Week 2: Indianapolis Colts

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

This is a pretty fair take on the game. What the hell happened to the OL? Can’t just blame it on the Cardinals being bad — even with Gurley, the Rams aren’t running it on them like we did.  

And we’re going to have to find ways to combat this short passing attack. Both teams have tried (with different degrees of success) to take our pass-rushers and blitzes out of the equation with these quick passes. We need to tackle better on the outside and I think we need a little more interior push. The young DL need to be winning quicker. Hopefully as the weather cools down, they’ll be able to stay fresher and more explosive.

We won’t see so much of that short quick-hitting passing attack next week, most likely, so it’ll be interesting to see if our pass rush shows up a little more. 

This. The Q4 drive that ended in the TY Hilton TD was backbreaking. They were ill-equipped to stop the hurry up short passing game and the Colts marched up and down the field with ease.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We really need Maurice Harris to get active. He just may have more consistent hands than Doctson and they make similar circus catches.

If Jay has any semblance of a spine, he should sit Josh Doctson. Terrible effort from that guy.

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sigh. This is where we are now? Relying on a guy that has like 5 catches in three years? 

He may only have 5 catches in 3 years but when he gets on the field he does usually make plays. I want Doctson to be the guy so bad, but he just keeps disappointing game after game. He had two huge chances to make plays for his QB this game and one would’ve been a TD but he just didn’t deliver and it was similar last year when Kirk was throwing him 50/50 balls or even an easy pass over the middle for a TD which he dropped vs the Broncos.

There’s no excuse and I’m afraid he’s going to be Rod Gardner 2.0. He has all the talent, size and athletic ability to make acrobatic plays on the ball but he generally doesn’t come down with it. I’m also concerned that he may have some Terrelle Pryor in him over the middle. He’s dropped several what should be routine catches over the middle the last two years including one last week.

I hope I'm wrong about him and the rest of the eyes he balls out like I want him to and thought he would but the first two weeks haven’t been promising.

We can start at the LOS. The Colts man handle us on both side of the LOS especially our OL resulting in way to many 3rd and short for them and to many 3rd and long for our Skins. Throw in a few TO's and some important drops and we got our *** kick. It is a little disturbing that the colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did this.

This was clearly a disappointing game but there is a silver lining. Philly lost to the Bucs and whomever wins tonight in Dal vs NY we’ll be tied with but one Gabe behind in the NFC East. We haven’t lost a game in the NFC yet, the other teams have, even the 1–1 team that wins tonight.

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

We can start at the LOS. The Colts man handle us on both side of the LOS especially our OL resulting in way to many 3rd and short for them and to many 3rd and long for our Skins. Throw in a few TO's and some important drops and we got our *** kick. It is a little disturbing that the colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did this.

We clearly need to upgrade LG next offseason but other than that I think we’re fine. I’ll chalk the other guys up to just having a bad game.

Just finished watching all the game- saw first 3 quarters then my attention was drawn elsewhere :)

the team was unprepared, failed to make any adjustments and poorly motivated. Writing this “sounds like a broken record”. The OL was pathetic and Trent was horrid. Frankenstein was his normal self, not like last week. He plays way to high and can’t pass block and is too slow and off balance to run block. Other than that he’s a quality nfl lineman :)

moses, he was definitely hurt but again why trot a hurt guy out there? Poor coaching

playcalling- uninspiring typical to gruden. Watching highlights from our former assistants at Rams and 49ers is depressing 

Smith- yeah his WR didn’t help him with drops but he passed up several wide open plays to check down. Reverting to the norm

our DL is young. They will be very good but it’s going to be an inconsistent learning process

doctson- Bust. Playing with Smith is exactly the wrong type of QB as Smith doesn’t throw it until you’re wide open. He has never thrown a guy open and Doctson can get any separation. Andy Reid’s a genius- his QB threw 6 touchdowns and Cousins was awesome. Our front office- Fooled us again, well some of us 

Reed- after a good game blocking last week he returned to his norm as a blocker- the worst blocking TE in nfl and you can’t run with him in the game blocking like that 

Peterson- warrior who experienced what the last few RBs experienced with our frantically over rate OL in the run game- hit behind the line 75% of attempts 

swearinger made two interceptions but he’s not good. Missed a ton of tackles and did we even have another safety on the field? 

My unsung hero is that WR we just signed who looks like he can block punts and has special team ace potential 

grades

coaching F

OL F

rb C

wr F

TE D overall B receiving and F blocking

DL C

LB D

CB D except Dunbar who is a bright soot

Safery D even with two interceptions 

P B

K D this guy has so much trouble kicking on the crap field we have 

crowd- smart for Finally deciding not to fund a perrenial bad team under Danny. We rarely protect home field and that’s Bert telling of a losing culture

Doc Out

5 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Just left fed ex. Getting on 95 on way to New York ask the kids did everyone have a good time? My 6 year old boy, who was awesome all game making noise on third down after third down says “it sucked the colts won”. As his eyes were welling up I think, he’s one of us now

Why @bigdog44? Why did you subject him to our insanity?! :D

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why @bigdog44? Why did you subject him to our insanity?! :D

Sadly is thier any other option? 

Good points - he got to see fighter jets

-with his first pop Warner game next week (I’m head coach, call me Gibbs 3.0) seeing the real deal (sort of) is an awesome experience. 

-he got a shiny new chris Thompson jersey

bad points- josh Docston signed his hoodie and in doing so basically stained a $50 redskin hoodie

-got a “my first redskin game” award whatever thing. Bruce Allen freakin signed one for all 3 of my kids. I don’t want this guys name in my house. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe but not the ones who were playing today. Darnold & Allen both threw 2 ints

Both the Jets and Bills scored more points than the Redskins did today. They also lost by less than the Redskins did today.

Per the NFL.com play-by-play description, both Darnold and Allen attempted 10 "deep" passes; Smith attempted six. Both Darnold (4) and Allen (3) attempted a "deep" pass in the 4th quarter; Smith did not.

So, yeah, the rookies threw interceptions. They were trying to win the game. What was Smith doing?

I didn’t notice this last week but today did anyone else see Allen and Payne not play a snap together in the second half? Every play one was coming out the other was going in. I get the need for rotation but in a game where your losing the battle up front shouldn’t your best DLs be on the field? At least 1st and 3rd down? Especially guys that know how to work together. 

Archived