GDT: Week 2 Patriots head to the Jungle

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

i want what you're smokin' man. 

wilfork, seau, bruschi, harrison, asante samuel, ty warren, richard seymour... the oline was very good as well. only under talented at receiver.

now ill wait for u to tell me that those players weren't talented. :\

Well you wont lol, but them being talented doesnt change anything. I still think this team has similar talent levels. Hightower, McCourty, Gilmore, Clayborn, Flowers, Shelton etc. They just arent putting it together. The offensive side is MUCH more talented than the 06 team which makes up more than all the deference on D. Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Patterson (especially talented but never seems to translate), Rex, Sony, White, Dorsett all have more talent than any skill position player in 06. The lines are comparable barring health IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Well you wont lol, but them being talented doesnt change anything. I still think this team has similar talent levels. Hightower, McCourty, Gilmore, Clayborn, Flowers, Shelton etc. They just arent putting it together. The offensive side is MUCH more talented than the 06 team which makes up more than all the deference on D. Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Patterson (especially talented but never seems to translate), Rex, Sony, White, Dorsett all have more talent than any skill position player in 06. The lines are comparable barring health IMO. 

has shelton played a snap yet? i don't think he's starting unless i missed it. sure never hear his name.

i think flowers is overrated personally, but sure, we'll say he's talented.

clayborn is a question mark. hasn't done anything  yet. sure was invisible vs the jags. i heard he had one amazing game against one team that one time. maybe he has some talent. not sure.

gilmore, yeah i like gilmore. we all know asante was better tho.

mccourty is good. different player than harrison. both are kind of at their careers end in '06 and now respectively.

hightower is great when not injured.

offense had a prime brady, corey dillon.. yeah they weren't great but i think the gap between the defenses is larger than those offenses.

2 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

i think flowers is overrated personally, but sure, we'll say he's talented.

Flowers, especially statistically, is very similar to Warren. 

Ill say again, this is a talent discussion. I think the big thing that sets the 06 defense apart is that while they had talent, they were also all extremely intelligent. Its that combination of talent, intelligence, and putting it all together that makes most of those guys greats. IMO, this defense has a lot of talent and young players who simply arent maximizing that talent to yield results on the field.  

On 9/15/2018 at 4:54 PM, SBLIII said:

Fowler has been cut

Seemed like he was on the decline but still thought his skillset was a match. Welcome aboard Dez. ? (or Josh..)

Pats were outcoached in-game, consistently outplayed and unprepared. Why they didn't anticipate the possibility of Bortles throwing more than he had in the AFC Championship especially with Leo Fournette hurt all week I don't know. Very poor job by the coordinators and head coach.

Still, Pats are the favorite in the AFC. This game was supposed to be a big win but they sloppiness was a surprise ro me and translated into a big disappointment.

How many more times do we need to get shredded by bad quarterbacks before the rest of you realize that Belichick is not the defensive genius that everyone thinks he is?

I guarantee Bortles will look like absolute crap against Tennessee next week. Watch.

2 hours ago, everlong said:

How many more times do we need to get shredded by bad quarterbacks before the rest of you realize that Belichick is not the defensive genius that everyone thinks he is?

I guarantee Bortles will look like absolute crap against Tennessee next week. Watch.

I  mean people will say this is trolling, but you aren't wrong. It's the whole bend-don't-break philosophy. Worked out in years past, but jesus, it's bend-and-break here lately.

7 hours ago, everlong said:

Patriots rarely had any if any elite defenses post 2007. I think it's one of those mysteries that are out there. 

7 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I personally think that Bortles is pretty underrated. The Pats had opportunities but they just failed to execute them, plus the Jags had an axe to grind. I honestly wouldn't lose my mind over this game. Next week should be much easier, we will turn this thing around.

Agreed. I don't think anyone should be too worried about 1 game. I'm certainly less worried after 2 games than I was last season at the same time. 

Now we got Detroit, Miami and Indy. These games we must win and then we will sit at 4-1. 

I thought we would split the first 2 games especially without Edelman so I think we are where we should be as long as we win the next few games. 

Jacksonville came to play, NE didn't.

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Patriots rarely had any if any elite defenses post 2007. I think it's one of those mysteries that are out there. 

Actually the Patriots have rarely had any elite defenses post 2004 SB win over Eagles. The 2014 & 2016 units were ok and I know they gave up the fewest points in 2016 but that was b/c they played very few high scoring teams in the regular season and the one team they played the Steelers didn't have Big Ben that day.

The 2005 defense was garbage, the 2006 unit could no longer befuddle Peyton Manning, the 2007 unit had a bad secondary.

23 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Actually the Patriots have rarely had any elite defenses post 2004 SB win over Eagles. The 2014 & 2016 units were ok and I know they gave up the fewest points in 2016 but that was b/c they played very few high scoring teams in the regular season and the one team they played the Steelers didn't have Big Ben that day.

The 2005 defense was garbage, the 2006 unit could no longer befuddle Peyton Manning, the 2007 unit had a bad secondary.

agreed. 

Archived