Week 3 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Justone2 said:

With the Thomas/Armstead thing i feel people overrate Thomas and underate Armstead. Somehwere someone posted that pff thing about inside pressures and Armstead had a pretty good success rate too. And a lot of the problems on those plays are with misstakes. We have given away so many screen plays because of missed tackles and same goes with third and long where our corners just made stupid misstakes by covering the underneath guy instead of the deep one and especially the penalty's. I don't think Saleh is a great DC or anything and a better DC probably can clean some of those things up but in the end your players need to execute. Same goes on Offense everyone knows Shanahan is a great offensive mind but still we have a lot of trouble on offense so far this season.

Armstead has a solid win rate, but not a great pressure rate. He's not a pass rusher. Thomas could be. Armstead's win rate is a good chunk higher than Buckner, but Buckner creates a considerable more amount of pressures and QB hits. It's because Armstead isn't a pass rusher.

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

Per Barrows: left calf for Sherman and he is questionable.

I love how these guys throw out the world questionable anytime someone leaves the game. Someone can have a torn Achilles and they will say questionable to return wtf? Lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Armstead has a solid win rate, but not a great pressure rate. He's not a pass rusher. Thomas could be. Armstead's win rate is a good chunk higher than Buckner, but Buckner creates a considerable more amount of pressures and QB hits. It's because Armstead isn't a pass rusher.

Also true.

My main problem isn't with Saleh but more with the type of scheme we are running. I feel with this scheme you need a lot of high end smart guys to make it work. A lot of this scheme is based on reading the opposition and reacting to it and it doesn't use a whole lot of deception. If you have smart and great players its a great scheme as we have seen with the Seahawks and the Jaguars but both those teams had or have a whole lot of talent. 

LOL@some of you in this thread. I'm not a fan of Saleh but you're calling for him to be fired after he faces an offense who has shredded EVERY team they have faced thus far? Don't know why anyone thought it would be different this week. Missing 2 starters (now 3 with Sherm) and and a less than 100% Spoon, I knew this could get ugly quick. This defense is young and will have to find their way. Especially if Sherm is done. This will be a running theme throughout the first half of the season...get used it.

Archived