Streams of the Week (Early Week 9 picks up!)

Dr LBC

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm debating on Bortles or Mahomes, picked up Bortles for this week....but don' think I can bench Mahomes. Will probably drop Bortles for the Colts defense...who have two really good match-ups coming up. Week 6 @ Jets on 10 days rest and Week 7 vs Buffalo. 

Don't bench your stars for streams.  Granted Jacksonville was the one defense I had concerns about whether they were the one defense I'd debate benching Mahomes for... but that would have only been if I had another sure-fire great option and that's not Bortles.  I like Bortles to finish as a Top 12 QB this week, but I feel the same way about Mahomes, so the argument to stream over a star is moot.

Streaming options at tight end are limited, and I don't know if I can trust gronk on a short week with an injury. Vance and ebron were claimed by higher priority.

Njoku is there, but I don't love the matchup, not the weather forecast with the supposed high winds. Looking at Ellison, Hooper, swaim, Uzomah, Watson and ASJ

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Streaming options at tight end are limited, and I don't know if I can trust gronk on a short week with an injury. Vance and ebron were claimed by higher priority.

Njoku is there, but I don't love the matchup, not the weather forecast with the supposed high winds. Looking at Ellison, Hooper, swaim, Uzomah, Watson and ASJ

ASJ if your streaming for week 5 only... I'm considering Hurst/Njoku for rest of season as a pickup.

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

ASJ if your streaming for week 5 only... I'm considering Hurst/Njoku for rest of season as a pickup.

This week only, just because I'm not sure about Gronk's availability for thursday and I'm not 100% sure even if he plays what kind of game he will have. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This week only, just because I'm not sure about Gronk's availability for thursday and I'm not 100% sure even if he plays what kind of game he will have. 

Allison is sitting on the wavier wire in my league. Considering dropping Stills for him to stach Allison while starting (John Brown, Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd).... Fitz on bench too.

Thoughts? Standard league

35 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Allison is sitting on the wavier wire in my league. Considering dropping Stills for him to stach Allison while starting (John Brown, Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd).... Fitz on bench too.

Thoughts? Standard league

Humorously enough, I just picked up Allison off the wire today as well. 

The Miami offense is a little too inconsistent for me at this point. I feel like Allison is going to be steady, even if unspectacular, which is why I grabbed him. I have no issues with that move. 

Would add Ryan Grant to streamable options for week 5, particularly in ppr leagues. Hilton has already been ruled out, and Grant is a really solid ppr option with all the underneath stuff that the Colts utilize right now. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have these options, I'm thinking of adding ASJ too based on matchup & no Fournette (he on my bench sigh)

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Would add Ryan Grant to streamable options for week 5, particularly in ppr leagues. Hilton has already been ruled out, and Grant is a really solid ppr option with all the underneath stuff that the Colts utilize right now. 

Yeah, I have Grant as a likely #3 target for the Colts with Ebron (Doyle's out) and Hines likely being the first two - but it's worth noting that a QB who is only recently recovered from a shoulder injury that kept him out a full year-plus is coming off a game in which he threw 62 passes and on a short week going into a match-up where it's highly anticipated he's going to need to throw a lot.  That reads a lot of underneath stuff - especially with Hilton out - so the PPR value is there.

If Gronk sits, that's probably the only situation I feel comfortable starting Gordon as anything more than a second FLEX unless I absolutely have to - with Welker back and both RB's coming off of good games, there' s a very real possibility where Gordon goose-eggs you unless he's getting some of the '"big body" looks that would usually go to Gronk.

Hooper's a good option whose been seeing an uptick lately in a high-powered offense that's likely going to have to throw and facing a defense that's TE vulnerable.

Allison bears watching that he can clear concussion protocol so he's not fully out of the woods yet.  And if Adams' calf injury keeps him out, Allison's going to get the Darius Slay treatment (and he may yet get it since he's the bigger deep threat on the Packers and that seems to be who Slay lines up over pretty consistently).

If you're in a pinch, Keke Coutee is likely in line for increased looks whether or not Will Fuller plays - but get a pretty huge role if Fuller sits.  He's that mold of guys that you can kind of see why Watson is comfortable with because they're really similar to the majority of receivers he was throwing to at Clemson.  In PPR, if Dede Westbrook is still available, get him!  He's going to be a flexable asset most of the rest of season.

Hurst is intriguing at a dart-throw TE and I thought about including him, but the winds worry me.  I think he's due for the Darren Waller role - which still could be lucrative and increased this season if he gets sufficient red zone snaps because the Ravens really don't have another "back of the end zone" threat on the roster except maybe Crabtree.  But he's going to be TE-or-bust because he's likely not going to give you catches/yardage to otherwise provide a sufficient floor.  So I'd like to see how he's deployed for a week or two before advocating using him as a spot-start.

Archived