Streams of the Week (Early Week 9 picks up!)

Dr LBC

For the record, the only time I ever roster more than one QB is the week before my normal QB is going on bye (and even that depends on what I'm predicting the competition looks like it will be for a bye week fill).  One of my leagues only allows for 3 bench spots with 14 teams total, you simply don't have the option to roster 2 QB's unless your team stays phenomenally injure-free, as our new members almost always find out the hard way (and unfortunately for him, he dropped Watson earlier this week to ride or die with Luck).

It's why the Michel injury hit me particularly hard because we also have no IR slot in that league (I've been lobbying hard, maybe next season...), I had the Chargers defense on bye (and with Bosa's return looming, I don't want to give them up), so that was two slots right there (plus Zeke on bye this week for the trifecta).  So I'm not in a position to pick up Winston as a filler for Wentz next week at minimum.  I'm just hoping that his presence will allow for Trubisky to hit the market next week instead when I can drop the Baltimore defense I picked up for bye-fill (after Yahoo screwed me by not allowing a 12:05am free agent pickup, but did allow a 12:42am free agent pickup to another owner on the Colts D).

Week 9 thoughts on defense:

I currently have Washington playing this week vs Gmen .... But on the wire is Chargers, Titans, Ravens (my previous). Who do you like the rest of the way from that bunch, week 9 and on?

4 bench spots, & only 3 wire moves per week, limit what changes can be done.

20 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Any deep TE sleepers for week 9? The ones you mentioned are all rostered in my league. 

Yikes!  If you're in PPR and Juszcyzk on San Francisco has TE eligibility, he's a worthy toss-out.  Mark Andrews (though if those other guys are scooped up, he probably is too) from Baltimore (he got goosed by the Steelers the last time, though).

Jordan Thomas, after what we saw on Thursday, and the fact that Denver doesn't exactly play the TE the strongest, could be a grab-now option since the targets have to go somewhere.

That said, you're scraping the barrel deep enough, you're practically reaching the point where I have to suspect there's better value somewhere to be had that's ultimately going to be worth more to you than the 1-3 points you're likely to max out from guys deeper than Andrews or Vernon Davis.

Need some help for my week 9 matchup. I’m going to be 3-5 unless Shady and Gronk both go off. (I’m up 46 in a standard league) 

Next week I play a guy who’s absolutely stacked. He’s got Kelce at TE and I have Mahomes. With Tyreek being questionable for week 9, would you be concerned about the Chiefs changing their offense in the red zone with no Tyreek on the field? The fact that their best offensive weapon could be out and that they’re playing the Browns kinda scares me. Should I even Consider starting anyone else? Is now the time to pull the trigger on a Mahomes trade?

I also have Trubisky so if I could somehow get a RB1 for Mahomes+ I gotta Do it right? 

Also, my opponent for week 9 has the Jags defense, who are on bye. The Chiefs are the top rated defense on waivers for week 9...I feel Like I should Snipe this dude and pick them up.

23 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Need some help for my week 9 matchup. I’m going to be 3-5 unless Shady and Gronk both go off. (I’m up 46 in a standard league) 

Next week I play a guy who’s absolutely stacked. He’s got Kelce at TE and I have Mahomes. With Tyreek being questionable for week 9, would you be concerned about the Chiefs changing their offense in the red zone with no Tyreek on the field? The fact that their best offensive weapon could be out and that they’re playing the Browns kinda scares me. Should I even Consider starting anyone else? Is now the time to pull the trigger on a Mahomes trade?

I also have Trubisky so if I could somehow get a RB1 for Mahomes+ I gotta Do it right? 

Also, my opponent for week 9 has the Jags defense, who are on bye. The Chiefs are the top rated defense on waivers for week 9...I feel Like I should Snipe this dude and pick them up.

Don't trade your studs.  Don't not-start your studs.  The "his player neutralizes mine" thing is a pitfall too many people fall into.  Unless his QB goes off, yours still put up a high point total if Kelce goes off.  And if yours goes off and his doesn't, chances are you're winning.

Watkins is going to and has been getting those increased red-zone looks the last couple weeks, even with Hill being there.  I really don't see that changing a ton.  Cleveland's still giving up the 10th-fewest points against fantasy TE's and they just got smoked by Conner - meanwhile Reid actually seems to have learned from the error of his ways in terms of his inconsistent usage of Hunt last season.

The defense would be a good pickup, because the other options are probably sketch and I'm not above buying a win by depriving an opponent of options.  But trading Mahomes would have to be for a legit, tier-2-at-absolute-worst RB1 and nothing else (Hopkins and AB might be the only non-RB1's I'd trade him for right now).

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

@The LBC So CJ beathard is questionable with a wrist injury and Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the wire. Do I pick up fitz? I could also get Carr, Dak, Mariota, Keenum

Fitz is a fine pickup as is Carr.  I'd avoid Dak and Mariota like the plague.

Am I the only one who hates playing a team defense who plays a team coming off a bye.. titans had 2 weeks to prepare for the Cowboys D... titans aren’t all world but they are not the Cardinals offense. They have some talent on that side of the ball. I felt a lot better about streaming Chiefs this week 

Archived