Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Ryan Wood✔@ByRyanWood

Aaron Rodgers isn’t the only key injury on #Packers offense. Receiver Davante Adams also missed early practice periods Wednesday with an undisclosed injury. We’ll see what the ailment is when injury report is released this afternoon.

It's a shoulder

Dalvin Cook: “I heard it’s going to be a great environment. The fans are going to make it fun. Green Bay is a great team. This rivalry has been going on from before I was even born probably. I’m just happy to be a part of it and I’m looking forward to going out to Lambeau Field and making plays. This is my week in it. I missed last year, so I’m here this year, so I’m looking forward to it.”

“The knee thing is over with. It’s football now. Time to focus in on that. We’ve got a game plan this week and that’s Green Bay. The knee thing is out of the way and everything that I’m focused on each week is continuing that.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Dalvin-Cook-feels-great-after-extensive-action-anticipates-first-Packers-matchup-121791402/

10 hours ago, whitehops said:

not sure how much cousins' past success against green bay matters because the packers have an entirely new defense this season under a new defensive coordinator - mike pettine.

Yeah, last year they couldn't stop the pass, this year, they can't stop the run.  :D  

Sunday’s forecast in Green Bay is calling for sunny skies with a high of 81 and a low of 61. That’s a far cry from the Vikings first four trips with Zimmer at the helm:

• 2014, Week 5: 62, rain, 98% humidity
  • 2015, Week 17: 24, night, wind chill of 13
  • 2016, Week 16: 37, wind chill of 31
  • 2017, Week 16: 10, night, wind chill of 0

Rather than note the big temperature difference, Zimmer said he expects the grass playing surface to be in better shape than it is at the end of the season.

Zimmer:  “The grass is going to be really good there this week, whereas in the past, when we’ve played them at the end of the year, the field has not been that good. I’m hoping that’s a positive thing for us. I’d rather play them here, but the schedule says go there.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/presser-points-zimmer-sees-more-varied-packers-defense-under-pettine

good for Cook, no doubt.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Dalvin Cook: “I heard it’s going to be a great environment. The fans are going to make it fun. Green Bay is a great team. This rivalry has been going on from before I was even born probably.

Since the '61 season.  The year I was born!!

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, that Rodgers is “going to try to do more today than yesterday,” but that he will remain in the rehab group working on the side during Thursday’s practice.

McCarthy said that Adams, who is listed with a shoulder injury, will be a limited participant on Thursday, which would seem to bode well for his chances of catching passes from anyone that might be under center for the Packers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/13/aaron-rodgers-will-try-to-do-more-than-he-did-on-wednesday/

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I think playing @GB early and @Minn later in the year is better, especially since the Bank is indoors.

First time the first game of the season series was in GB since 2014, which was obviously at TCF Bank Stadium.

Archived