Week 3 GDT - Titans @ Jaguars

FutureIsWhite

“We didn’t have our usual edge, it was an ugly game,” said Jaguars’ linebacker Myles Jack. “It’s one of those games we’d win nine out of 10 times. Not today.”

9 times out of 10? last i checked you were 0 of your last 3 my dude lol

24 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That is called 10 our of 10 times. Not even close to questionable.

You can even barely graze the QBs head with your forearm anymore and it's 15 yards, and if you freeze that at 5 secs you see Gabberts head knocked all the way around. 

Yeah. His head starts moving way before the rest of his body does. In no way is that a questionable call. 

I heard a few people question the blocked into call as well (jags punt return) ... I need to find that as well cuz it was just as obvious... And also a correct call 

46 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I guess I'm so happy we beat the Jags I'm showing everyone the love lol. I've liked so many of your alls posts today it won't let me like anymore??? Haha

I've seen several Jags fans and a Jags article call the hit on Gabbert a questionable call. They seem to think the top of his helmet hit Gabbert in the shoulder?

In what world do they not see the top of the helmet hit Gabbert directly in the facemask, completely spin his head around, and then Gabbert leave the game with a concussion?

"Nah, man. Hit him in the shoulder."

I mean I can understand not liking the rule as it's hard for a defender to avoid, but it's been a rule for several years now and the Titans have been burned by it more than enough for me not to feel bad for it helping us for once.

Lol dude you shoulda been at the game surrounded by their fans. They were all screaming bs, that we’re paying the refs, blah blah blah. Helmet to helmet contact was clearly made with the crown of the helmet...why else would he have been pulled and put under concussion protocol after his head whipped to the side lol. Hilariously and overly bias but don’t worry, I made sure to call them all out in it

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

“We didn’t have our usual edge, it was an ugly game,” said Jaguars’ linebacker Myles Jack. “It’s one of those games we’d win nine out of 10 times. Not today.”

9 times out of 10? last i checked you were 0 of your last 3 my dude lol

Lololol they think they're better than us?

0-3 last three meetings. 1-5 last six meetings.You can't make that stuff up.

Really what they mean is they wish they were they AFC elite team the media made them out to be and that they all hyped themselves up to be, but they still got Bortles and we still got their number.

#1 in AFC South

54 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Quick hit thoughts... 

- Did Ramsey play defense today? FTP

- Mariota did what he could... But he's obviously hindered. I can probably count on one hand how many attempts he had over 10 yards (and still about as many as a healthy captain checkdown had on the other side). 

- I'm sure Gabbert missing next week... So I'll beat down the same drum once again with this  ... But we need to sign Kap

- Conklin should be back next week, and that's going to make a huge difference... Both on the ground and in pass pro

- I repeatedly said it'd take about 4 weeks for the offense to get the timing and start gelling... That's gonna get pushed back with Mariota still getting to get that feeling back in the hand 

- Sharpe though... Really dude?!?! Bum

- The defense looks to be Super Bowl caliber 

- I was wrong about Landry. His speed is insane. With Correa, we're suddenly 4 deep at one of the most impactful positions on the field 

- Casey may be having his best season so far... All Pro level for sure... But the rest of the DL needs to find themselves. Johnson had a few nice plays today, but Jones and Logan have been invisible. I'm confident they'll come around 

- When Evans also finds himself, the defense is going to be nasty. 

- I thought the hate Cyp got was mostly unwarranted... But Vaccaro has been just as good so far... We haven't missed a beat there. 

- we finally have a STs ace... CRUICKSHANK!! 

I just wanna keep talking football.

Sharpe is bad and Matthews has been a ghost since his injury. We need some other guys to step up. Taylor and Davis have looked good.

What did you think about Landry? I feel like the things we've seen from him are exactly what he did in college.

I don't think the interior has been all that bad really. We've never had much of an interior pass rush outside of Casey, but I think the run defense slacking is due to our gameplan. We are playing an absurd amount of nickel.

I was right there with you on the Cyprien hate being unwarranted, but I honestly think Vaccaro has managed to step in and be an improvement. I think we were wrong about Cyprien, just for the fact that Vaccaros skillset allows Byard to play more of a versatile role.

I think Mariota might have been missing a little velocity on his ball, but the accuracy didn't look too bad. That 3rd down where avoided the rush and hit Davis on the slant was pretty. I think he only attempted two passes over 10 yards. One was a completion to... Taylor? The other didn't technically count because Davis was held on the double move. It's hard to tell if it was a good ball or not if he wasn't held, but I think it may have been over thrown.

I'm just really pumped for this year. I was so excited for the season and was so down after the Dolphins game. Not because we lost, but because of the amount of starters we were missing after that game. 

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Took a gander at the Jags GDT, now I understand how their forum has so many posts. There are pages upon pages of one single poster making one single twitter posting per post, pretty nice to read through that but it's like no discussion, pretty much a twitter feed.

I figured this was hyperbole, but holy cow. That's a lot of tweetin!

Not sure if I’m being too hard on Sharpe here or not because it obviously looks like he’s supposed to run a route to get his defender thinking it’s a pass...but man if he gets his head in the game and turns around quicker that could have been a much bigger gain or maybe a touchdown. Not impressed at all with him yesterday.

I’m still shocked we haven’t kicked the tires on Dez especially since we lost Delaine. Outside of Davis and Taylor nobody is making plays. Matthews hasn’t been the same since the surgery, maybe he’s still getting his feet under him since he missed all of training camp. He’s been pretty much invisible and that drop he had was brutal.. 

if correa and Vaccaro keep playin the way they are right now they could be getting an extension by the end of the season.

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i'll risk being the heretic here and say bortles isn't as bad as he tends to play when he plays us. he's put together some decent games and settled into a role as a solid game manager QBs. there aren't a ton of those completely WTF throws he used to drop like multiple times a game. having said that, he's not gonna be striking fear into me anytime soon.

Yeah, I saw most of the NE game and at least half of the Giants game too, and I wouldn't have been able to see this type of performance coming. I think they're still a very, very good team and Bortles himself has improved plenty, I'm just glad we keep having their number.

38 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’m still shocked we haven’t kicked the tires on Dez especially since we lost Delaine. Outside of Davis and Taylor nobody is making plays. Matthews hasn’t been the same since the surgery, maybe he’s still getting his feet under him since he missed all of training camp. He’s been pretty much invisible and that drop he had was brutal.. 

if correa and Vaccaro keep playin the way they are right now they could be getting an extension by the end of the season.

I get it but I don't think Dez would do much here. Not enough balls to him so he'd be unhappy. Honestly we can't judge this offense given the severe limitations by all these injuries. Sharpe is what he is (depth), Mathews better wake up as his new contract is all about production, and they have to find ways to get Taywan more touches. Davis has been a stud and will do more with a healthy 8. Hoping Jonnu doesore as well with him back.

Can't wait to see what this offense does once healthy. After week 1 I was dreading traveling 5k miles and seeing a one or two win Titans team in London getting drilled by LAC, but this defense and coaching staff have been great the past two weeks. Now get healthy!

49 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’m not worried about Matthews, he’ll come around and he’s proven he’s a good player. If we break it down game by game, the Miami game was the weirdest game I’ve ever seen with the hours-worth of delays, injuries decimating us on top of it being his first game back, the Houston game we were clearly playing conservative and were trying to hide Gabbert (only 117 passing yards) which meant the passing game as a whole was meant to be anemic, and then yesterday’s game we have a Mariota that can’t feel a few of his fingers who also can’t grip the ball as well as he’d like going up against the best secondary in the game and a defense as a whole LaFleur compared to the 2014 Seahawks. When the offense starts to come together and the healthier we get Matthews will come around.

Awesome quotes from a Tennessean article

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/09/23/titans-vs-jaguars-rexrode-mariota-vrabel-jalen-ramsey/1359340002/

“When I say heart, man, that’s what you call heart,” defensive tackle Jurrell Casey said of Mariota, who led the Titans 65 yards for Ryan Succop’s winning field goal, then ripped off a 15-yard run on a third-and-1 to help kill the clock. “That’s what you call determination.”

Jacksonville linebacker Telvin Smith talked, though. Last season Casey boasted about sweeping the Jags, and Smith exaggerated those comments when he said Sunday of the defeat: “When I came in the locker room, it was tough because they are a team that has gone on record saying they don’t have any respect for us and they are the champs. Then they come out and beat us.”

“We stuck with the game plan, man. Come out and get after these guys,” Casey said. “Play more physical than they do. They’re front-runners; everybody knows they’re front-runners. You let them get ahead of you, they’re going to take over a game. You don’t let them get in front of you, they can’t do nothing. They’re going to quit by the third quarter. And that’s what happened today.”

And what about quarterback Blake Bortles, a frequent target of Casey quips, who followed up his 376-yard, four-touchdown game against New England with 155 passing yards?

“We all know the game plan against Bortles,” Casey said, and then he stopped for a moment to laugh, and then said: “I’m going to stay away from it.”

“He’s such a warrior. I have so much respect for him,” cornerback Logan Ryan said of Mariota. “I see what he does off the field, so much credit to him, and that’s why he’s our quarterback. So gritty. The perfect quarterback for this team.”

Archived