Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Packers (1-0)

swede700

Who will have the most receiving yards?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receiving yards?

• Stefon Diggs
    • Davante Adams
    • Adam Thielen
    • Randall Cobb
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Geronimo Allison
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Other (Post name in thread)

The Packers aren’t going to do anything to clear up the mystery about their quarterback’s status for Sunday. As expected, the Packers listed Aaron Rodgers as questionable for their meeting with the Vikings, as he recovers from last week’s left knee injury. The Packers didn’t practice today, and coach Mike McCarthy has already said Rodgers wouldn’t necessarily need to practice tomorrow to be able to play.

The Packers also listed wide receiver Davante Adams as questionable, after he injured his shoulder last week against the Bears. He was limited in practice Thursday, and said he felt good about his chances to play. Linebacker Oren Burks is also questionable, while safety Josh Jones is out again because of an ankle injury.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/aaron-rodgers-and-davante-adams-questionable-for-packers/

Defensive end Everson Griffen landed on the Vikings injury report Thursday as a limited participant due to a toe injury. Griffen wasn’t on Wednesday’s injury report and he said on Friday that it was a surprise for him to find out that the team had included him on the list of players dealing with ailments heading into Sunday’s game against the Packers. Griffen was a full participant Friday and has no injury designation on the final injury report of the week. 

Griffen:  “What are you talking about, toe? What toe? I don’t know why they listed that toe. I don’t know what they’re talking about. I’m 100 percent I’m healthy to go.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/everson-griffen-im-100-percent-dont-know-why-i-was-on-injury-report/

So I fully expect Rodgers to play, but some people have suggested that they won't announce if he's starting to keep the Vikings in the dark. As if they won't game plan for Rodgers... 

My thought is, any chance they are downplaying the injury so we game plan for Rodgers but face Kizer? Personally I think we just have to decide what 11 players should play against Kizer but that'd be the only advantage of keeping the Vikings in the dark. They could use any small advantage they could get if Kizer starts.

I'm guessing they expect Rodgers to start but don't want to announce it until he tries it out later in the week but it's interesting to think about.

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So I fully expect Rodgers to play, but some people have suggested that they won't announce if he's starting to keep the Vikings in the dark. As if they won't game plan for Rodgers... 

My thought is, any chance they are downplaying the injury so we game plan for Rodgers but face Kizer? Personally I think we just have to decide what 11 players should play against Kizer but that'd be the only advantage of keeping the Vikings in the dark. They could use any small advantage they could get if Kizer starts.

I'm guessing they expect Rodgers to start but don't want to announce it until he tries it out later in the week but it's interesting to think about.

Plans for Rodgers & Kizer should be the same.

The only difference is that the plan for Kizer would be executed by our 6th string defense, which would be more than sufficient.

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Plans for Rodgers & Kizer should be the same.

The only difference is that the plan for Kizer would be executed by our 6th string defense, which would be more than sufficient.

I imagine it would be sufficient but I'm sure there would be some things they could do with Kizer and not Aaron. And I'd imagine they'd have to watch for the run a little more

Hey you Hor-ned Swedes! ;) Just an annoying Packers fan who decided to look on your side of the hedge. Gotta say, I am happy I did--you have some classy posters here who have some fine football sense and don't just do the typical "The Packers Suck!", "Erin Rodgers is Gay" kinda smack like they do over on sites like Pro Football Talk. I mean, we are rivals, we 'hate' each other though I hope not in a "I wanna see your players injured and your stadium roof collapse" sort of way, and at least express things in a classy, intelligent manner.

Anyways, my money is on your Vikes, winning by 7 (20-13), which assumes on my end that your very formidable interior DLine is somehow kept in check enough that Rodgers doesn't get injured any worse and through playing dink and dunk Patriots style ball can convert at least 40% on 3rd downs. If either of those two things doesn't happen, then you'll beat us by a much greater margin than 7pts.

As you know, we don't have any edge rush to speak of, but we do have a decent interior DLine and if your talented C Eilfein is out, your challenge somewhat mirrors our own for this game: handling interior pressure. There will be a trenches battle aspect to this game for both teams that will be fun to watch. Our secondary is a bit improved this year, so Cousins needs to be careful with his reads/throws and be aware of corner blitzes which our new DCoordinator likes to use. (Sheesh. I shouldn't be giving it away).

Whatever the case, I'll be ok with losing to an arguably more talented team overall in the Vikes provided our expensive "franchise" doesn't get injured worse and/or lost for the season due to pressure up the middle from your 300+pnd monsters. (Still, these new rules protecting QB's are really silly, btw)

Whatever the outcome, I hope that neither team sustains any injuries. Stay classy.

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I imagine it would be sufficient but I'm sure there would be some things they could do with Kizer and not Aaron. And I'd imagine they'd have to watch for the run a little more

I'd guess the only change might be more zone, fewer blitzes just to keep Kizer from scrambling.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned to practice today for the first time since his Week One knee injury, increasing his chances of playing tomorrow against the Vikings. Rodgers was on the practice field, according to multiple reports, and that would indicate that he should be good to go. The Packers have indicated that they’ll see how he feels tomorrow before making a final decision.

The Packers use a different practice schedule than most NFL teams and do a fuller practice on Saturdays, so Rodgers was able to get in a good amount of work today.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/15/aaron-rodgers-returns-to-practice-2/

4 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I’ve been thinking he would play forsure next week, but if the Bills get destroyed again this week I wouldn’t be surprised if they give him another week off

I think letting him warm up against the High School team would be a good idea, even if just in the 4th when we're up 4 scores.

Archived