Mitchell Trubisky's Future

SmittyBacall

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is very true. If anyone knew there was a team in Tampa, Cleveland wouldn't get as much hate. We're far worse historically and consistently churn out bad teams. Only difference is 0-26 happened 40 years ago and 1-31 is a lot more recent.

I like the pewter pants. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

When I watch him now it's confirmation of what I saw in the preseason. And that post only took like 15 seconds

What you saw in the preseason? You had him figured out from all 18 throws he made this preseason in the vanilla offense that Nagy presented? 

Or is there more to your post? Because that would be a historically asinine statement. 

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Bumping a thread like this after a tough loss is in pretty bad taste my friend.

You and another Bears fan bumped the thread after Trubisky's 6 touchdown game, so... Is it only in poor taste because you don't like the taste, or was what you and the other guy did poor taste as well?  Trying to figure out the mechanics behind this poor taste thing. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You're right, but the purpose is to track his progress; which means the good and the bad. 

I don't have an agenda.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm not criticizing the loss. I'm criticizing Trubisky. He was not good yesterday.

Just went back through this thread to see your complimentary post about Trubisky after the Bucs game. Surprise suprise there wasn't one. Still want to hang your hat on being objective and that you "want to see him do well"? 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

After a while, you've got to make dinner with what's in the fridge. This offense was vastly improved to help Trubisky, but he hasn't lived up to his side of the bargain.

What were the expectations you had of him?

Right now the Bears are 6th overall in ppg. He has carried the offense with Nagy refusing to get the run game going and with his sporadic stalling (the number of go routes was ridiculous yesterday). We are 6th in rushing yards per game but take out Tru's 40 ypg and they are down to the 26th spot.  With Howard and Cohen in the backfield that is crazy.  The offense is averaging 1 yard per game led than New England. 

I'm just lost on what expectations were of him from most of the other fan bases. Just because Nagy got here it seems they expected him to put up Goff numbers or else he busted. Mine was about 24 TDs and 12 (maybe 14 INTs, it has been a while) INTs, and about 4000 yards. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You and another Bears fan bumped the thread after Trubisky's 6 touchdown game, so... Is it only in poor taste because you don't like the taste, or was what you and the other guy did poor taste as well?  Trying to figure out the mechanics behind this poor taste thing. 

Sure. I'll make this simple. If you celebrate when a player on your team does well that's pretty standard. It's what we all do. You with me so far? If you celebrate when a player on another team does poorly and rub other fans noses in it that's in bad taste. I hope this clears it up for you.

Just now, Pool said:

Sure. I'll make this simple. If you celebrate when a player on your team does well that's pretty standard. It's what we all do. You with me so far? If you celebrate when a player on another team does poorly and rub other fans noses in it that's in bad taste. I hope this clears it up for you.

Lol.  You've got no high ground here.  Y'all came in here acting like Trubisky just became Brady after the Buccaneers game, and now suddenly it's in poor taste.  That's BS.  You can dish it out, you can't take it.  It's as simple as that.  You got your feelings hurt. 

It is the nature of this website.  Opinions of players exist.  When something happens to confirm an opinion, everybody reminds everybody about their opinion.  When Trubisky has a good game, you will bump this thread and act like you've got the moral high ground because you're celebrating success when it's literally the exact same thing the other way.  People are celebrating the success of their opinions, and the success of what they want to happen.  A rival of Trubisky's team sees it as a success when Trubisky does poorly just as you celebrate his success when he does well. 

There's literally no difference.  That's fandom in a nutshell. 

Now if somebody had come in to bump a thread on an injury, that would be in poor taste.  The success/failure of a team/player is not something that's poor taste, and it never has been.  You just can't handle it. 

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm just lost on what expectations were of him from most of the other fan bases. 

Consistency. Yesterday he looked replacement level bad. A few weeks ago, vs the Bucs he looked psychic with a touch of telepathy. 

Somewhere in the middle of that. Not as good as Mahomes, but not as bad as a rookie yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  You've got no high ground here.  Y'all came in here acting like Trubisky just became Brady after the Buccaneers game, and now suddenly it's in poor taste.  That's BS.  You can dish it out, you can't take it.  It's as simple as that.  You got your feelings hurt. 

It is the nature of this website.  Opinions of players exist.  When something happens to confirm an opinion, everybody reminds everybody about their opinion.  When Trubisky has a good game, you will bump this thread and act like you've got the moral high ground because you're celebrating success when it's literally the exact same thing the other way.  People are celebrating the success of their opinions, and the success of what they want to happen.  A rival of Trubisky's team sees it as a success when Trubisky does poorly just as you celebrate his success when he does well. 

There's literally no difference.  That's fandom in a nutshell. 

Now if somebody had come in to bump a thread on an injury, that would be in poor taste.  The success/failure of a team/player is not something that's poor taste, and it never has been.  You just can't handle it. 

Your narrative is flat out wrong. See my quoted posts below about Trubisky after the Bucs game. Oh and for the record, I do have the high ground here. I don't make troll posts and I'm far more objective about my team than most. Can you say the same? Because I've read enough of your posts about the Packers and the Bears to know that you can't.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:56 PM, Pool said:

Trubisky is not elite and the Bears aren't winning the Superbowl. It was great to see Trubisky prove a lot of people wrong and show real improvement. I think he has proved a lot of doubters wrong and at the same time given hope back to a lot of Bears fans. What a fantastic performance.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:07 PM, Pool said:

Eh lot of people here had already written him off. Said he was terrible etc etc. I think he did prove them wrong. Terrible QB's don't have games like Trubisky had today. I mean, Drew Brees played this team and didn't have this type of game against them. Now I get what you are saying and it is just one game. But he has shown improvement and promise. There is reason to be optimistic again. You can't really argue that he doesn't look like he has taken a huge step forward.

Just now, Pool said:

Your narrative is flat out wrong. See my quoted posts below about Trubisky after the Bucs game. Oh and for the record, I do have the high ground here. I don't make troll posts and I'm far more objective about my team than most. Can you say the same? Because I've read enough of your posts about the Packers and the Bears to know that you can't

You're right, you weren't one of the people who bumped this thread after the Buccs game.  My bad there.  Don't act like I'm a troll because of what I say about a division rival in the Packers subforum.  That's ridiculous, and you know it.  I don't think I've literally ever posted in the Bears forum.  It's not in poor taste to reflect on an opinion that you stand by.  Dude didn't even quote anybody when he bumped the thread, which can't be said about what Bears fans did after the Buccaneers game. 

If you don't want this ***-for-tat thread posting game going on, you should be just as hard on your fellow Bears fans who bump the thread after a good game.  I don't see you telling your boys it's in poor taste to bump the thread after a good game. 

Archived