Week 3 GDT - Green Bay (1-0-1) @ Washington (1-1)

Leader

14 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Packers didn't practice yesterday, but the "estimated" injury report had him as a full participant.

We're 4 weeks out from the original injury and that was about the time frame noted from various outlets. He'll have to wear a harness on that shoulder to keep it from popping out again, but he should be able to work back into the rotation at ILB this week or next.
Josh Jones availability may or may not impact his play time on Defense, but missing both of them hinders Pettine's flexibility

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Interesting that MM thinks working a guy with a shoulder injury in slowly would be special teams, but what do I know

Might have trouble with range of motion overhead, in which case I could understand not wanting to throm him in coverage

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Interesting that MM thinks working a guy with a shoulder injury in slowly would be special teams, but what do I know

Because it was a dislocation, they want keep his arms down which ST play won't affect.

"The 33-year-old Adrian Peterson will start at running back for the Redskins. The Packers last saw Peterson in 2016 at US Bank Stadium’s opener that resulted in a 17-14 loss for the Packers. In 18 career games against the Packers, Peterson has rushed 368 times for 1,878 yards (5.1 average) and 13 touchdowns."

Kinda surprised to see only 13 TDs vs GB in 18 games

"The offensive line features six-time Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams protecting Alex Smith’s blindside. Unfortunately for Washington, Williams suffered a knee injury against the Colts stemming from an offseason procedure. He’s been practicing on a limited basis this week and is likely to be questionable to play "

More here from Packers Wire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/21/packers-week-3-scouting-report-washington-redskins/

From The Athletic

Mason Foster looks forward to his chess match with Aaron Rodgers on Sunday

"Making a defensive adjustment to outsmart an audible Aaron Rodgers makes is just like hitting the sweet spot in baseball, Mason Foster explained. When Washington’s linebacker properly reads what the Green Bay Packers quarterback is trying to do and the defense stops it in its tracks, that feeling is comparable to hitting the ball right off the sweet spot of the bat, hearing the boom and watching it fly.

After playing Rodgers four times in his career, Foster smiled when asked what it’s like to quarterback the defense in a game against the perennial Pro Bowler. It’s like a game of chess. Sometimes Rodgers is making dummy calls, so that requires him to make a few of his own.

Occasionally, Foster makes a big show with fake hand signals to throw off the Packers quarterback, so Rodgers has to discern whether Foster is trying to play him into a trap or he’s actually done an adjustment which Rodgers now has to audible for. Watch the two of them go to work on Sunday, and it’s almost like observing a choreographed dance, the intimate details of which Foster would not divulge.

“That’s between me and Rodgers,” Foster said with a smile. “Sometimes he’s flipping stuff, so I gotta flip. We do stuff, and then have to move the d-line, so it’s a game. It’s like chess, but I love it. You can’t get caught making a bad move or they can go for 60 on you. You just gotta study a lot and be on top of it. You know he’s coming with his A-game, so I have to be on top of my A-game and keep the communication at a high level."

58 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

That game was a BLAST to watch.
Reigning SB Champs vs the 8-8 Packers with James Lofton, John Jefferson and Paul Coffman at TE

I was THERE!!  It was unreal, like a video game.  Lynne Dickey and those 3 receivers were so much fun to watch. 

I always wonder what could have been had we had a semblance of a defense back then.

Archived