Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

After chilling out a bit, the Vikings can’t cut Treadwell. They will take on too much dead cap. I would start looking for trade partners though. I really thought that after the TD his confidence would be so much higher. The sad part is that he is getting open. Two guys with the yips can’t see the field for a SB contender. 

I can’t see the team moving on from him without adding a FA WR. The only guy on the roster I can see being able to compliment Diggs and keeping Thelen in the slot is Zylstra. 

I’d drop him down the depth chart, give some other guys a shot, see if he can recover. 

In case there were people who don't know, in terms of playoff positioning, a tie is between a win and a loss (seems pretty obvious, right?). 12-4 is better than 11-4-1, but not better than 12-3-1.

For example, look back at the 2016 playoff picture:
2. Falcons 11-5
3. Seahawks 10-5-1
4. Packers 10-6

Why are people (especially on twitter) acting like only Packers got bad calls? Even we too got some bad calls...Kendricks hit on Rodgers at end of 2nd quarter was also a clean one but the ref gave a penalty...that costed us a FG...even in 4th Quarter, there was a play where a GB receiver(think it was Allison) was wrongly awarded more yards (he went down on knee but got up and gained some 7-8 more yards)...not sure how refs didn't spot that...even that resulted in a FG. In the immediate play, there was a false start but the refs didn't notice that either...thing is the refs had some bad calls throughout the match for both teams

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I’m still a little hurt here..... I’ve stood up and defended the pick of Carlson, and defended Treadwell saying give him some time, almost like the were my sons. 

I was wrong..... 

drop them both....

not a fan of losing because of a WR and a Kicker. 

I've been saying cut Treadwell since he was drafted. 

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Your team tanked for 8 years you should have talent by now. You keep saying we had two hall of fame QB's but as I remember you passed on Rodgers for Benson. Don't be angry because our GM's had the foresight to trade for and draft them. Remember 23 teams passed on Rodgers don't blame us. None of our "Hall of Fame QB's"  were top 5 picks. Stop making excuses, you blew a 20 point lead, your pass rush got shut down the 2nd half plain and simple.  By the way our SB window is still open and I'd rather have 4 than none, I bet you weren't even born in 85. The moral of the story you can't beat an healthy Rodgers, even with a top 5 defense.

I'll point out how you're wrong in bullet point so you can follow along.

- Tanked is incorrect, frankly a bluntly stupid statement. Your '8 years' includes an 11-5 record, a 10-6 record, an 8-8 record that had the 2nd highest PPG and an abortion called "defense", etc. Pretty awful attempts at tanking right? John Fox was pushed on Pace by Accorsi and Phillips. That was because Angelo and Emery were horrendous drafters and the team had a ton of aging talent. It has been a complete start over in the last 3 years.

- I'm not angry nor did I make excuses. I said the Pack would win, the fact you won by so little is underwhelming on Green Bay's part. Couldn't beat the "tanking team" by more?  Barely scraped by the team that picked in the top 10, and bragging? LMAO.

- Rodgers was my 2nd favorite draft prospect of all time, my favorite offensive prospect. I've said this multiple times, and I hated Angelo for his blind devotion to Rex Grossman, among other things. Every good play he makes literally proves me right, and I root for him. It's pompous fans like you that deserve no respect.  Amazing how GB's GMs had the foresight to draft or trade for the QBs (though Favre's lack of commitment to playing or retiring was the real catalyst for drafting Rodgers) but failed to acknowledge the near constant underachieving in the postseason even with substantial talent on offense. Outside of one year Rodgers is 5-7 in the playoffs. That is shameful when having an all-time great like him. GB has wasted the bulk of Rodgers' postseason career. Great foresight there.  

- 23 teams did not pass on Rodgers, the Cowboys picked twice. A much more competent GB fan pointed that out in the old forum. You fail again.

- Blowing the 20 point lead and having a pass rush shut down, sounds like GB today right? You got a tie because of 3 missed field goals. Take your own advice and stop making excuses.

- How do you say "4 than none" then acknowledge the 85 Bears? You can claim typo, it is a standard protocol I'm sure.

- I love how frustrated you are. You're trying to make the Bears' loss a personal issue with me. You keep saying that "I" lost, that "you" are in any way relative to Green Bay success. It has NOTHING to do with you, quit trying to act as if you're part of it. The day you die will be a day no one in the franchise at any level even notices. But by all means, cling to GB as if you have a personal identity with them. lol

My first post.

Overall, i was satisfied with the vikings preformance, all we needed was for the special teams to make ONE stinkin play. I was furious at treadwell and carlson but now i kinda feel bad for the kids. Carlson may have a little excuse being a rook in a high pressure moment.... but treadwell... my man has to do some serious soul searchin and find out if he actually wants to play football or not. He made so many incredible catches at ole miss, but literally drops half of his targets. Its just unacceptable at this point. I thought he had potential but hes looking like a bust after 3 years and 21 freaking catches. Those are fullback numbers. 

But on another note, the vikings defense played well! Rodgers scored 1 TD and crosby broke his record for most fieldgoals in a game. So their were no real holes to me. I notice that alot of you guys expect a shutout from the vikings defense, but im perfectly fine with drives ending in field goals. Thats a W for the defense. Xavier Rhodes def looked rusty this game and Davante Adams was gettin open with ease. Hes gonna have to step it up because some of the better wrs would abuse coverage like that just like davante did. Also even thou we had 3 or 4 sacks the dline was struggling to put pressure on rodgers. Hes one of the best in the leagie and knows how to move around the pocket, so i cant be upset that we didnt dominate him. Def felt like we couldve blitzed a lil more, but hey maybe its better to keep them in coverage when dealing with 12.

And last but not least, kirk cousins showed us today that you can NEVER count the vikings out of the game. Stefan Diggs showed me today that he could honestly be top in the freaking league. I mean i love that guy. They say theilen has elite route running and im here to tell ya so does diggs. I was dissapointed in the run game this week especially with our center. 61 was getting demolished, and it kept their DTs in our back field. But honestly as good as our pass game has been in the last two weeks, i feel like the run game will soon follow.

But long story short, if Carlson makes 1 kick we win the ball game. The blocked punt was just great play calling, and laquon droppin the ball was horrible... but we bounced back and got carlson 3 different chances to do what hes paid to do and he failed. Hes got one more week to bounce back or hes gone. And treadwell has one more week to catch a football or hes going to the bottom of the depth chart. 

Skol vikes !

Archived