NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

22 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

My argument is that players who are not in perfect situations should still be able to perform from time to time.

I am the one who said Rosen in Miami is pointless because they are far too awful for him to grow from a currently bad QB.

Rosen was not paid 14 million dollars a year like Lev Bell.

Everyone worshiped Bell in Pittsburgh and now they feel the need to protect him. It can't be both.

Wentz was unlike Bell this weekend in that he played great (only in the second half) when things were really tough.

Lev Bell is stealing money in NJ and he knows it to the point of crying on the sideline last night.

• Idiots are praising him for his total yards or his being the best Jet on a bad team.

Philly is loaded with talent, its just that a bunch of guys got injured and Atlanta had their schemed rushes working and they had to silent count in a dome...

and Wentz still played well.

You took all this and turned me into a GM who wants bad players. xD

Matts is an intelligent poster who very often disagrees with me.

You on the other hand?

Image result for billy madison rambling

Alright so Wentz can win sometimes despite a tough circumstance put in front of his because of injuries around him per say. 

That's not winning formula to reach a Superbowl here and any team shouldn't be aiming for that. I support the Bell defenders also but how many teams in the league win soley based off their RB?

Good teams that can win have a variety of ways they can beat you with. Wentz shouldn't be put in the position he is in as Bell shouldn't either. When you placed all your chips on one player to carry you thats terrible FO management.

It's not a sign of a greatness of a player in most cases, it's just terrible depth and roster management by the team FO that makes players like Wentz and Bell be the only reliable option.

Edit:

Do we really think Wentz is going to last a whole season if Wentz has to do what he had to do last night week after week?

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

48 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So your whole argument is hey lets surround Wentz with talent he can't possibly win with at the moment and injure our QB and lets see what we can do despite all of that.

I'll tell you right now if you were in charge of a FO it'd be Miami in a heartbeat.

He’s not saying that that’s what a FO should plan to do. He’s saying great players ought to be able to be great in sub-optimal conditions. That doesn’t mean a team should aim to be sub-optimal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s not saying that that’s what a FO should plan to do. He’s saying great players ought to be able to be great in sub-optimal conditions. That doesn’t mean a team should aim to be sub-optimal. 

I understand where he is coming from but I'm just proposing the idea that this method in which we measure the greatness of a player is directly linked to excuses for FOs to be lazy to surround good rosters around their great players.

Great players can be developed too  and with a higher success rate IF most team's FO weren't slacking in their own regards. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

19 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I understand where he is coming from but I'm just proposing the idea that this method in which we measure the greatness of a player is directly linked to excuses for FOs to be lazy to surround good rosters around their great players.

Great players can be developed too  and with a higher success rate IF most team's FO weren't slacking in their own regards. 

...I don’t think they’re being bad on purpose, though lol.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Does anyone have a guideline I can follow about what players are men who can be judged on how they play vs players who are poor baby! and can not possibly be expected to earn their money unless conditions are perfect around them?

Its clear that Lev Bell needs all the help in the world and we are mean for expecting him  (holding him to a standard) to play like a high paid NFL RB in New Jersey.

Funny how he got all the praise when he stood still as the Steelers O-line knocked people on their butts before he picked from several open running lanes.

Lev was averaging 3.75 per touch on 30 touches last night before he had a lovely 17 yard catch and run... which he fumbled away.

Every RB in the NFL makes people miss especially when they are desperation diving at their feet.

Every RB in the NFL can run through a hole to first contact and fall forward if first contact is by a guy being blocked trying to arm tackle the runner.

So he does more spin moves, its not like those spin moves are doing all that much for the Jets.

;)

• Like 1

Carlos Hyde is currently 5th in rushing, 7th in YPC, and has not had a carry for zero or negative yards this season. 

If he somehow found that gear he had in San Francisco, the Texans might have a nice little find on their hands.

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, it's like Gurley during Fisher's final year. It was easy to see Gurley could play, but his numbers were terrible because nobody else on the Rams could.

Gurley played 13 games and he had 5 games with 120+ rushing yards. He was at 5+ a pop in all 5 games.

I will wait to see if Bell gets his 5 games of 120 rushing yards.

I'd also like to see what people call contact.

• Dude diving and brushing at your shoes with a finger?
  • A hand of a guy who is getting blocked but extends his arm over the tackle?

Bell has made some spin moves. Its not like he is going Beast Mode on people this year.

I saw some Bell carries where the line busted a 5 yard hole for him and then he fell forward on a couple of arm tackles for 7.

My hero!

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Gurley played 13 games and he had 5 games with 120+ rushing yards. He was at 5+ a pop in all 5 games.

I will wait to see if Bell gets his 5 games of 120 rushing yards.

I'd also like to see what people call contact.

• Dude diving and brushing at your shoes with a finger?
  • A hand of a guy who is getting blocked but extends his arm over the tackle?

Bell has made some spin moves. Its not like he is going Beast Mode on people this year.

I saw some Bell carries where the line busted a 5 yard hole for him and then he fell forward on a couple of arm tackles for 7.

My hero!

Wrong year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GurlTo01/gamelog/2016/