Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Weird how Breida got taken out of the game in the 4th after having a great game. Morris didn’t do bad, but seemed odd to me. Plus I expect Morris to fumble. 

Morris looks like the short yardage back as he gets all the carries in the RZ as well. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Morris looks like the short yardage back as he gets all the carries in the RZ as well. 

Right now, Breida should be getting 65% of the snaps at the position in my opinion. He's just the better running back. Yes, I have concerns over a bigger workload, but it's not likely we are going to give him 20 carries at that rate. I'd use Morris as short yardage, but otherwise I'd be using Breida a lot more

I'm glad Sherms getting on their *****. This is the type of leadership we need in a young locker room. Hopefully, he can light a fire under them and have a productive week of practice to prepare for the Chiefs. It's going to be an interesting game.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

I'm glad Sherms getting on their *****. This is the type of leadership we need in a young locker room. Hopefully, he can light a fire under them and have a productive week of practice to prepare for the Chiefs. It's going to be an interesting game.

The problem is, if Spoon is this bad at the second cornerback spot, we are in trouble. Ward has no business on the outside. Reed and Williams are strictly slot guys as well. Moore simply isn't ready. What do you do at that point? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is, if Spoon is this bad at the second cornerback spot, we are in trouble. Ward has no business on the outside. Reed and Williams are strictly slot guys as well. Moore simply isn't ready. What do you do at that point? 

Well I doubt it's a permanent thing, he's just too talented for it. Just a bad game. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

That was easily the worst game he's ever played. Nothing else has come even close to it. Before this he's been relativiely consistent so I'm not too worried just yet. For all, we know he could have been sick or gotten injured this week in practice. But he's still young and will grow and learn, espically with Sherm at his side. If he has another couple weeks like today then we can really start worrying but for now I'm just writing this off as a bad week.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

You get in your time machine and go back and sign trumaine Johnson, trade for Marcus Peters, and call talib and convince him that San Francisco is a good place to play. Any combination honestly. Especially Peters and talib, considering it would make the Rams worse

We all knew we needed corners, adding Sherman was simply not enough. 

A win is a win is a win. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

You get in your time machine and go back and sign trumaine Johnson, trade for Marcus Peters, and call talib and convince him that San Francisco is a good place to play. Any combination honestly. Especially Peters and talib, considering it would make the Rams worse

We all knew we needed corners, adding Sherman was simply not enough. 

A win is a win is a win. 

On the bright side, Sherm looks to be in form

I guarantee you if we got Sherm, then leveraged our future for another corner, people would have freaked out over not letting Spoon play.

Improvement and getting better is not a steady climb. It’s Peaks and Valley’s. The fact this team can win a game against a solid team (imo) with less than stellar play(honestly horrible in some ways)  is a good sign.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I guarantee you if we got Sherm, then leveraged our future for another corner, people would have freaked out over not letting Spoon play.

Improvement and getting better is not a steady climb. It’s Peaks and Valley’s. The fact this team can win a game against a solid team (imo) with less than stellar play is a good sign.

Nobody is suggesting get another corner, though obviously it was on the FO's mind since we went after talib. But if spoon has more valleys than peaks this year, that will be seriously detrimental because there isn't a secondary option. 

Also, I definitely wouldn't call the Lions a solid team, but up 30-13 at one point, obviously we were handling business the way we should have been for a while. Think we just got overly content and peeled back. 

But 1-1 is what we expected, and more to the point, was what we needed. Very possible we are 1-3 in two weeks, so this was an important win. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nobody is suggesting get another corner, though obviously it was on the FO's mind since we went after talib. But if spoon has more valleys than peaks this year, that will be seriously detrimental because there isn't a secondary option. 

Also, I definitely wouldn't call the Lions a solid team, but up 30-13 at one point, obviously we were handling business the way we should have been for a while. Think we just got overly content and peeled back. 

But 1-1 is what we expected, and more to the point, was what we needed. Very possible we are 1-3 in two weeks, so this was an important win. 

Yeah, I’m not worried about spoon right now. He’s just had his worst game as a pro and in some way, Sherman being shut down is making it harder for him. No ghost pppsotie him now in Dontae. It’s better for him, but we could see more growing pains.

i like The lions in terms of talent but I’m leery of Patricia and clock management hurt. But Stafford keep any team dangerous so beating them is meaningful. 

My biggest concern at be moment is the Passeush and RZ offense. Didn’t expect much for the Passeusb this year but wanted to see the RZ improve.

KC is going to be a great test for this defense, could be a long day though. 

Archived