A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

he may have great feet work but this clip is showing how sloppy auburns defense is. Whats his forty the bills desperately need speed? I like the small guy from Okalahoma he is fast as heck.

Honestly, I know nothing about A.J. Brown (or any of the OK receivers). I just noticed the same things you saw, which honestly was nothing special.

19 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Honestly, I know nothing about A.J. Brown (or any of the OK receivers). I just noticed the same things you saw, which honestly was nothing special.

Quick feet are huge in getting separation, I.E. Antonio Brown.

That's all I'm trying to show. It wasn't meant to be a highlight reel play.

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What caching changes do we see in January?

Would be shocked if we actually fired McDermott. But Frasier, Culley, Castillo and Crossman are all on very hot seats IMO

Frazier, castillo and Dabol should be let go. The special teams had the 2 blocked punts and i blame that on the abysmal oline. I would like to see a new oline coach, and OC. Dabolls play calling has been vanilla and had yet to prove why he should be coach as he hasnt made any adjustments to his play book to relieve the qb or rb from the oline by getting creative. Oline coach has always been garbage so Castillo should be let go this week. I would like to see Palmer come in and continue to work on Allen like he did for the draft i truly think this will help him get better. Frazier has done nothing to save his job either. I think Mcdermott has been making the calls which is fine but frazier needs to show more in order to stick around.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would like to see the bills trade shady for a 4th and algholar then trade kbenji for a 4th or 5th  to a team.

Sign me up. My friend and I were just saying send him back to Philly plus a late pick for Agholor + a mid round pick. Think that is a wise choice for both parties. 

I'd give up Benjamin for a bag of pigskins :D 

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Sign me up. My friend and I were just saying send him back to Philly plus a late pick for Agholor + a mid round pick. Think that is a wise choice for both parties. 

I'd give up Benjamin for a bag of pigskins :D 

Well I was hoping it was to dallas but that was before they gave up that 1st round for Amari Cooper. 

Cole Beasley, Donte Moncrief, and Jermaine Kearse are all FA come 2019 and have speed. I wanted Moncrief coming out of college and Kearse would remove a weapon from a team in our division. Beasley is small, but there's no denying the dude is productive. I'm all for trading away Shady and KBenji, but would rather just get draft picks...new weapons won't have that much impact this year. Agholor can play, but I doubt the Eagles part ways from him. Increase our draft capital and spend the money in FA in areas with some player availability - sadly, I don't see quality O-Linemen being a strength. That draft capital will give us more options to find diamonds in the rough or trade up for something closer to the "real thing" to boost our OL.

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Cole Beasley, Donte Moncrief, and Jermaine Kearse are all FA come 2019 and have speed. I wanted Moncrief coming out of college and Kearse would remove a weapon from a team in our division. Beasley is small, but there's no denying the dude is productive. I'm all for trading away Shady and KBenji, but would rather just get draft picks...new weapons won't have that much impact this year. Agholor can play, but I doubt the Eagles part ways from him. Increase our draft capital and spend the money in FA in areas with some player availability - sadly, I don't see quality O-Linemen being a strength. That draft capital will give us more options to find diamonds in the rough or trade up for something closer to the "real thing" to boost our OL.

I'd love Beasley. Josh could use a guy who can get open consistently on the inside. 

I'd be pretty surprised if Dallas let's him go though, dude is one of the only weapons they have. 

One change I would like to see, honestly, is having the Pegula's less involved in some of the decision making. I get it. They own the team, they can do and say as they please. But don't go to the staff you hired and pressure them into a certain player or players based off of no experience with coaching/scouting/etc. You have to let your front office/coaches/scouts do their jobs, which i'm sure most have many years of experience. 

12 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

One change I would like to see, honestly, is having the Pegula's less involved in some of the decision making. I get it. They own the team, they can do and say as they please. But don't go to the staff you hired and pressure them into a certain player or players based off of no experience with coaching/scouting/etc. You have to let your front office/coaches/scouts do their jobs, which i'm sure most have many years of experience. 

who are they pressuring in to drafting? I think they are involved to a point like every owner is and they have the right to as they are the ones dropping millions on people. I dont think they are saying this guy is better then the other over what the scouts say.

50 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

who are they pressuring in to drafting? I think they are involved to a point like every owner is and they have the right to as they are the ones dropping millions on people. I dont think they are saying this guy is better then the other over what the scouts say.

Agreed. The only thing can imagine them saying would be something along the lines of, "Don't draft that guy accused of rape", etc. And, as you said, their millions of dollars. I wouldn't fault them for that kind of input. The Pegulas certainly know their strengths and weaknesses and they hire people to address their weaknesses...like player evaluations.

Archived