witten to our opponents have stated that our offense is boring and predictable. Boring and predictable offenses are easier to defend. Which makes it harder on Dak. 

2 hours ago, quiller said:

This concept of cherry picking stats can be two sided you know.  Oh. Dak has played 5 out of 48 games where his stats resemble one of our worse starting QB ever.  Sigh.  You can always cherry pick and find bad games for every QB they ever played the longer they played the more    And the longer they play the less per season it’s the nature.  That is what frustrates Us this idea that to be a good QB in this league you can never have bad games and make mistakes 

NOW if over the next two years Dak has three four bad games a year only 1-2 good ones then yes I am willing to say he is a bust but to be this critical of a third year QB who has accomplished more in a lot of ways then in almost all Third year QB Have is just crazy.      You do realize five in three years is less then two a year.  I do not know a QB yet that has gone a full year with out 1 bad game and considering the level of talent round him the past TWO years that seems like he has done well in fact

No one is cherry picking anything

these were 5 conservative games that happened this year

dont act like we are just haters trying to make dak look bad , he did it himself

consistency is an issue with dak

i hope he’s consistent and accurate on Saturday 

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a joke right? 

It's not a joke. It's facts. FOOTWORK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WRs.

You are trolling 

Total Sacks:

Dak 56, 41 not his fault = 73% OL fault

Watson 62, 48 not his fault = 77% OL fault

Wilson 51, 38 not his fault = 75% OL fault

Mahomes  26, 16 not his fault = 62% OL fault

Trubisky 24, 15 not his fault =  63% OL fault

Its almost like once again @DaBoys, @plan9misfit, @The_Slamman and the brigade of haters are once again trying to scapegoat Dak for how crappy our OL is. 

7 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

No one is cherry picking anything

these were 5 conservative games that happened this year

dont act like we are just haters trying to make dak look bad , he did it himself

consistency is an issue with dak

i hope he’s consistent and accurate on Saturday 

Point out which 5. Now explain your expectation with his surrounding cast and coaches. 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It's not a joke. It's facts. FOOTWORK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WRs.

You are trolling 

It is all highly interconnected and you know it. 

Guns (dont kill people), Bullets (have nothing to do with being psycho), Shooting (has nothing to do with a victim). 

Then how did the guy die?

What you just tried to do was silly. All of it is tied together. You cant segment out portions to justify other portions. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Total Sacks:

Dak 56, 41 not his fault = 73% OL fault

Watson 62, 48 not his fault = 77% OL fault

Wilson 51, 38 not his fault = 75% OL fault

Mahomes  26, 16 not his fault = 62% OL fault

Trubisky 24, 15 not his fault =  63% OL fault

Its almost like once again @DaBoys, @plan9misfit, @The_Slamman and the brigade of haters are once again trying to scapegoat Dak for how crappy our OL is. 

So he is statistically responsible for sacking himself more than any other QB in the league?

Yeah you really got us there.

Archived