NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, jrry32 said:

Well, hell, why didn't #1 QB Dak make it to the Super Bowl?

Because this is a team game.

Its kind of the same way the Rams team dragged Goff there even though he played like trash and is a system QB who cant read a defense. Might have been the biggest carry job since Dilfer. 

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

so you are ok w/ the violence because someone puts a ball into the endzone. fine, that thin veil is adequate enough for you to overcome your terror of violence. 

there are also a lot of aspects of mma that make a lot of fights less violent than football. you are completely fine if someone gets you in a choke and you tap or even if you go out.

Again, you completely miss the point (I'm not at all surprised)

• I am arguing with choking is less violent guy after all.

If the Eagles run 8 plays on offense and all 8 are Wentz to Jackson or Jeffrey for 80 yard TDs and no one gets hurt or even hit hard then EVERY Eagles fan is elated.

MMA watchers are watching ONLY for violence.

A concussion in football is a tragedy. A concussion in a blood sport is the goal.

I admit that I used to be part of the problem. I have concussed Don Flamenco at least 250 times.

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

zeke doesn’t unload the box 

amari was viewed as average before Dallas

bad offensive line

jason garrett

I miss anything?

Does this get old? You do this everytime. Last time you did it, none of those points got brought up at all. Its a troll attempt, but its weak. And its doubly weak because the points are actually true. 

Except replace Garrett with Linehan. Rams fans know about Linehan. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because this is a team game.

Its kind of the same way the Rams team dragged Goff there even though he played like trash and is a system QB who cant read a defense. Might have been the biggest carry job since Dilfer. 

Yet, the guy you claimed is Trent Dilfer went on the road to NO and brought the Rams back from down 20-10 in the 3rd quarter to win the game. Dak was down 23-15 to the Rams in the 3rd quarter and lost. He scored a TD late to make it look more respectable than it was. Why didn't #1 QB Dak score more than 22 points against the Rams? Why were the Cowboys down 30-15 until just over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter? Shouldn't the #1 QB have been able to deliver more than that? Goff did in New Orleans. And you just told us that he sucks.

Edited by jrry32

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yet, the guy you claimed is Trent Dilfer went on the road to NO and brought the Rams back from down 20-10 in the 3rd quarter to win the game. Dak was down 23-15 to the Rams and lost. He scored a TD late to make it look more respectable than it was. Why didn't #1 QB Dak score more than 22 points against the Rams? Why were the Cowboys down 30-15 until just over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter? Shouldn't the #1 QB have been able to deliver more than that? Goff did in New Orleans. And you just told us that he sucks.

jrry, you know in your heart of hearts, if your team had been fortunate enough to have a "wentz" happen, your back up QB would of won that superbowl.

and I dont even know who your back up is. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

SINCE GAME 9 OF LAST YEAR PLAYBOI => including all QBs

That playoff game was in LA last year because they counted all the games before week 9 too, am I right?

I can see the NFL Films video now!

AMERICA'S GAME:  The 10-2 1-1 Dak Prescott Cowboys of November 5th 2018 through September 22nd 2019

With Dak Prescott, The Clapper, The Crypt-Keeper, and Matts4313

Jrry, Ive been dating a chick for a little over a year. She's a lawyer (family). Her dad is a lawyer (criminal). Her mom is a lawyer (business). They are die hard eagles/texans fans. Needless to say, they hate the Cowboys with a passion. Im used to arguing with lawyers about football. And they are extra difficult because they are heavy sports betters. They know everything about everything.

I say that to say this: I have no clue how you passed the bar exam. Your arguments are nonsensical and illogical. You attempt to connect such ridiculous dots that it demeans your overarching point. 

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

That playoff game was in LA last year because they counted all the games before week 9 too, am I right?

I can see the NFL Films video now!

AMERICA'S GAME:  The 10-2 1-1 Dak Prescott Cowboys of November 5th 2018 through September 22nd 2019

With Dak Prescott, The Clapper, The Crypt-Keeper, and Matts4313

He said it was 2 games. I am simply point out that its over 10. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

jrry, you know in your heart of hearts, if your team had been fortunate enough to have a "wentz" happen, your back up QB would of won that superbowl.

and I dont even know who your back up is. 

LOL. You didn't address any of my points. Sean Mannion was our backup. There's zero chance we would have won anything with him. Goff and Dak both had a chance to bring their teams back. Goff delivered on the road in NO. Dak failed. But hey, Dak put up pretty numbers in his failing effort. Congrats. How Alex Smithian of him.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Jrry, Ive been dating a chick for a little over a year. She's a lawyer (family). Her dad is a lawyer (criminal). Her mom is a lawyer (business). They are die hard eagles/texans fans. Needless to say, they hate the Cowboys with a passion. Im used to arguing with lawyers about football. And they are extra difficult because they are heavy sports betters. They know everything about everything.

I say that to say this: I have no clue how you passed the bar exam. Your arguments are nonsensical and illogical. You attempt to connect such ridiculous dots that it demeans your overarching point. 

Awww, Matts, you got worked over again and now you're resorting to ad hominems. How pitiful of you. 

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

A concussion in football is a tragedy. A concussion in a blood sport is the goal.

All of this is false. A concussion in football isn't a tragedy, it's a product of the sport. An unfortunate reality. At least in my view, tragedies take shape in other more horrific ways. And a concussion in combat sports isn't THE Goal, it's A goal. The main goal is to win, and a win doesn't have to include your opponent being concussed.

For the watching bit....Yea, tons of grappling fans get a real violence fix by watching someone pass guard Rolling Eyes.

Do you have this opinion of action movies too? Is the violence in them abhorrent as well? And are those entertained by them, devolved?

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. You didn't address any of my points. Sean Mannion was our backup. There's zero chance we would have won anything with him. Goff and Dak both had a chance to bring their teams back. Goff delivered on the road in NO. Dak failed. But hey, Dak put up pretty numbers in his failing effort. Congrats. How Alex Smithian of him.

I failed to address your point because it was a stupid point. You watched the game. You know exactly what happened. Our defense was terrible, couldnt stop anything. The literal only player who equaled or exceeded his expectation that game was Dak (and Gallup).

If you make stupid comments, I am going to give you stupid retorts. 

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Again, you completely miss the point (I'm not at all surprised)

I'm not missing the point. I just like how a silly game gets you over your fear of violence real quick. 

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:
  • I am arguing with choking is less violent guy after all.

If I gave you the option between getting tackled by ed reed and getting choked out by a gracie. 100% of the time you should get choked out. It's so safe there are gyms that don't allow you to tap. and in football there are NFL teams who give practice days off because too many of their players are injured (literally multiple teams did that today lmao)

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If the Eagles run 8 plays on offense and all 8 are Wentz to Jackson or Jeffrey for 80 yard TDs and no one gets hurt or even hit hard then EVERY Eagles fan is elated.

yeah, no one gets hurt. I like that you can pretend every play of football isn't super violent. 

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

there is a lot of strategy in mma. I watch a bunch of breakdowns on strategy and footwork technique and hand placement, reads, and setups, etc. 

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

the biggest difference is in football people pretend it isn't happening