Streams of the Week (Early Week 9 picks up!)

Dr LBC

here are my waiver pickups in all 3 leagues

A) Mitch T, Texans Kicker, Njoku-  competitive full PPR league.. someone dropped Njoku and I added him for insurance on Jordan Reed who always scares me, Texans Kicker been ballin and dropped Prater on his bye, and I needed a QB and everyone in our league always has 2qbs for some reason. Maybe Mitch T really turned the corner

B) Texans Kicker- boring

C) Cobb, and Engram- might trade Gronk when Engram is healthy, and Cobb was on waivers.... he should bounce back right?

Thoughts??

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

here are my waiver pickups in all 3 leagues

A) Mitch T, Texans Kicker, Njoku-  competitive full PPR league.. someone dropped Njoku and I added him for insurance on Jordan Reed who always scares me, Texans Kicker been ballin and dropped Prater on his bye, and I needed a QB and everyone in our league always has 2qbs for some reason. Maybe Mitch T really turned the corner

B) Texans Kicker- boring

C) Cobb, and Engram- might trade Gronk when Engram is healthy, and Cobb was on waivers.... he should bounce back right?

Thoughts??

A) I generally don't like carrying 2 TE's but in the current climate where one starting TE per week seems to be getting injured for the season, I don't hate it - it's actually a surprise that Reed has survived so far while others haven't (maybe this is the price we pay for Reed not being injured by Week 4?).  Fairburn is a good pick-up.  I'm enduring Matt Bryant right now - he's been like the #13 or 14 fantasy kicker, but he has a ++ matchup this weekend, so I've got him in make or break mode, and if I can pick up Will Lutz coming off his bye next week, I'll probably do it anyway.  I wouldn't be counting huge on Mitch, but it's a dart throw, I guess.  Nagy definitely seems to do the same things Reid does in manufacturing plays for the QB that don't require him to do much (a shovel pass, for instance) and yet he still manages to get credit for a big time passing play.

B) Boring, but works.  I think Fairburn's like the #3 fantasy kicker right now.

C) Hope Cobb plays, I do like him moving forward just because of the chemistry with Rodgers, but keep an eye on Valdez-Scantling if Cobb starts to trend southward (sucks that they're in the Monday Night Game which likely means you'd have to drop Cobb for MVS if Cobb gets ruled out).  DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT trade Gronk unless you're getting a Tier 1 RB or WR in return.  It's enticing, I know, but if Engram springs back, you flip him for something more modest (or flex a TE - but I still don't like trusting Eli rest of season).  Gronk's one of those guy you almost can never get proper return on (I'm guilty of dumping in this pool, because I habitually go after him at trade deadline time and never offer what I should - and still get him 60% of the time).

20 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If you've held Mack this whole time, don't drop him now - looks like he's practicing in full, the Colts have talked about needing to run the ball more, and Reich has said he expects him to resume the role of starter. By no means startable yet but he could be a useful bye week fill-in soon. 

Foreman coming off a brutal injury and walking into a committee isn't worth ditching Mack for. 

I'm not advocating Foreman for anyone who doesn't have an open IR slot right now.  He's not going to be back before Week 8 or 9 realistically.  People keep treating this like he's IR-eligible-to-return, he's not.  He's been on the PUP this whole time, they can bring him off whenever, but we'll see more news about it at least a week or two out, and we haven't.  The Texans official website reporter has said he doesn't expect Foreman back until early November.  Which is why, unless you can pick him up, stash him in your IR slot and turn around the next day and pick someone back off waivers, I don't advocate it yet.  When I picked him up, I did it by simultaneously dropping a grenade in the WW (dumped a guy who had name value but who I don't expect to hit the projections I had for him this season, so I figured he could be a drain on someone else's bench/team and probably milk a good chunk of FAAB out of the market), so it made sense.

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

A) I generally don't like carrying 2 TE's but in the current climate where one starting TE per week seems to be getting injured for the season, I don't hate it - it's actually a surprise that Reed has survived so far while others haven't (maybe this is the price we pay for Reed not being injured by Week 4?).  Fairburn is a good pick-up.  I'm enduring Matt Bryant right now - he's been like the #13 or 14 fantasy kicker, but he has a ++ matchup this weekend, so I've got him in make or break mode, and if I can pick up Will Lutz coming off his bye next week, I'll probably do it anyway.  I wouldn't be counting huge on Mitch, but it's a dart throw, I guess.  Nagy definitely seems to do the same things Reid does in manufacturing plays for the QB that don't require him to do much (a shovel pass, for instance) and yet he still manages to get credit for a big time passing play.

C) Hope Cobb plays, I do like him moving forward just because of the chemistry with Rodgers, but keep an eye on Valdez-Scantling if Cobb starts to trend southward (sucks that they're in the Monday Night Game which likely means you'd have to drop Cobb for MVS if Cobb gets ruled out).  DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT trade Gronk unless you're getting a Tier 1 RB or WR in return.  It's enticing, I know, but if Engram springs back, you flip him for something more modest (or flex a TE - but I still don't like trusting Eli rest of season).  Gronk's one of those guy you almost can never get proper return on (I'm guilty of dumping in this pool, because I habitually go after him at trade deadline time and never offer what I should - and still get him 60% of the time).

I ended up trading Cobb and D Freeman for K Golladay and M Mack......

my RBs and WR in a full PPR

RB: Gurley, Sony, Cohen, Drake, Collins, Mack

WR: Juju, Golladay, Edelman, Baldwin, Cole

21 hours ago, The LBC said:

I picked Enuwua this morning as a WR4...Cobb is a FA in my home league, would you keep Enuwua or pick up Cobb?

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I picked Enuwua this morning as a WR4...Cobb is a FA in my home league, would you keep Enuwua or pick up Cobb?

Enunwa.  Still haven't seen whether Cobb's been cleared for this week and he's on bye next week.  So I feel like no one is going to rush out to pick him up going into a bye if he does manage to play and play well this Monday.  I'd rather have Enunwa for this weekend and next, and if he's not as needed next weekend and hasn't bounced back this weekend, then you an jump the rest of the competition for a refreshed Cobb coming off the bye next week.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Hilton is out again. What do we think about streaming Chester Rogers this week?

Better option than Ryan Grant IMO, but he's a medium-floor/low ceiling WR3 to me.  The Jets' passing D is actually pretty good (giving up the 10th least points to fantasy QB's).

I have to stream a QB this week... in this league Qbs are overvalued and a lot of teams have 2qbs

I picked up Mitch Trubisky off waivers but don't feel confident

other options: D Carr, J Flacco, M Mariota, D Presscott, S Darnold.  

Is Mitch the best stream? I was trying to find the Vegas predicted score to see if Bears suppose to put up points

Week 7:

(Teams on bye: GB, PIT, OAK, SEA)

This is the start of Bye-pocalypse.  So when I mentioned last week and I stress again this week to look ahead at who you have on bye next week and plan accordingly - and pick up replacements you may need this week; keep that in the forefront of your minds.

QB: Mitch Trubisky (vs New England) - 30% owned in Yahoo, 33% owned in ESPN

- This... THIS is how much we're having to drag the barrel right now to find a sub-35% owned QB who still has a decent chance of giving you QB1 numbers (17+ points) on the week.  Trubisky's actually been trending upward since going into Chicago's bye week and his 6-TD game (which has been a big contributor to his 20 FP/G average), but this should at least present you with a favorable match-up as the Pats will likely key on shutting down Allen Robinson leaving more Trub-to-Trey action (God-willing, they've been good for a TD in straight weeks but the targets have otherwise been meager) and Taylor Gabriel to continue his mini-career-resurgence.  Gabriel is a broke-man's Tyreke Hill, but the real deal just lit up New England's secondary.

Other options: Joe Flacco (vs NO) was actually going to be my top recommendation for this week, but I just can't bring myself to see Joe Flacco as a top option at something no matter what.  Again, this is a game script and weapons combining option that at least offers opportunity.  Both the Ravens' and Saints' defenses have tightened up in the last several weeks, but I have trouble seeing the Ravens keep Brees in check for 4 quarters.  And meanwhile, the Ravens' running game is pretty putrid.  Eli Manning (@ ATL) I won't fault anyone if they want to roll out Baker against the Bucs or even Beathard against the Rams over Eli, but since the injuries started piling up the Falcons are giving up ~ 30+ PPG.  The Giants offense has been putting up points in spite of Eli's performance, but IIRC Eli tends to show out on Monday Night Football and I really won't be surprised to see him put up a line similar to CJ Beathard's 245/2/1, which just levels out at the 17 fantasy point mark.

TE: CJ Uzomah (@ Kansas City) - 33% owned in Yahoo, 15% owned in ESPN

- It should go without saying that you ought to scour you waiver wire to see if anyone dropped OJ Howard (Cameron Brate is now a TD-dependent dart throw that could pay against weaker defenses, but Howard's the guy to own with weekly-play), Evan Engram, or David Njoku.  But the guy that tops my TE list for this week because he is getting targets and should give you some play-ability past just this week is Uzomah - who happens to draw a KC defense coming off giving up 43 points.  Very much worth noting - Cincinnati plays Tampa Bay in Week 8.  That's two juicy matchups for Uzomah.  

Other options: Ha!  Unless you can lay hands on an (owned in about 50% of leagues) Austin Hooper (vs NYG) or your comfortable starting "Mr. 5 PPR Points" Jeff Swaim (@ WAS), your best bet is a dart throw on a (very slowly) ascending Ricky Seals-Jones (vs DEN) and even that's in a Thursday night game.  This is actually where I recommend, unless you're targeting Uzomah, not bidding on anyone from the wire and wait to see who gets dropped.  Largely because, if someone lets a Vance McDonald or Jared Cook (still useful in PPR) go to waivers because they're on bye, I'd sooner punt TE this week and pick one of them up for remainder of season at the position unless I was absolutely desperate for a win (and even then I'd be trying to trade for a TE with rest of season potential over being happy trotting out Swaim, RSJ, or similar ilk on the week).

DEF: Indianapolis (vs BUF) - 10% owned in Yahoo, 7% owned in ESPN

- Congratulations, Colts.  Your defense may not be great, but there's a damn good chance that Nathan "Pick 6" Peterman is going to make sure you look that way.  That's right, Josh Allen is injured, Indy's ILB's have actually been pretty good this season - which should mean they'll sell out to stop McCoy and the rushing attack, and the secondary gets to feast on Peterman.  Even if they do actually give up points, I'd lay 2:1 odds that Peterman coughs up a pick that gets run back, which gives you an 8-point floor in just about ever fantasy league.  Cherry on top?  The Colts go to Oakland to play the Raiders in Week 8 before going on bye.

Other options: Dallas (@ WAS) Anyone who listened to me on this last week... you're welcome!  And you can keep streaming that Cowboys defense because Washington run-game is banged up six ways from Sunday and Dallas' scheme is the kind that Alex Smith traditionally struggles against.  Only drawback is they do go on bye after this.  And with that in mind, while I don't love Arizona this week (@ DEN... on a Thursday) but their defense is producing and Case Keenum is still Case Keenum; hopefully you can find a better option, but I feel more confident in their floor than I do the Redskins against the Cowboys, Lions against the Dolphins, and Bill against Indy.

BONUS STREAMS:

WR (bye week fills with upside): Jermaine Kearse (vs MIN)*, Chris Godwin (vs CLE), Christian Kirk (vs DEN), also monitor Rashard Higgins (@ TB) practice reports if you end up missing out or late in the week in need of a possible filler.  And I like Albert Wilson considerably more if it looks like Osweiler is going to start for Miami than if Tannehill does.

* Quincy Enunwa looks like he's going to miss between 3 and 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain and over that stretch he and his likely high-volume target share will see Minnesota (and a decent chance of Trae Waynes as opposed to Xavier Rhodes), Chicago (and Kyle Fuller), Miami, and Buffalo (really depends on who TreDavious White lines up over, but if you get 3 solid weeks before that, he's a worthy pickup)Lag

RB (bye week fliers/fills and maybe a little beyond): I told you Corey Clement (vs CAR) was the Philly back to own and I meant it; he's owned more now considerably I imagine, but get him if you can; Duke Johnson in PPR formats (@ TB; can't believe I'm mentioning his name, but he got big time dropped across a lot of leagues and he's going to be game-script heavy against Tampa), Peyton Barber (vs CLE; again suffered some major early drops because he was terrible, but he showed out against weakened competition last week and the Browns not only got run over by Gordon and Ekeler of the Chargers, but also lost several LB's to injury in that game), and Ito Smith (vs NYG) - He's gotten a TD in each of the past two weeks and Freeman just went on IR; he'll get touches and likely continue getting these goal-line looks (he's got rest of season potential, but bear in mind the Falcons are on bye in Week 8).

LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK:

The Chargers, Falcons, Titans, and Cowboys will be on bye.  Colts @ Raiders (specifically the Colts), Packers @ Rams, and Bucs @ Bengals are going to be the likely Plus Fantasy Matchups.  Packers will be coming off a bye so if any of those injured Packers WR's are out there on your waiver wire, they could be solid stashes with a week to get healthy.  The Broncos also play the Chiefs again in KC, and Royce Freeman did score in their first matchup so he could make for a decent flier in spell of a Gordon, Coleman, or Zeke.

• 2 weeks later...

With a low response to Week 7, I've elected to bypass Week 8 (also, I'm battling Bell's Palsy right now) and devote this next edition to focusing on the upcoming Bye-pocalypse some folks may be facing in Week 9.  Again, I stress, if you have the bench space and expendable players on your bench available to you, PLAN AHEAD and get those players you'll need now to avoid competition for them.

Week 9:

(Teams on bye: ARI, IND, JAX, CIN, NYG, PHI)

QB: Mitch Trubisky (@ BUF) 

- If you're like me, he's who you want, but he's probably on someone's roster this week as a bye-week fill for someone like Rivers or Ryan.  If you've got any expendable WR (like your least prioritized WR on your roster whose production could pretty easily be replaced from waivers, and you don't need them to fill a bye hole for you next week, consider tabling a trade off of that guy for Mitch to the guy who currently is playing him this week.  Buffalo's secondary is beatable (though I don't like Allen Robinson's chances against TreDavious White) and Mitch will likely still turn the ball over, but Chicago's defense against one of Derek Anderson or Nathan Peterman is going to result in favorable starting field position for the Bears and "Mitchell Vick."

Other options: Alex Smith (vs ATL) I don't love this as much as I thought I would several weeks ago, which is why I'd actually advocate making that low-level trade offer for Trubisky.  On paper, this should be a positive match-up: Smith prefers his guys who get separation, Chris Thompson should be close to healthy once more, and Atlanta's linebacker and safety corps is still as injured as ever.  He's probably got a decent floor, but his ceiling is low; I'll be completely shocked if he throw for more than 1 TD unless Thompson is a full-go and his TE's both show up for a big day.  Dak Prescott (vs TEN) Have we really gotten this desperate?  Well, yes.  That said, the Titans defense have shown they're still very much beatable deep and that's been one part of Dak's passing game that's actually rounded into some kind of consistency.  Amari Cooper should be .up to at least 60% of offensive snaps and Michael Gallup is starting to find his feet.  If the Zack Martin injury persists this may be a concern, but they do have the bye this week to get him healed up and to get Dak and Coop on a similar page.  Last ditch effort is CJ Beathard (vs OAK), yes, Beathard's coming off a clunker against the Rams, but should be able to regain some footing this week against Arizona and, let's face it, the Raiders defense is putrid and this will be post-trade-deadline, so there's a decent chance they've traded away even more pieces, further weakening the unit.

TE: Ben Watson (vs LAR)

- This one's going to be a shootout and while they've improved since the start of the season, the Rams are still giving up fantasy points to the TE position.  Ted Ginn's injury has yielded more targets and favorable looks for Watson and I'd give him a better than even chance of finding the end zone in this game.  

Other options: Ha!  Everything else is literally dart throws!   Austin Hooper (@ WAS) could probably be picked up this week while he's on bye because I doubt anyone's going to prioritize carrying him through the bye, but the match-up isn't anything special or even terribly good as with a healthy Ridley makes him, at best the 4th-priority in the passing game.  Vernon Davis (vs ATL), is a TD-or-bust option who has just as good a chance of goose-egging you, but the match-up could yield favorable red-zone looks for him.  Cameron Brate (@ CAR) is, at best, in a 40:60 split of shares with OJ Howard right now, but Jameis still targets him fairly regularly and Carolina (or at least Luke K) is covering TE's like nada.  One of the TE's is going off in this match-up and Brate's not going to goose-egg you (he may not get you more than a couple points unless your in a full-point PPR league, but he'll get you something).  .

DEF: Washinton (vs ATL) 

- I think Washington can manage at minimum a decent floor (they've only failed to post 7 or more fantasy points in one week this season and that was on the road to the Saints) if they study that Giants/Falcons tape.  Atlanta's OL has started to struggle more than usual and Washington's interior DL can be lethal.  Ideally, I'd be hoping that someone drops the Chargers D/ST while they're on bye this week, because November was when we were told to expect Joey Bosa back and the Chargers D has started cooking of late anyway and they get the opportunity to face a Seattle OL that is very beatable.

Other options: Dallas (vs TEN) is definitely an option; in particular because I'm expecting Dallas to get some home cookin' from the refs in a couple of its home games yet to come in this season and well... Mariota's been less than impressive this season.  And although it's a Thursday game, that may actually play to the advantage of the San Francisco (@ OAK) defense in the Battle of the Bay, given that that's less time for the Raiders to adapt to life without Marshawn Lynch and Amari Cooper.  The Niners have done a good job supplementing sacks (hopefully Ronald Blair is healed up for this match-up) and they ought to be able to generate a turnover or two in this game.

I am rolling with CJ beathard this week and next I guess. The only other QBs who even play are osweiler, keenum, kessler and Anderson. Yuck. 

It's a 12 team league with 7 bench spots and there are multiple people who have three QBs. I don't understand it. 4 people have 3 QBs! When the rosters are tiny. The guy I'm playing this week has big Ben, trubs, and Wilson on the roster. At some point someone has to drop a QB, right? I mean 4 idiots have three QBs, while having 4 other spots for running backs and WRs. Someones kicker will have a bye and then I'll be able to get my hands on Marcus Mariota or something 

EDIT I guess Mariota is available but is on a bye. Should I drop Denver's defense for him in prep of next week? Or should I wait it out and drop CJ for him next week? I have 5 runners - gurley, breida, Aaron Jones, Clement, royce. I feel like all of those guys will get picked up if I drop them. 

Thank you @The LBC for letting me know that there might be other poor bastards who have it as bad as me lol 

I guess that is the natural balance to the universe. One league I have mahomes and Watson, another league I only have CJ beathard lol 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I am rolling with CJ beathard this week and next I guess. The only other QBs who even play are osweiler, keenum, kessler and Anderson. Yuck. 

It's a 12 team league with 7 bench spots and there are multiple people who have three QBs. I don't understand it. 4 people have 3 QBs! When the rosters are tiny. The guy I'm playing this week has big Ben, trubs, and Wilson on the roster. At some point someone has to drop a QB, right? I mean 4 idiots have three QBs, while having 4 other spots for running backs and WRs. Someones kicker will have a bye and then I'll be able to get my hands on Marcus Mariota or something 

EDIT I guess Mariota is available but is on a bye. Should I drop Denver's defense for him in prep of next week? Or should I wait it out and drop CJ for him next week? I have 5 runners - gurley, breida, Aaron Jones, Clement, royce. I feel like all of those guys will get picked up if I drop them. 

Thank you @The LBC for letting me know that there might be other poor bastards who have it as bad as me lol 

I guess that is the natural balance to the universe. One league I have mahomes and Watson, another league I only have CJ beathard lol 

Mariota has Dallas next week, which is fairly solid defensively, plus it's in the road. Cj has Oakland at home. Probably rolling with beat hard. Mariota isn't good enough for me to ignore matchup advantages

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Mariota has Dallas next week, which is fairly solid defensively, plus it's in the road. Cj has Oakland at home. Probably rolling with beat hard. Mariota isn't good enough for me to ignore matchup advantages

Ya I agree, matchup advantage over Mariota

Archived