2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

37 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Still want to draft a guard in the 3rd even with the addition of Billy Turner. Lane Taylor could use real completion and an eventual replacement so one of Lindstrom/Deiter/Ivey would be nice. 

We're going to have to go OL with one of the first 3 picks probably. If our first two picks are immediate starters, we may even double dip along the OL if the value presents itself. I'm getting a feeling that our 3rd round pick is going to be a WR, however...

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure an OL is in play at 12 if all of the edges and 2 of the DL are gone.   Reportedly the Packers love Jawaan, and Dillard hits the thresholds.

I'd be upset if we drafted Jawaan at 12... Jonah W and Dillard I would be happier with. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t see why not for a 330 pound man he moves quite well. 

Not saying his our terrible, but I'm saying if we draft OL @ 12 I want one of my guys, and JW and AD are them. I think JW is a day 1 starter at RG or RT and Dillard has sweet feet and will be a damn good tackle for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I haven't heard that he's got bad feet. 

I'm am idiot. I was confusing Cody Fords combine with Taylors this whole time. Combine is a bit of a blur to me right now, aswell as my brain. Too many PBRs last night. 

That said, my favorite OL in this class is Jonah Williams. 

I really do not see us going OL at 12 though considering we just signed Turner. However I still wouldn't be totally against it. 

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm am idiot. I was confusing Cody Fords combine with Taylors this whole time. Combine is a bit of a blur to me right now, aswell as my brain. Too many PBRs last night. 

That said, my favorite OL in this class is Jonah Williams. 

I really do not see us going OL at 12 though considering we just signed Turner. However I still wouldn't be totally against it. 

We usually expect high picks like this to come in and start, or at least play a significant amount their rookie year. The Turner contract makes an OL more unlikely for sure.

26 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Juan Thornhill at 44, thoughts? 

Seems like a great athlete. The knock I read is that he's a little slow to process. I wonder if that's because he hasn't been playing safety his whole college career.

Archived