2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Think we can get one of those guys at 30 all day long.  No need to trade up for a S.  My ideal scenario is Edge at 12 followed up with a quality DL at 30.  Grab a S at 44. TE round 3.  OL round 4.  Mocks are driving me nuts.  WR at 12 TE at 30.  TE at 12 WR at 30.  I'd be pissed.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

TDN Mock Draft by yours truly.....

12 - Brian Burns, EDGE

30 - Noah Fant, TE

44 - Nasir Adderley, S

75 - Michael Deiter, OT

Notes:

I left Oliver on the board at 12....and he was nabbed ATL a slot or two later.....
I left Hockenson on the board at 30.......
I dont think ADD will still be around at 44....but the last selection wasnt done being called before I got my card in.......
Deiter was the best OT on the board at 75......the 70th rank prospect overall.....so I didnt over draft the guy.........

I like the talent (and postions) taken....but recognize I left some quality on the board.....do I still have a job after this draft? :) 

I'd take Oliver over Burns.  Also take Hock over Fant as he fits better for the new offense.  Tomato tomato they are all fine choices.  Wouldn't be upset at all if that's how it went down.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't believe we have 3 more weeks of this.

I'm already exhausted and I have only read about like 10 guys 

Skip the reading. Use capital letters, bold font, and lots of exclamation points. Make references to film and sources. Say mark it down a lot. 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't believe we have 3 more weeks of this.

I'm already exhausted and I have only read about like 10 guys 

you used to come w/ the scoops. was the first one on the dj hayden train i remember. got me on him. 

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd take Oliver over Burns.  Also take Hock over Fant as he fits better for the new offense.  Tomato tomato they are all fine choices.  Wouldn't be upset at all if that's how it went down.

Yeahhhhh......

First.....its mock draft stupidity.....and doesnt represent exactly who's gonna be available when and where.......

But - yeah - the Oliver/Burns decision was the toughest one. That one could have gone either way - BUT - A) I dont expect Oliver will in fact be there - so - without dissing whats said to be Olivers skills, I went with a guy I really like who I also think will be there. 

Fant over Hock - I'm taking my cues from folks here. Hock's the Internet's guy. The Net loves the guy - but word is that Fant works best for us.

ADD? No way he'll be around by 44 -- but I'd grab him in a heartbeat if so.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yeah he busted though 😂

I did love me some DJ Hayden.

Last year I was all about Davenport.

when you were talking him up in like february guys were talking about him in the 5th-6th. i just remember that you liked him because it was pretty wild when his stock catapulted like i've never seen anyone's stock catapult. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah he busted though 😂

I did love me some DJ Hayden.

Last year I was all about Davenport.

Does anybody ever get it right? LOL
You were all in on Davenport.
I wanted Edmunds.

Did anybody actually peg Alexander?

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Chuma Edoga seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since the Senior Bowl. I think he's RT only. Might be worth a late rounder ?

Kiper just said 3rd round on the espn podcast last week. 😂 FWIW, I don’t believe him 

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Kiper just said 3rd round on the espn podcast last week. 😂 FWIW, I don’t believe him 

Feels like Kiper wants to give high grades on some "name" prospects who aren't going to go that high, just to add appeal to "Mel Kiper's Best Available" during day 3.  Since if all of those guys are people only the really degenerate draftniks recognize, it's going to hurt the value of the broadcast as an entertainment product. 

Archived