2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Just released a mock draft in the mock section.

Have you guys signing Landon Collins and drafting Polite at 12, Fant at 30, and Risner at 44.

No to Polite ...at least until his Pro Day

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't see Polite falling very far at all. If the Packers have more questions they will just go back and watch his tape again and find out that he is what they thought he was.

As a guy who had a crush on Arden Key last year, I could see Polite dropping to the third or forth round for the same reasons. It sounds crazy, but players like him have fall all the time.

Red Flags-

bad attitude 

weak combine

1 year of production

kind of a tweener who needs to develop 

If you aren’t going to start, you need to be coachable. In a league that demands instant return, gms will be reluctant to drop a 1 or 2 on him. It’s happened many times before (Michael Johnson, Key, everson griffen).

Legitimately, from just a floor play, a guy like Winovich  is much safer (likes football, brings it).

Assuming we do land a top safety and/or edge rusher in FA (or top EDGE and 2nd tier safety), would you guys be okay with us taking Jonah Williams at #12 in light of Polite's poor Combine? Protecting Rodg should be a top priority and signing Collins or Thomas would give us that flexibility. 

IF, by chance we get ET, though (and that's a big if), we may still need to take a S with our 2nd pick since I don't expect him to play all 16 games. 

4 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Assuming we do land a top safety and/or edge rusher in FA (or top EDGE and 2nd tier safety), would you guys be okay with us taking Jonah Williams at #12 in light of Polite's poor Combine? Protecting Rodg should be a top priority and signing Collins or Thomas would give us that flexibility. 

IF, by chance we get ET, though (and that's a big if), we may still need to take a S with our 2nd pick since I don't expect him to play all 16 games. 

Im taking Dillard if there over Jonah 10 out of 10 times.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Assuming the Packers are not in position to draft either of the Devins, anybody have any mid-round off-ball LBs they like?

That position is boom or bust for me. If I dont get Devin White, Devin Bush or Mack Wilson, dont waste a mid round pick, just go with Burks in the spot next to Martinez.

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Assuming the Packers are not in position to draft either of the Devins, anybody have any mid-round off-ball LBs they like?

Vosean Joseph from Florida. I wish he would have worked out today. Terrell Hanks 40 time was a shocker. He's going to been a big improvement in his pro day. He was a Senior Bowl sensation. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Vosean Joseph from Florida. I wish he would have worked out today. Terrell Hanks 40 time was a shocker. He's going to been a big improvement in his pro day. He was a Senior Bowl sensation. 

Hanks pulled his hammy during that 40. 

On 3/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, Outpost31 said:

So it looks like Byron Murphy is a more complete corner than Greedy Williams, right?  Why is Greedy considered the better CB?  Speed or something?  Because the only tackle attempt I was able to find out of Greedy was embarrassing to watch.  Quick search suggests that's a common concern with him. 

I don't think there's really a consensus on top CB.  I think most had Greedy as the top CB coming into the year, and I'm not sure any CB really took the top spot.  I'm sure there's a faction that likes Greedy, there's a faction that likes Murphy, and there's probably a faction that likes someone else.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:13 PM, JBURGE said:

I like Rosen so much that I sincerely hope he doesn't get traded to the pats. Saints could be realistic 

You'd have to imagine that a team would give up more than the Saints would with their SRP.

Archived