Week 2 GDT - Texans @ Titans

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I've surprisingly enjoyed NFL football of other teams this year. I've always liked NFL games, but I've found comparable joy watching some other teams play, outside of the Titans.  
And YouTube helps me relieve the glory days of Marcus. Like that 4 TD first game.  So. :).....

I was at that game. Was so fun cracking on all the Bucs fans surrounding me for taking Winston over Marcus while he diced em up lol.

But yeah not even sure what to feel about him now. It’s just frustrating watching him always get injured and missing time. And idk how I feel about Vrabel either. Someone said it best that he just comes across like he tries to be a hard ***. We’ll see though. Wins trump everything.

Just now, dtait93 said:

I was at that game. Was so fun cracking on all the Bucs fans surrounding me for taking Winston over Marcus while he diced em up lol.

But yeah not even sure what to feel about him now. It’s just frustrating watching him always get injured and missing time. And idk how I feel about Vrabel either. Someone said it best that he just comes across like he tries to be a hard ***. We’ll see though. Wins trump everything.

Lol, Maybe I'm in the upside down because I don't get that with Vrabel.

I get a guy  who is for his players and team and nothing else matters.
I've heard about nothing but love coming from the players and the way he runs things. 
He is about accountability and team....Kind of shocking to me to see all this hate for him. Seems like it came out of nowhere after one game.  
People hated his injury thing and seems like thats the thing people hold on to....

Thats my view at least. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I think mismanagement and ineptitude are strong takes.....
Sign an QB and cut who? We cut a DB to sign an OT.  Which wasn't a predicted situation.

Maybe the reporting isn't as accurate?
Marcus isn't 100% but maybe it's better than some think?  

Robinson has done nothing to make me think he doesn't know how to work a roster. 

It's not ineptitude and mismanagement when you put your team in a potential scenario to be playing Rishard Matthews at QB in a game because you're expecting your QB who can't feel his fingers 24 hours before game time to give it a go? More than likely Gabbert plays the whole game, and the playing Rishard at QB thing is a moot point, but to even allow that to be a remote possibility is pretty ridiculous.

I love you KT, and I usually try to stick on the more optimistic side as well, but the way that this whole situation has been handled is completely bush league and that goes on Vrabel and JRob. Hopefully it all works out for the best and a lot of us are just hitting the panic button too early, but the outlook right now is not good at all.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lol, Maybe I'm in the upside down because I don't get that with Vrabel.

I get a guy  who is for his players and team and nothing else matters.
I've heard about nothing but love coming from the players and the way he runs things. 
He is about accountability and team....Kind of shocking to me to see all this hate for him. Seems like it came out of nowhere after one game.  
People hated his injury thing and seems like thats the thing people hold on to....

Thats my view at least. 

Not hating, just perception. But I can understand the hate. The injury thing you mentioned, that challenge last week was bad, and expectinging both your starting and backup QB to play tomorrow is stupid unless he’s just lying. 

11 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

It's not ineptitude and mismanagement when you put your team in a potential scenario to be playing Rishard Matthews at QB in a game because you're expecting your QB who can't feel his fingers 24 hours before game time to give it a go? More than likely Gabbert plays the whole game, and the playing Rishard at QB thing is a moot point, but to even allow that to be a remote possibility is pretty ridiculous.

I love you KT, and I usually try to stick on the more optimistic side as well, but the way that this whole situation has been handled is completely bush league and that goes on Vrabel and JRob. Hopefully it all works out for the best and a lot of us are just hitting the panic button too early, but the outlook right now is not good at all.

?

I can see the reason for all the panic.  But I'm just looking at the whole team and whole thing. 

We still have great DBs. Our two rookies are playing tomorrow for the defense. Our inner line didn't suck last week. Replacement OT for lewan didn't suck. 

Game plan didn't suck. 

Lol 

We shall see. Lol or in somes cases. They will read about it because they already think tomorrow will be a bloodbath. Lol 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

?

I can see the reason for all the panic.  But I'm just looking at the whole team and whole thing. 

We still have great DBs. Our two rookies are playing tomorrow for the defense. Our inner line didn't suck last week. Replacement OT for lewan didn't suck. 

Game plan didn't suck. 

Lol 

We shall see. Lol or in somes cases. They will read about it because they already think tomorrow will be a bloodbath. Lol 

I'm trying to look at the whole thing too, and I'm not one of those that thinks Vrabel was really outcoached. Did he do some questionable things sure, but that can be said for every Head Coach every single week. 

My main gripe is in looking at the whole team we're going to be playing without Lewan and without our backup RT. Our OLine is in shambles and going against one of the stoutest DLine units in the league we're still considering playing Marcus who can't feel his fingers 24 hours to game time.  It's just a recipe for disaster. The whole "expecting both guys to play" thing is just silly, because number one that's just a ridiculous plan in and of itself and two what advantage are we gaining from this? The only ones we're playing is ourselves, because everybody knows Romeo Crennel isn't losing any sleep over game planning for Blaine Gabbert. If Marcus has been struggling throughout the week you start Blaine and bring up a PS guy or sign someone to back him up. It's that simple. I just see no reason to put Marcus in a situation like this in his current condition.

But hopefully Marcus shocks us all, starts, and throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs all while not being able to feel his fingers. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, if we were to somehow win, the Texans should be forced to forfeit the remainder of their season.

There is things the Titans can do on offense to help with countering what Houston can do. Titans should spread the offense out teams have done it to us like the Colts did in the game a few years ago the game when Lewan scored a TD. Luck just kept spreading us out and relied on quick passes 

I can't help but feel like things are being a little more dramatic, simply because of the situation last week. 

Texans have problems like we do. We still have good players able to make plays. The question is more about Martz to me. Pamphile showed he could handle himself to a degree last week filling in for Lewan. 

I believe in Jonnu. But looking back at the Rams offense. It didn't feature the TE too much. Walker is going to be missed but the offense might not suffer because it wasn't designed for the Tight Ends. Maybe?  Lol 

Gabbert can win. Just not in a pretty way. Lewis and Henry are good. I think it will be a surprise for everyone. 

I consider Marcus a tough player who will grit out an injury if he can. He’s made of glass, but he’s not soft. This is an injury you guys would consider one that you just can’t play through, right? If you can’t grip a ball, you can’t grip a ball. Nerves are not muscles 

right??? Lol

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I consider Marcus a tough player who will grit out an injury if he can. He’s made of glass, but he’s not soft. This is an injury you guys would consider one that you just can’t play through, right? If you can’t grip a ball, you can’t grip a ball. Nerves are not muscles 

right??? Lol

Yeah, if he can't go he can't go.

As we saw last week, it would be more of a detriment to the team if he plays while still not having feeling in his hand than it would playing Gabbert.

Archived