Streams of the Week (Early Week 9 picks up!)

Dr LBC

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Uzomah?

I feel like he is going to split with Kroft which makes me not want to pick up either of them.

Right now, I thinking upside over floor. I'm thinking about picking up Dallas Philly Goedart. When they decide to use him, he has the ability to get big numbers as he showed in the Colts game. The Vikings have been exposed over the middle and with LB's in coverage. I can see Goedart scoring more than I can see almost anybody else on the waiver wire scoring this week. I also have a significant chance of picking up 0 points. 

The other name is Ian Thomas of CAR. His opportunity and matchup are great. He has just done nothing with it so far. Should I bank on this being the week he does something?

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like he is going to split with Kroft which makes me not want to pick up either of them.

Right now, I thinking upside over floor. I'm thinking about picking up Dallas Philly Goedart. When they decide to use him, he has the ability to get big numbers as he showed in the Colts game. The Vikings have been exposed over the middle and with LB's in coverage. I can see Goedart scoring more than I can see almost anybody else on the waiver wire scoring this week. I also have a significant chance of picking up 0 points. 

The other name is Ian Thomas of CAR. His opportunity and matchup are great. He has just done nothing with it so far. Should I bank on this being the week he does something?

Of the two you mentioned, I'd lean Thomas.  Now, granted, Olsen's working his butt off to come back, but if Thomas can manage to be productive, the team likely won't fall over itself to rush Greg back.  But you've got Thomas coming off the bye and having more of an opportunity to get integrated in.

In a PPR format, I feel like Geoff Swaim may actually be a viable reasonable-floor/mediocre-ceiling guy (sometimes, depending on the other matchups on your roster and the team you're facing, those can be just what the doctor ordered).

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m currently considering picking up Foremen. I have Mack who has been completely worthless. I also have Alison at WR that I could drop

If you have an IR slot, go for Foreman.  He's at minimum worth a stash there speculatively.  I'm 50/50 on Allison.  If you need someone this week then yeah, I get it.  If you don't and don't feel like you're getting a better/similar option off the wire, I get that too.  Like I've said before, you can pretty much pick up a streamable WR option off the WR (particularly in PPR-type leagues) just about every week.

21 hours ago, Forge said:

swaim? 

If you're looking mega-deep, I'd say Swaim if it's PPR and, this is a name absolutely no one is throwing around but I'm not sure why, Jermaine Gresham.  He returned from injury and was immediately popped into a notable snaps-advantage on Seals-Jones (likely because of his blocking).  And he's got a rookie QB - which tend to be notoriously prone to checking down to TE's.  Also, and this is someone I'm not even sure people know exists, Jordan Leggett on the Jets; his only challengers to snaps at primary TE (a position the Broncos don't exactly do the best job covering) are an ineffective rookie and a concussed Neil Sterling.

Week 6:

(Teams on bye: NO, DET)

QB: Jameis Winston (@ Atlanta) - 22% owned in Yahoo, 12% owned in ESPN

- We finally found someone who could knock Andy Dalton out of this spot.  But Jameis literally fits all the parameters for it: Favorable match-up, long-term viability (next 4 games are CLE, @CIN, @CAR, WAS), loaded with weapons (and lacking a run-game), and coming off a bye week.  The Falcons defense is still injury-ravaged and has given up 37+ points in its last two homes games and 35+ in its last 3 games total.  And then you factor in that the Tampa defense also is porous as hell and the Falcons offense is on fire - this has shootout written all over it and you want pieces in this game in play for you.

Other options: Baker Mayfield (vs LAC) and yeah, I'm back to being a Baker backer, largely because of the next several weeks of matchups.  Casey Heyward likely matches up on Jarvis Landry, but the Chargers are beatable, and even if Rivers does get the Chargers out to a large lead on the road - I like Baker a lot in garbage time (which you have to factor in at this point of the fantasy season; QB's who can limit turnovers early and fill up garbage time stats are still useful fantasy starters).  Then throw in that in the immediate future the Browns play @TB, @PIT, vs KC, and vs ATL... that's downright delicious matchups for the offense.  CJ Beathard (@ GB) Admittedly, this is dragging the depths of the barrel, but this is someone who can be your garbage man who can if you can't lay hands on resident garbage man Blake Bortles.  It may not happen in the first half, but the Packers are going to put up points and it may not be pretty, but Beathard has averaged over 300 yards passing and 2 scores in his two starts this season.

TE: Cameron Brate (@ Atlanta) - 33% owned in Yahoo, 17% owned in ESPN

- There was concern that the favorite Tight End of Jameis Winston, a QB who has traditionally favored his tight ends, would finally be usurped even after getting a tidy little extension this season... but then OJ Howard went and sprained his MCL going into the bye week.  Enter Brate who has demonstrated phenomenal rapport with Jameis before - he has more games played with Jameis where he's caught a TD than not - and enter Brate into a likely shootout.  

Other options: First and foremost, go out on your waiver wire and make sure that someone in your league didn't drop Evan Engram because of his injury (I point this out because someone in one of my leagues did).  I don't expect him to play on the short week this week, but after that you've got yourself a Tier 2 TE in an offense that looks like it finally may have found itself.  CJ Uzomah  (vs PIT) is someone I'm willing to admit I was wrong on, or at least, Tyler Kroft is now banged up too and Uzomah, even when Kroft was healthy, was getting actual plays designed for him.  The Steelers just siphoned 77 yards on 9 receptions to Austin Hooper, and this is another of those situations where two high-powered offenses and middling defenses are clashing.  There will be points.  Speaking of Austin Hooper (vs TB), he's probably more owned than I'd prefer as a recommendation (49% up 9% in the last week in ESPN and 57% in Yahoo!), but again, I want pieces in this Atlanta/Tampa game and Hooper's coming off a game where he was targeted 12 times.  I'm not as hyped on Niles Paul (@ DAL) because even though he's now got the opportunity largely to himself with ASJ going on IR, I'm not confident in how predictable it will be.  The Cowboys did just give up 6 catches for 65 yards to Ryan Grffin, but Houston did most of it's damage via Nuk Hopkins and their slot receiver (which Jacksonville has in spades).  He's a decent dart throw as he's an athletic TE that's probably going to see a lot of rookie Leighton VanderEsch, but I'd rather have any of the three listed earlier ahead of him.

DEF: Green Bay (vs SF) - 53% owned in Yahoo, 41% owned in ESPN

- Probably late to get them at this point, but the Packers are playing in Lambeau against a QB who has thrown two picks in each of his two starts this season and an offense dealing with all manner of injury woes.  The Packers secondary still needs some work and I do expect them to give up yards, but I think they can limit scores in this and keep under 20 points surrendered while adding in a couple turnovers.  I won't be surprised if this coming Monday's game is nearly identical to the one we witnessed last night, with the Niners playing the part of the Redskins.

Other options: Dallas (vs JAX) is definitely an options because this Dallas defense is actually pretty good.  They're not without their flaws, but playing at home and against Blake Bortles, I feel like they give you a decent floor.  Honestly, there aren't a lot of great options that are low-owned this week.  Which is where I feel the need to advocate looking a week ahead of time when it comes to streaming defenses, if you've got the roster space to manage it.  And with that in mind, while I don't love Indianapolis this week (@ NYJ) they still should have a decent floor (Sam Darnold's penchant for turnovers and all), they get the Bills and away to the Raiders in Weeks 7 and 8.

BONUS STREAMS:

WR (bye week fills with upside): Geronimo Allison (vs SF; 44% owned in Yahoo, 52% owned in ESPN), Christian Kirk (@ MIN; 9% owned in Yahoo, 11% owned in ESPN)*, Antonio Callaway (vs LAC; 27% owned in Yahoo, 26% owned in ESPN)*, Keke Coutee (vs BUF; 34% owned in Yahoo, 20% owned in ESPN)

* Both of the WR1's on their respective teams (Landry and Fitz) will draw the standout CB1's of the opposition (Xavier Rhodes and Casey Heyward) leaving easier pickings for the #2 man (in Callaway's case now sort of by default as Rashard Higgins has an MCL injury).

RB (bye week fliers/fills and maybe a little beyond): Corey Clement (@ NYG; 26% owned in Yahoo, 28% owned in ESPN)*, Kyle Juszczyk in PPR formats (@ GB; 1% owned in Yahoo, 1% in ESPN), Mike Davis (@ OAK; 20% owned in Yahoo, 14% owned in ESPN), also keep your eyes peeled if Nyheim Hines is still available.

43 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Really eh. ... I lost Ajayi, so need to add someone with Ingram on bye & fournette not playing.

Clement will be the guy in philly, and with the rumors making it seem like they could trade for someone... just don’t see smallwood getting a chance

6 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Smallwood or Bilil Powell .... 1) Rest of season....

Format?

Honestly though, I'm not sure it matters.  Powell to me.  PPR it's hands-down Powell.  Standard I might consider Smallwood, but honestly, Powell's been the most consistent of the two NYJ runners and considering both he and Smallwood are in split-situations, I'll trust the guy I've seen more consistently prove to be a dependable fantasy asset.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Format?

Honestly though, I'm not sure it matters.  Powell to me.  PPR it's hands-down Powell.  Standard I might consider Smallwood, but honestly, Powell's been the most consistent of the two NYJ runners and considering both he and Smallwood are in split-situations, I'll trust the guy I've seen more consistently prove to be a dependable fantasy asset.

It was a tough decision... But took Powell in standard.

So you think Baker is a better move than CJ beathard this week? 

All of the following are also available:

Bortles, Mariota, Darnold, Flacco, Tannehill, Rosen, Allen, Keenum, Alex Smith 

Im somewhat thinking that I might get flacco and roll with him for a few weeks. Darnold vs the colts also seems like an option. 

Not sure if you would have included any of these guys in your evaluations based on ownership levels that you might like more than CJ or Baker

On 10/5/2018 at 4:30 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I’m currently considering picking up Foremen. I have Mack who has been completely worthless. I also have Alison at WR that I could drop

If you've held Mack this whole time, don't drop him now - looks like he's practicing in full, the Colts have talked about needing to run the ball more, and Reich has said he expects him to resume the role of starter. By no means startable yet but he could be a useful bye week fill-in soon. 

Foreman coming off a brutal injury and walking into a committee isn't worth ditching Mack for. 

Archived