2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, Green19 said:

But would it really? It’s at his pro day at OU. People will just say they cooked the number still.

Murray is going to be “short” until he isn’t. And by that I mean until he consistently plays well and wins games in the NFL.

See Brees, Wilson, and Mayfield

LOL I wasnt opening a case against the guy. Simply passing on a comment.

In a league where DATA is amassed on player hands, arms, legs, feet, 3 cone, 10 cone, shuttle speed and agility, jumping, leaping, twisting, turning, falling down, space between their eyes, interior cranial area - HEIGHT - is a fairly obvious data point to get right no? Kinda ranks right up there at the top of the list - no? Especially for a QB who will be positioned behind a mass of bodies far larger than he.

Will this measurement determine his success of failure at the NFL level? No. Just passing on a simple point.

There was some questions about the combine measurement. Okay. Want to put them to rest? Easy as pie.....give me that measuring tape.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd personally like to double down on future draft pick trades in light of signing the Smiths. 

I just no longer see tremendous value at 12th overall now that we don't have an imperative need for a pass rusher. 

I don't see Burns/Sweat/Polite/Ferrell as future elite players, still don't want White 12th overall, and can't really get excited about anyone else.

Greedy Williams is a little bit enticing.  Ed Oliver definitely is.  Other than those two, I can't get excited about anybody at 12th overall and I'd rather just take another shot at cracking the top 10 next year by trading 12th overall to someone like the Steelers/Raiders/Ravens/Texans/Chargers for their first this year and next year. 

I am in the trade up to 8 to grab someone boat right now. Should only cost a 3rd

Or just a couple spots for a 4th. We have two

Just now, JBURGE said:

I am in the trade up to 8 to grab someone boat right now. Should only cost a 3rd

Uh, you are INCREDIBLY optimistic. 

2018:

Buffalo Bills trade from 12th overall to 7th overall for two second round picks. 

What's everyone's new draft needs list look like? Do the two Smiths take away the need for edge at 12? Do people still want an OL with one of our first 3 picks after Turner was signed? How long can we wait for another safety after Amos was brought in?

I'd really like to get another safety in town so that position can drop to the bottom of the list, but anyway. I'd continue to add to the front seven at #12, grab one of the TEs at #30, and use #44 for BPA (OL, S, RB - I'd love to see Jacobs in this offense should he last that long) 

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Again, I don't care, but why run from it ? Get measured. Embrace it as "who I am" or however you want to spin it. Run the 40. Turn your head and cough. Whatever they ask.

Why let people wonder "what else is he hiding ?"

There's no reason to do something over and over again.  Let's say they did fudge his height, what does he gain by measuring in again and measuring shorter?

Just now, cannondale said:

Again, I don't care, but why run from it ? Get measured. Embrace it as "who I am" or however you want to spin it. Run the 40. Turn your head and cough. Whatever they ask.

Because that’s easy to say when you aren’t under the microscope.

Murray went out and competed at the highest level he is allowed and did very well. Most of those guys/kids would say go watch the tape to see me as a football player.

And it matters a great deal if it means him going 1st or 10th. Nothing is guaranteed in the nfl so he needs to maximize it now.

My point is it doesn’t matter... measured or not, it’s his narrative. When the official number is in question for like only him... it’s just the narrative. So measure or don’t... doesn’t matter

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Right now (based on my projections), I see no reason to move in either direction unless the value is insane.  Unless someone falls down the board that we're not anticipating, there's really no reason to pay what teams are going to want to move back (2nd+).  The difference between Josh Allen and say Clelin Ferrell isn't worth a 2nd round pick.  And unless you're getting tremendous value by moving backwards (i.e a SRP this year or a FRP next year), I don't see the reason to move back.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Uh, you are INCREDIBLY optimistic. 

2018:

Buffalo Bills trade from 12th overall to 7th overall for two second round picks. 

There's a little thing you're forgetting to take into account.  The QB factor.  What QB is a team trading up for at 12?  Based on current rumors, Kyler Murray is off to the desert and Dwayne Haskins probably comes off the board shortly after.

Archived