Mitchell Trubisky's Future

SmittyBacall

30 minutes ago, game3525 said:

If you want further proof that QBR is garbage. Trubuisky had an 83.0 QBR yesterday.

Like every other stat, you need to actually know what it measures before you try to utilize it in any way. In the case of QBR, and what sets it apart from passer rating, is that it puts a heavy emphasis on 3rd down, late game situations, and looks at rushing and sacks taken. When you see a 120 passer rating, you can pretty safely say the QB had an efficient game, that's about it without actually watching it. When you see an 80 QBR, you can pretty safely say the QB converted on plenty of 3rd down dropbacks and lead his team down the field late in the game. 

Shame ESPN decided to tout it as the "one stop shop" stat that will tell you everything, don't even bother watching the game! Personally don't really look at it much due to fact we don't know exactly how everything is weighed, and the subjectivity when it comes to drops and such, but I feel it is misunderstood.

32 minutes ago, Starless said:

Should be moved to WR tbh. Dude can't throw from the pocket at all. Looks worse than rookie Jared Goff.

I'm guessing you only have seen him play in yesterday's game?  That hasn't been the case overall this season, unfortunately the offensive line forgot how to block yesterday and he was forced out of the pocket nonstop.

10 hours ago, El ramster said:

I heard that he can't throw left lol. Saw the game yesterday and only threw short routes. Not sure if he can or can't.

Pretty sure i'll lol to death if true. 

It’s not true. Pretty much his entire 6TD game was to the left. It’s another of the myths around this guy.

He's a second-year quarterback and not playing as bad as some are acting like he is.

Does he have his limitations? Sure. Is he a long term franchise quarterback? I don't know... But I do know it's too early to say one way or the other.

13 hours ago, Starless said:

Should be moved to WR tbh. Dude can't throw from the pocket at all. Looks worse than rookie Jared Goff.

I'm not sure about that. He did look competent against Miami and Tampa. I don't think he will be elite but top 10-15 QB in the league should be doable.

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

What you saw in the preseason? You had him figured out from all 18 throws he made this preseason in the vanilla offense that Nagy presented? 

Or is there more to your post? Because that would be a historically asinine statement. 

You'd be surprised how much you can learn about a QB in one game. But obviously my opinion of him stems further than that. He just looks so panicked as a passer, and doesn't seem to know where to go with the ball. My guess is he's struggling to read the defense presnap. And on top of that he's relatively innaccurate. It's just not a combo for success.

Trubisky looks okay, I like what I see. 

I remember Blanda, Bratkowski and Wade, all SEC QBs, who could throw the ball all over the field. Lots of long TDs, plenty of Ints.

Bobby Douglass, a southpaw, led the league in rushing at one point.

19 hours ago, Pool said:

Just went back through this thread to see your complimentary post about Trubisky after the Bucs game. Surprise suprise there wasn't one. Still want to hang your hat on being objective and that you "want to see him do well"? 

Okay then, you tell me the vendetta I have against this guy. Since there is obviously some sinister ulterior motive here.

Here's the situation. From watching him this season, I see ugly traits that few QBs recover from. He is not a rookie like Darnold or Mayfield. He shouldn't be making the same rookie mistakes and shouldn't be held at the same standard. That also doesn't mean I'm not cutting him any slack, because he's still very young. But very rarely do I see a QB that looks that uncomfortable and inaccurate succeed in the long term. You can just tell by watching him play. Hell I'm nervous watching him when money is on the line. I'm speculating, but I really think he struggles at the line and isn't sure what defenses are doing. You can tell by the amount of time he holds onto the ball when it isn't a first read target and the amount he relies on his legs after the snap. With experience he'll improve in this area, no doubt. But will he drastically improve? I have my doubts just like Bears fans have their optimism. Just because he lacks starts in college and in the pros doesn't mean he's going to miraculously figure it all out in year 5 and be the Bears savior. He made some good plays Sunday and made some really quality NFL throws. I just don't see the positives outweighing the negative right now. And if the only rebuttal is "give him time, he's young, it's too early to judge", then so be it. Hang your hat on that. But I'm not going to withhold my criticism and I will trust my eyes.

I have nothing against him. Stop making it seem like he stole my girl or ran over my dog.

18 hours ago, Sugashane said:

They constantly were running go's, deep corners and deep posts while BB was bringing a lot of pressure in Tru's face, but still had 10 attempts of 20+ yards downfield (compared to Brady's 5). Add in the predictable run play (Howard up the middle, Cohen to the outside - BB clearly had this figured out) and Nagy put the team in a bad spot too.

Is this not on Trubisky to make those changes at the LOS? Does he have that freedom with Nagy? Serious question, not being a pest.

18 hours ago, topwop1 said:

And how many terrible decisions did Darnold make yesterday...yet you are high on him and not on Mitch?  

The last time I checked Darnold was a rookie and Trubisky is in his second year. I more expect Darnold to take his rookie lumps like every QB ever. But this thread isn't about Darnold. 

I actually didn't watch the game because I was watching Bears/Pats. I'll watch it on DAZN and get back to you though.

Archived