Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright that was a disgusting performance after being up 30-13, but I'll take it. 

A lot to clean up for next week but a win is a win. 

How do we clean up lack of a pass rush? I predict that's what will hurt us the most this season.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

D needs has a ton of issues 

I don't think so. It needs an elite outside pass rusher. Once you have that, along with Buck, and a solid run defense, your secondary is going to look so much better. But we don't have anybody who creates pressure outside of Buckner. Major problem there. 

The problem is, an elite pass rusher from the outside is impossible to find. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't think so. It needs an elite outside pass rusher. Once you have that, along with Buck, and a solid run defense, your secondary is going to look so much better. But we don't have anybody who creates pressure outside of Buckner. Major problem there. 

And Foster being back is a HUGE help. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would be ecstatic with a 10 sack a season type of guy right now.  

Just now, Ataal said:

I would be ecstatic with a 10 sack a season type of guy right now.  

absolutely. This draft is stacked from an edge rusher standpoint, so that's going to be something I have to believe we are going to target in the first round. But we need explosive guys, not guys who are midway between 3 techs and 5 techs like Thomas. 

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

How do we clean up lack of a pass rush? I predict that's what will hurt us the most this season.

That's not going to get fixed for the most part. But I'd like to see Thomas replace Armstead on the inside and see if that improves things. 

And Foster coming back is going to clean a lot of the tackling issues up for us and all the RB passes we keep allowing. But this offense without Goodwin just isn't threatening defenses. He may be a bigger addition than Foster to be honest. 

Archived