Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

With the weird QB situation and our tackles being out, my optimism for winning is dwindling. 

This is the ideal game for our run game and defense to pull this one out. Hopefully our pass rush is much better this game going against the Texans OL and the addition of Landry and Evans.

I hate to be this bleak about it, but this injury to Marcus could seriously alter the rest of his career. Nerve injuries are just so unpredictable. The feeling in his hand could come back tomorrow or his fingers could be numb for months. It's just the nature of the beast, and even if he is technically able to throw he won't be able to put any zip on the ball until that feeling comes back. We saw that first hand on his two throws post injury that were interceptions. Not feeling confident at all in where this is headed and feeling even less confident in the way that the coaching staff is handling it. Not signing or bringing up a QB from the practice squad when your starting QB is still an uncertainty is just mind numbingly stupid.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine a worst start to a season for us.

Looking around, I see a lot other teams having guys miss, Seattle being one that seems to have about 5 starters out including starting WR and 2 starting LBs.  

But, it's like man....
Nightmare scenarios is that Mariota won't ever be the same. 
Vrabel in a mess and we have to find a new coach again...

Then I stop caring about NFL football as a whole....
LOL worst case scenario. :) 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine a worst start to a season for us.

Looking around, I see a lot other teams having guys miss, Seattle being one that seems to have about 5 starters out including starting WR and 2 starting LBs.  

But, it's like man....
Nightmare scenarios is that Mariota won't ever be the same. 
Vrabel in a mess and we have to find a new coach again...

Then I stop caring about NFL football as a whole....
LOL worst case scenario. :) 

At least I've got the Badgers.........

1 minute ago, SerenityNow said:

I hate to be this bleak about it, but this injury to Marcus could seriously alter the rest of his career. Nerve injuries are just so unpredictable. The feeling in his hand could come back tomorrow or his fingers could be numb for months. It's just the nature of the beast, and even if he is technically able to throw he won't be able to put any zip on the ball until that feeling comes back. We saw that first hand on his two throws post injury that were interceptions. Not feeling confident at all in where this is headed and feeling even less confident in the way that the coaching staff is handling it. Not signing or bringing up a QB from the practice squad when your starting QB is still an uncertainty is just mind numbingly stupid.

I'm not worried about the staff. I think some of the quotes were taken out of context and of course Vrabel isn't going to tell them who is starting.
I don't care about them not promoting a PS QB.  If we had to trot out Whiteside or whoever...we are better off having Matthews or our emergency QB take snaps.  Even if Mariota just throws 5 yard hitches, that would be better than a PS QB. 

I think Mariota showed improvement from Monday to Tuesday, but didn't have any more improvement for the week...
I think people got all state of emergency in Week 1 and never have come together. 

Looking around the league, teams are going through a lot of injuries, bad play, bad decisions or just overall questionable teams.   We are no different. 
Detroit already has players questioning the coaches...after one game. 
I don't think it will be as bad as people think.
But I'm not confident either...

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

At least I've got the Badgers.........

I've surprisingly enjoyed NFL football of other teams this year. I've always liked NFL games, but I've found comparable joy watching some other teams play, outside of the Titans.  
And YouTube helps me relieve the glory days of Marcus. Like that 4 TD first game.  So. :).....

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

What an unbelievably stupid plan. If you need to rotate QBs, Marcus has no business playing.

Why?  
It might be one of those things where he won't make it worst by playing. Give it a go or try to see how it feels....

Just like anyone else would right?  RB on an ankle..LB with a foot.  Try to go but if not shut him down.
Maybe I'm just not reading it the same way as ya'll. 
He will play if Mariota can't go....that's how I see it. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not worried about the staff. I think some of the quotes were taken out of context and of course Vrabel isn't going to tell them who is starting.
I don't care about them not promoting a PS QB.  If we had to trot out Whiteside or whoever...we are better off having Matthews or our emergency QB take snaps.  Even if Mariota just throws 5 yard hitches, that would be better than a PS QB. 

I think Mariota showed improvement from Monday to Tuesday, but didn't have any more improvement for the week...
I think people got all state of emergency in Week 1 and never have come together. 

Looking around the league, teams are going through a lot of injuries, bad play, bad decisions or just overall questionable teams.   We are no different. 
Detroit already has players questioning the coaches...after one game. 
I don't think it will be as bad as people think.
But I'm not confident either...

My biggest concern is the nature of a nerve injury like this (just never knowing when the feeling could come back), and the fact that Vrabel and JRob for that matter are willing to roll the dice and put us in a situation where if Marcus can't go and Blaine goes down we're put in that type of situation where we have to play a receiver at QB. I get that we're probably screwed either way with a PS QB, but it's just complete mismanagement and ineptitude in all aspects by the head guys in charge. That's what is really worrisome to me.

3 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

My biggest concern is the nature of a nerve injury like this (just never knowing when the feeling could come back), and the fact that Vrabel and JRob for that matter are willing to roll the dice and put us in a situation where if Marcus can't go and Blaine goes down we're put in that type of situation where we have to play a receiver at QB. I get that we're probably screwed either way with a PS QB, but it's just complete mismanagement and ineptitude in all aspects by the head guys in charge. That's what is really worrisome to me.

I think mismanagement and ineptitude are strong takes.....
Sign an QB and cut who? We cut a DB to sign an OT.  Which wasn't a predicted situation.

Maybe the reporting isn't as accurate?
Marcus isn't 100% but maybe it's better than some think?  

Robinson has done nothing to make me think he doesn't know how to work a roster. 

Archived