2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

there's aj brown... and then the other guys. 

1. aj brown
2. hakeem butler 
3. nkeal harry
4. dk metcalf 
5. riley ridley

is how i'm feeling them at the moment. based off highlight clips and interviews. i watched most of them tonight. 

i know you're a big anthony johnson guy. i wouldn't mind in the 4th or whatever, but i don't really see it w/ him as like a steal/value guy there personally.

but yeah this wideout group is wild af. definitely wanna add one of these tier 1/2 guys to the room. 

aj brown gives me a jaire vibe, w/ that infectious energy and culture-setting. he's gonna be a gem for whoever adds him. 

hakeem could very well suck, i heard his hands are pretty bad, but holy **** his highlights are on some randy moss/aj green hybrid type ****. and you could say that about anyone's "highlights", but his are next level. 

Look up Keelan Doss, love him as a later round prospect. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I don't care about OL day 1 or day 2. I want impact talent on the DL/EDGE, at WR (Campbell specifically), and safety (the trio that MG just pointed out specifically in mind). So, EDGE/DL talent at 12, Safety at 30 and WR at 44. I think we can get a solid TE at 75 or even late (Alize Mack, Kaden Smith, Isaac Nauta, Jace Sternberger, Foster Moreau). This is a really deep draft at positions of need so let's kill it, Gute.

12: Brian Burns
30: CGJ
Trade Up: AJ Brown 

i lose my whole **** 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I think we can get a solid TE at 75 or even late (Alize Mack, Kaden Smith, Isaac Nauta, Jace Sternberger, Foster Moreau)

josh oliver > all of them 

quite comfortably imo. maybe his stock jumped since the combine, i have no idea. but most dudes were saying he was like 4th/5th rounder type. i think he goes 3 come draft day. i'd love that pick in the 3rd.

12 - DL/EDGE (Oliver, Gary, Burns, Sweat, Ferrell)
30 - SAF (CGJ, Adderley, Thornhill, Hooker, Abram)
44 - WR (Campbell, AJ Brown, Harry, Harmon)
75 - BVA (don't care the position, just get value)
114 - OL 
118 - TE (Mack, Smith, Nauta, Sternberger)

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

josh oliver > all of them 

quite comfortably imo. maybe his stock jumped since the combine, i have no idea. but most dudes were saying he was like 4th/5th rounder type. i think he goes 3 come draft day. i'd love that pick in the 3rd.

Oliver can't block a lick. He's not going to be on our board.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

i don't know why but when i read this i remembered drafting clark harris in the 7th round and seeing his highlights and thinking he was gonna be stud. i was 12 at the time. but i just googled him and the dude's been the long snapper for the bengals for a decade now. i had no idea. fun fact. 

but that's unfortunate, cause he moves incredibly well. twitter said he was not awful at blocking. i will still be hyped if we pick him. use him like milf used jonnu smith in TEN. i dont know how he used jonnu tbh, i'm talking out of my ***. only AG20 and maybe a couple others could disprove me tho 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

there's aj brown... and then the other guys. 

1. aj brown
2. hakeem butler 
3. nkeal harry
4. dk metcalf 
5. riley ridley

is how i'm feeling them at the moment. based off highlight clips and interviews. i watched most of them tonight. 

i know you're a big anthony johnson guy. i wouldn't mind in the 4th or whatever, but i don't really see it w/ him as like a steal/value guy there personally.

but yeah this wideout group is wild af. definitely wanna add one of these tier 1/2 guys to the room. 

aj brown gives me a jaire vibe, w/ that infectious energy and culture-setting. he's gonna be a gem for whoever adds him. 

hakeem could very well suck, i heard his hands are pretty bad, but holy **** his highlights are on some randy moss/aj green hybrid type ****. and you could say that about anyone's "highlights", but his are next level. 

Holy crap, you aren't kidding about Butler.  If he can clean up the focus drops he's going to be a beast.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

12 - DL/EDGE (Oliver, Gary, Burns, Sweat, Ferrell)
30 - SAF (CGJ, Adderley, Thornhill, Hooker, Abram)
44 - WR (Campbell, AJ Brown, Harry, Harmon)
75 - RB (Darwin Thompson)
114 - OL 
118 - TE (Mack, Smith, Nauta, Sternberger)

Fixed it for you.  :D

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

3rd round might be a little early for RB tbh. Especially with me not being in love with the class. Would rather wait until middle of day 3 to grab one.

i agree. but have you watched darwin out of curiosity? stood out to me more than any other back from a projected value stand-point.

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i agree. but have you watched darwin out of curiosity? stood out to me more than any other back from a projected value stand-point.

Yes. He's a day 3 guy. He's small, can't block and doesn't have top end speed. He could be a bowling ball type but he's not in that Tarik Cohen tier of small backs. No way am I taking him in the 3rd.

For the Bucky fans out there, Andrew Van Ginkel put on a bit of a show at his Pro-Day:

Credit to @reamer

Clay Matthews:

Height 6' 3" 77
Weight 240 lbs 53
Arm Length 32¼" 34
Hand Size 9½" 42
10 Yard Split 1.49s 98
40 Yard Dash 4.62s 70
Vertical Jump 35½" 63
Broad Jump 121" 74
3-Cone Drill 6.9s 81
20 Yard Shuttle 4.18s 75

Andrew Van Ginkel:

40 yard dash: 4.56

Height 6' 3½" 91
Weight 241 lbs 53
Wingspan 77⅜" 56
Arm Length 32½" 55
Hand Size 9⅜" 29
Vertical Jump 38" 87
Broad Jump 123" 85
3-Cone Drill 6.89s 82
20 Yard Shuttle 4.14s 82

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Run Defense - Elite penetration ability. Does well to win with first contact and control reps. Can anchor stoutly against drive blocks and shoot gaps. Holds his own against double teams. Plays through blocks exceptionally well and finds the football. Exceptional at shooting gaps and still playing under control once he clears. Despite his lack of ideal size, he still holds his own on the interior.

Pass Rush - Explosiveness off the ball, active hands and rare flexibility leads to consistent interior pressure in the face of the quarterback. Knows how to attack half a man while bending rush angles. Does well to get hands up into throwing lanes if his rush stalls. Converts speed to power well.

Effort - Fires off the ball with intent and urgency. Aggressively battles throughout every snap to defeat blocks, find the football and finish. Routinely chases down outside runs and screens from distance. Motor always runs hot and he relentlessly pursues the football.

Hand Technique - Explosive and powerful hand usage. Strikes quickly to get his hands on his blocker and control reps. Knows how to soften rush angles, control blockers and disengage with a variety of techniques. Developing more consistency with counters is needed. Clear that he understands the importance of winning with his hands given his lack of size and modest length. Clearing his pads is challenge and there are times that he is outreached.

Flexibility - Smooth and sudden change of direction skills. Able to carry speed through tight angles exceptionally well. Unbelievably loose in the lower half with the ability to bend rush angles. Rare ability to contort his frame and reduce his surface area. Ability to twist and torque is elite.

Play Strength - Lacks the desired mass for his position but overcomes that by playing with great leverage, aggression and illustrates tremendous strength throughout his frame. Lower body power is outstanding. Holds his own anchoring against drive blocks and can penetrate the pocket with his ability to covert speed to power.

Play Speed - Quickness and ability to get off the ball puts considerable stress on interior blockers to move their feet and stay square. Has good twitch and juice in his mobility when attacking gaps and in pursuit. Dominates with quickness.

Lateral Movement - Flows with ease down the line of scrimmage attacking wide zone runs. Smooth ability to change directions and pursue screens and off-tackle runs. Has incredible range for a defensive lineman.

Versatility - If 50 front defenses ever return, Oliver is the guy you target to play the nose tackle position. In today's NFL, he's a true three-technique with immense playmaking potential against the run and pass.

BEST TRAIT - Penetration Skills

WORST TRAIT - Size

RED FLAGS - Size, Missed 4 games in 2018 with knee injury

Ed Oliver's ability to penetrate with quickness off the snap and utilize his hands to play through contact makes him an ideal fit as a three-technique in a 4-3 alignment. While he lacks size, Oliver plays with tremendous leverage and offers the play strength needed to exchange power on the interior. By year three, Oliver has the upside to become one of the NFL's premier defensive playmakers against the run and pass.

5 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Fixed it for you.  :D

Darwin Thompson:

Vision/Patience - Patient zone runner who waits for his blocks to develop before getting downhill decisively. Rarely dances behind the line of scrimmage and shows good vision to find creases and accelerate downhill.

Burst - Explosive mover who can slip through creases between the tackles and accelerate through the second level. Feet move a mile a minute and can be tough to get a direct bead on in the open field.

Pass Protection - Tries valiantly, but just doesn't have the size or strength to hold up 1v1.

WORST TRAIT - Speed

RED FLAGS - None

Archived