NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats almost a terrible 10 game stretch over 2 years. No one has ever done that before. 

Well, Matts, keep in mind that I don't need to omit those 9 games to prove that he's been better than Dak the past two years. ;)

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Jared Goff last 9 games (since the KC shootout):

2,037 yards, 57.9% completions, 8 TDs, 9 INTs, 73.1 passer rating

Is he done, or finished?

Thank you for this.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, Matts, keep in mind that I don't need to omit those 9 games to prove that he's been better than Dak the past two years. ;)

Thank you for this.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Dak+Prescott&player_id1_select=Dak+Prescott&fromyear_1=2018&toyear_1=2019&player_id1=PresDa01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Jared+Goff&player_id2_select=Jared+Goff&fromyear_2=2018&toyear_2=2019&player_id2=GoffJa00&idx=players

Last 2 years. Dak has better QB ratings, less turnovers, better comp %, better rushing production.

And dont get me started on the playoff production. Where Dak like 130% higher in QB rating. 

10 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Lol. Fellas you gotta try harder. We’ve smacked the saints and Cowgirls on the way to the chip. 

Cool. And we smacked the saints and eagles twice. Its weird how some teams just match up better with other ones. 

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That's not the last two years, dude. That's the past year. Again, you had to omit the vast majority of Dak's terrible stretch lol. I feel quite confident that Goff will have superior numbers to Dak again in 2019. Dak won't get to play the Giants every week.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

That's not the last two years, dude. That's the past year. Again, you had to omit the vast majority of Dak's terrible stretch lol. I feel quite confident that Goff will have superior numbers to Dak again in 2019. Dak won't get to play the Giants every week.

The joke

Your head

That was the 2019 and 2018 seasons.

37 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

seriously though why has Goff been struggling in your eyes? I know he's a good QB, but that is a horrific stretch.

Calling that a horrific stretch is a "stretch." Why is Goff struggling? Well, he played some really freaking good defenses without Kupp and with an injured Gurley last year. The games he played poorly in were against Chicago, Philly, and New England. Chicago simply dominated our offense in all phases. Philly's DL dominated in that game. You can still throw Goff off his game if you pressure him consistently. New England simply outflanked us. Beyond that, Goff has been fine. He was rusty in Week 1 this year, just like he was in Week 1 last year. Difference is that the Panthers have a good defense, whereas the Raiders were terrible last year. I'm not concerned about Week 1.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Calling that a horrific stretch is a "stretch." Why is Goff struggling? Well, he played some really freaking good defenses without Kupp and with an injured Gurley last year. The games he played poorly in were against Chicago, Philly, and New England. Chicago simply dominated our offense in all phases. Philly's DL dominated in that game. You can still throw Goff off his game if you pressure him consistently. New England simply outflanked us. Beyond that, Goff has been fine. He was rusty in Week 1 this year, just like he was in Week 1 last year. Difference is that the Panthers have a good defense, whereas the Raiders were terrible last year. I'm not concerned about Week 1.

Frankly, it's a little too convenient to draw the line at the KC game. The previous three games before that "stretch" were against KC, Seattle, and NO, three 10+ win teams. In those three games, Goff's stats were 87/128 68.0% 1122 yards 8.8 YPA 9 TDs 1 Int 115.4 PR. Goff is a young QB. Young QBs have ups and downs.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

What are your thoughts on Goff having terrible numbers for over half a seasons worth of games now?   

Last 9 games, qb ratings - 7 TD/8 INT in this span:

69, 58, 83, 74, 121, 118, 76, 19, 69

He can certainly turn things around still, but it's got to be disconcerning a bit right?  especially considering how steep the drop off was from his previous numbers. 

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Here is the problem with laying that many points.

The Patriots are up 35 - 13 with 4 to play.

They let the Dolphins dink and dunk to kill the clock for 4 minutes.

Do they score and get within 15? You care but the Patriots don't really care.

Indeed. I would never take a team giving up that many points. I imagine there were a lot of pissed of Philadelphians at the end of that game last week (Skins were getting 9 pts)

2 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

What are your thoughts on Goff having terrible numbers for over half a seasons worth of games now?   

Last 9 games, qb ratings - 7 TD/8 INT in this span:

69, 58, 83, 74, 121, 118, 76, 19, 69

He can certainly turn things around still, but it's got to be disconcerning a bit right?  especially considering how steep the drop off was from his previous numbers. 

I'm going to go with: No Cooper Kupp. 

Archived