2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

28 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

No thanks.

Why not? A top 5-10 talent who the idea of falling to our 12nd pick was unheard of until WF did their latest 2019 mock and happens to fill a need.

I thought people wanted us to go BPA after all these FA signings?

10 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Why not? A top 5-10 talent who the idea of falling to our 12nd pick was unheard of until WF did their latest 2019 mock and happens to fill a need.

Hes not a top 5-10 talent in this draft imo. I wouldnt touch him at 12. Surely there will be better talent at 12 then Metcalf. You're too hyped on the 1.6% body fat (impossible) and that h/w/s and quickly forgetting that shuttle, 3 cone and injury history.

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Hes not a top 5-10 talent in this draft imo. I wouldnt touch him at 12. Surely there will be better talent at 12 then Metcalf. You're too hyped on the 1.6% body fat (impossible) and that h/w/s and quickly forgetting that shuttle, 3 cone and injury history.

I mean, I definitely wouldn't take him over White, Oliver, or Gary should any of them fall to 12, but IF he's there and they're all gone (huge if)? Me be sweating bullets.

I don't see him getting past the Jags, Bills and Giants post-OBJ, anyway, so it's a moot point. 

53 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I mean, I definitely wouldn't take him over White, Oliver, or Gary should any of them fall to 12, but IF he's there and they're all gone (huge if)? Me be sweating bullets.

I don't see him getting past the Jags, Bills and Giants post-OBJ, anyway, so it's a moot point. 

Wouldn't take him over Burns, Sweat, Jonah or Greedy either... js.

4 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Wouldn't take him over Burns, Sweat, Jonah or Greedy either... js.

Bosa Quinnen Allen Oliver Burns Sweat Gary Ferrell Jawaan Jonah Greedy

Plus murray who is definitely going before us. That's 12 players so worst case scenario at least one of those is going to be on the board along with DK. I'd be pretty pissed if we grabbed him.

EDIT: listed Oliver twice, meant Ferrell

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I honestly don't know a lot about him, but coming off a neck injury is pretty scary.  I also tend not to put much stock in the combine, but his 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle numbers were beyond horrendous.  I would think an elite athlete wouldn't end up in the bottom 3% at his position in those drills, even on his worst day.  I also watched highlight reels and pretty much all I saw on there were go routes.  If we're drafting a guy that high he needs to be a complete receiver right out of the gate, not just a one trick pony that runs down the sideline every play.  Maybe he's actually a generational talent and I just don't know it.  The Packers FO and scouting dept know a lot more about these prospects than I do, so if they draft him that high I'm going to assume it's with very good reason.  If they do that though, I'll crap you a golden brick, because I don't believe for a second he's the BPA at 12, no matter who goes before him.

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Bosa Quinnen Allen Oliver Burns Sweat Gary Oliver Jawaan Jonah Greedy

Plus murray who is definitely going before us. That's 12 players so worst case scenario at least one of those is going to be on the board along with DK. I'd be pretty pissed if we grabbed him.

Surprised you didn't have White on that list. You actually listed Oliver twice, I assume you meant to put White there? 

But Gary would be great at 12, lots of versatility to get him and both Smiths on the field at the same time since he can be kicked inside, play 5 tech or used as a stand-up rusher. You can even have both him and Z. Smith man the DL so Other Smith and Sackrell can rush from the edge.

He would be a great chess piece to add to Pettine's D. He doesn't have the inside push Oliver does, though. 

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

ZOMG, guys, WalterFootball's latest mock has D.K. Metcalf being available at 12. I'm serious.

If, by some miracle he does actually make it to our 12th pick IRL, am I right to assume you guys wouldn't pass on him?

This is a weirdly worded post for something that most Packer fans would obviously be against, including me FWIW. 

4 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

His agility numbers are kind of a bad argument. There are a few arguments for this;

1. Unlike a DEwho bends to edge and has to hit a moving target or an lb chasing,  he needs to make one or 2 cuts a route that he can set up. 

2. He’s going to win with power/speed/catch radius, not quick movement. Most corners won’t be able to jam him since he is strong and had speed to burn. He will be a mismatch weapon with size and jumping

3. The comp argument. Big wrs don’t have good agility numbers due to their limbs (since they win differently)

Per mockdraftable 20 yard shuttle;

D Hopkins- 4.5 20 shuttle 3rd %

Jordy 4.35 17th

Evans- 4.26 39th

Julio 4.25 40th

Calvin Johnson was  a dnp

Dez-4.48 6th

It really boils down to #2, can this player going win with his skill set? From his tape, he did special things (due to the injury, he was robbed half a season). The biggest thing with him is really the medicals.

Archived