Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is, if Spoon is this bad at the second cornerback spot, we are in trouble. Ward has no business on the outside. Reed and Williams are strictly slot guys as well. Moore simply isn't ready. What do you do at that point? 

Spoon will be fine. He definitely had a rough 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter but he will be alright. When he allowed a few catches in a row it got to his head and he kind of fell apart. 

The guy who I'm more worried about in the secondary is Colbert. This guy keeps missing tackles and seems a second late in everything he does. Hopefully he turns it around as we need him to play well for this secondary to play up to its potential.

And the 10+ missed tackles we had today was super frustrating. 

K'wann Williams mishap really led to our mini-collapse. If we get a stop on 3rd and 17 there, then the game is likely a wrap without the Lions making any type of run. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I’m not worried about spoon right now. He’s just had his worst game as a pro and in some way, Sherman being shut down is making it harder for him. No ghost pppsotie him now in Dontae. It’s better for him, but we could see more growing pains.

i like The lions in terms of talent but I’m leery of Patricia and clock management hurt. But Stafford keep any team dangerous so beating them is meaningful. 

My biggest concern at be moment is the Passeush and RZ offense. Didn’t expect much for the Passeusb this year but wanted to see the RZ improve.

KC is going to be a great year for this defense, could be a long day though. 

My problem with the Lions is that most of their stuff is bad as a team when you really think of it. 

Run game? Less than average

Defense? Probably one of the worst in the league right now, particularly if you're missing slay. 

Coaching? Oh man, small sample size, but Patricia looks awful. 

Passing game  is good, though Stafford obviously has not been very good through two games. He had a nice stat line today, but missed a ton of big passes. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Spoon will be fine. He definitely had a rough 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter but he will be alright. When he allowed a few catches in a row it got to his head and he kind of fell apart. 

The guy who I'm more worried about in the secondary is Colbert. This guy keeps missing tackles and seems a second late in everything he does. Hopefully he turns it around as we need him to play well for this secondary to play up to its potential.

And the 10+ missed tackles we had today was super frustrating. 

K'wann Williams mishap really led to our mini-collapse. If we get a stop on 3rd and 17 there, then the game is likely a wrap without the Lions making any type of run. 

Agreed, Colbert has not been good, very concerned about that. 

I'm not too worried about Spoon either, but it's something that needs monitoring for sure, because if he's not good, we have problems. 

But I agree that the Williams mishap was important. That game very likely ends there and it looks like a fairly dominant win for us. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Any word on tarrt?

If he can't go next week then we HAVE to sign Eric Reid, right??

We might regardless. As J alluded too, FS is a problem right now and Tartt might be better than Colbert at that position 

edit: but health being an issue, I think we see Ward move into SS. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Any word on tarrt?

If he can't go next week then we HAVE to sign Eric Reid, right??

We have Exum who would probably slot in to start.  My guess is that Powell would get the call up since we had moved him to safety. 

Or do as J said with Ward / Reed. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

We might regardless. As J alluded too, FS is a problem right now and Tartt might be better than Colbert at that position 

edit: but health being an issue, I think we see Ward move into SS. 

Oh no, you don't move Tartt. Let him play where he is at. If Colbert doesn't pick it up, then you go with Ward or Reed. But it is way too early, only two weeks in. Lets see how he plays the next few weeks. The new practice schedules lead to some sloppy tackling early on. No excuses from this point on though. 

And man do we need Foster back. Such a game changer he is. He brings the type of physicality that we are missing right now and he plays so fast. Foster/Warner are going to be huge next week with all the speedsters the Chiefs have and the amount of crossing routes they run. 

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Didn't we move Moore to S?

No, we are moving Moore from Safety to corner. 

We are utilizing Reed as both a slot corner and gave him reps at S during camp and preseason. 

We moved Powell (currently on PS) to safety during the preseason. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

No, we are moving Moore from Safety to corner. 

We are utilizing Reed as both a slot corner and gave him reps at S during camp and preseason. 

We moved Powell (currently on PS) to safety during the preseason. 

Ah. Right - it's the other way around.

Listened to Shanahan’s presser. Interesting take on the pick that got called back. Sounds like Pettis didn’t run the right route which led to the right coverage on Breida. Ball still shouldn’t have been thrown but that’s the kind of stuff where we can’t figure out why a coach isn’t playing someone and then you find that out and it makes sense. 

19 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Listened to Shanahan’s presser. Interesting take on the pick that got called back. Sounds like Pettis didn’t run the right route which led to the right coverage on Breida. Ball still shouldn’t have been thrown but that’s the kind of stuff where we can’t figure out why a coach isn’t playing someone and then you find that out and it makes sense. 

I like that he said he didn't see the penalty, but of course it was the right call lol. 

Personally, I think the Lions got hosed there. I thought at best it was a ticky tacky foul, but I'll be honest, I really didn't see anything that warranted being flagged. But I'll take it. Gives us one back from the Trent Taylor phantom OPI call against the rams last year. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like that he said he didn't see the penalty, but of course it was the right call lol. 

Personally, I think the Lions got hosed there. I thought at best it was a ticky tacky foul, but I'll be honest, I really didn't see anything that warranted being flagged. But I'll take it. Gives us one back from the Trent Taylor phantom OPI call against the rams last year. 

Well, they called two suspect calls on Witherspoon the prior possession. Once called him on a hold when Golladay clearly pushed off. We will call it even lol.

Still embarrassing how that ended up being an actual game. 

Archived