Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Justone2 said:

We can replace Saleh all we want it really starts with just the basics. A lot of the time we either blow our coverage, miss a tackle or take a stupid penalty. No DC in the world is going to change that during the season.

I would actually agree with this. My problem with Saleh is his refusal to play to players' strength (specifically, the lack of Thomas on the interior in the pass rush), and the consistent, recurring issues that aren't getting resolved, which signifies a lack of flexibility and adjustments. Consistently getting beat on third and long, consistently getting beat by screen passes...these are issues with him with the exception being what you named.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would actually agree with this. My problem with Saleh is his refusal to play to players' strength (specifically, the lack of Thomas on the interior in the pass rush), and the consistent, recurring issues that aren't getting resolved, which signifies a lack of flexibility and adjustments. Consistently getting beat on third and long, consistently getting beat by screen passes...these are issues with him with the exception being what you named.

Yeah, he should have never been hired in the first place. Kyle wasn't focused on putting together a staff until after the Superbowl and at that point most of the quality guys were gone 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, he should have never been hired in the first place. Kyle wasn't focused on putting together a staff until after the Superbowl and at that point most of the quality guys were gone 

Other issue was the team was so bad that bad coaching from the DC position wouldn't be noticeable.

Just now, Forge said:

With the Thomas/Armstead thing i feel people overrate Thomas and underate Armstead. Somehwere someone posted that pff thing about inside pressures and Armstead had a pretty good success rate too. And a lot of the problems on those plays are with misstakes. We have given away so many screen plays because of missed tackles and same goes with third and long where our corners just made stupid misstakes by covering the underneath guy instead of the deep one and especially the penalty's. I don't think Saleh is a great DC or anything and a better DC probably can clean some of those things up but in the end your players need to execute. Same goes on Offense everyone knows Shanahan is a great offensive mind but still we have a lot of trouble on offense so far this season.

Archived