11 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:
12 hours ago, Leader said:

TDN Mock Draft by yours truly.....

12 - Brian Burns, EDGE

30 - Noah Fant, TE

44 - Nasir Adderley, S

75 - Michael Deiter, OT

Notes:

I left Oliver on the board at 12....and he was nabbed ATL a slot or two later.....
I left Hockenson on the board at 30.......
I dont think ADD will still be around at 44....but the last selection wasnt done being called before I got my card in.......
Deiter was the best OT on the board at 75......the 70th rank prospect overall.....so I didnt over draft the guy.........

I like the talent (and postions) taken....but recognize I left some quality on the board.....do I still have a job after this draft? :) 

I’d take it! You just have to take what is left and make it work for your advantage! 

If Oliver is there I would be pissed we passed on him for Burns. Otherwise I feel pretty good about this. 

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

I guarantee we won't take TE first. Detroit is the only team in years to take a high TE and the rumor is even they want to trade back with Atlanta (Oliver) to take him outside top ten. That seems a plan. And they might do a cheap trade for that to get "their guy" at a cheaper price.

Most likely GB takes OL (and Dillard is the only guy I see as a Packer OL in round one) or a DL, which is much stronger than edge imo at our slot -- four to six possibilities and as usual (see Clark) they will surprise the fans with a pick that should have surprised no one. I do prefer move down since DL is so deep and we can move up from 30 for another guy we really like. Or just get more picks which Gute has said he likes too.

Good DL will fall this year since boards are going to be so different all over the league imo, with so many different fits and types and also not a few busts.

I guarantee we sont take OL first :)

Something to consider about the draft, yeah, maybe it more like a prediction.  #1.  The Packers will draft one player everyone in this forum will love.  #2.  The Packers will draft two OL.  #3.  They will draft 1-2 players we have never heard of, but some in this forum will say, oh yeah, I had him in one of my mocks, which they never posted.  #4.  The Packers will draft two players in the lower rounds that everyone thought for sure would be drafted higher then what they select them at.  #5.  Packers will trade out of one of their top three picks.  #6.  When all is said and done with the draft, some in this forum will not be very happy at all.

Ian Rapoport - Draft workouts and visits: NotreDame CB Julian Love is working out for Saints today, while Florida OT Jawaan Taylor is working out for Falcons. Arkansas pass-rusher Randy Gregory is visiting the Packers. OKState edge Jordan Brailford visited the Steelers yesterday.

Yes sounds about right.  2 OL?  dunno bout that.  Like every year I'll be going who?  Why?  but we could have taken player x and then start digging into the guys that they select and go OK now I get it.  Then proceed to get hyped about every single pick is going to be an all pro.  Usually the picks I like least turn out to be the best players too.  Of course then I realize ok if we end up with 2-3 starters it's a good draft.  Which ones I never know.  Remember when Mike Daniels was taken hated the pick and sure the undersized DL would either be a rotational player or bust out entirely.  Loved grabbing Jerrell Worthy in the 2nd couldn't believe he was still there.  BUST...Just never know.

Are there any trades you can see happening ?

The most likely one (for me) is that they see someone falling early in round 2 they really like, and trade up. If the Packers move up 6 spots with Jacksonville they swap #44 and one of Green Bays 4th round picks for #38. The value is pretty equal.  

One common factor I have experienced through many years of drafts, is that I always, always, end up wanting a pick at the top end of round 2. My draft crushes in the early round 2 this year, are WR N'Keal Harry, FS Gardener-Johnson and DL Jerry Tillery.

12 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The most likely one (for me) is that they see someone falling early in round 2 they really like, and trade up. If the Packers move up 6 spots with Jacksonville they swap #44 and one of Green Bays 4th round picks for #38. The value is pretty equal.  

One common factor I have experienced through many years of drafts, is that I always, always, end up wanting a pick at the top end of round 2. My draft crushes in the early round 2 this year, are WR N'Keal Harry, FS Gardener-Johnson and DL Jerry Tillery.

I believe that we will see at least one small trade up in the first, if not two. I could see a player like Oliver or Sweat get to 8-10, or a player like Tillery or Harry get to 25 and move up for them.

14 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Yes. That seems a good spot this year especially. N'Keal would fit at 30 I think. He could go sooner. He's the clear top WR in this draft but about half the FOs are clueless about drafting WR. The Colts or Steelers might snag him. But he doesn't seem to me at least like a fit for those teams whereas he could be a deadly back shoulder Rodger's target.

I am kinda thinking they will wait til rounds 3- 5 on safety. Adderly is the only guy I trust at the bottom of one and think his injury will put off GB. 

DL has so many gems anywhere from 12 to 150. That position is a gold mine in this draft that we almost never get a chance at. I just have little idea whom they like there. But at the top Wilkins, Simmons, Lawrence seem like easy upgrades for us, as we face 3 contracts next year. DL could be BPA at our picks through round 5. The question on Tillery is whether he wants to be a doctor or FB player. (Similarly the knock on A.J. Brown is that he is a professional --3 years with Padres-- baseball player and that's his real love.)

As to edge, Joe Jackson seems like our best fit, round 2-4. That's a  match  imo. Solid guy to mold after Za'Darius, naturally strong and healthy. Just think they will avoid the risky picks at top outside an athlete and hustler like Sweat, who had solid production and shows he can play pass and run. They know Sweat and Simmons inside and out too with the QB coach connection. 

With the top three picks, I am guessing they will target two on offense. For seven reasons. There's a big drop off on offensive talent after the top fifty. The DL, edge, safety talent runs deep. They need/want to get it back to 2011 status. It's easier to fix offense than defense (and cheaper). Arod can't get killed again. They just spent BIG money to fix the D: a couple safeties and 2 DL rounds 2-5 should make a huge upgrade along with the FAs. Offense is now king with the rule changes: top 4 offenses were final four last year.

That said, it's real hard for me to identify more than 5 picks in this draft that are difference makers on a GB offense and they will all go 10-45, maybe 10-38. Guys I got for GB: Dillard, K'Neal, Jacobs, Hock ($$$$ and Detroit will take him), A.J. Brown (??? -- I am not sold on him at that price), Lindstrom (not sure about a guard), Isabella (a better round three prospect)......nothing. I see all these going before 44 and only three worth the 30 or even 44 maybe. 

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Are there any trades you can see happening? The most likely one (for me) is that they see someone falling early in round 2 they really like, and trade up. If the Packers move up 6 spots with Jacksonville they swap #44 and one of Green Bays 4th round picks for #38. The value is pretty equal. One common factor I have experienced through many years of drafts, is that I always, always, end up wanting a pick at the top end of round 2. My draft crushes in the early round 2 this year, are WR N'Keal Harry, FS Gardener-Johnson and DL Jerry Tillery.

Interesting.......
Recent Top 50 from Daniel Jeremiah didnt include CGJ.
It had (the irrepressible.....) Abrams and ADD....but no CGJ.
I found that interesting.

New quandary for me:

ZSmith made a lot of plays when lined up on the DL for the Ravens. Dare I say Donald-like in some respects. No doubt Pettine will take notice. 

I've been beating the drum for a DE because Daniels' and Lowry's contracts are up after the year and we'll be left with Clark and some rotational guys. But if Smith plays a lot of DL I'm wondering if Fackrell is enough to get us through this season at ER. Of course Fackrell's contract is up after this season too and the cupboard is bare behind him, which makes ER a pretty big need too. So now I'm torn on exactly what the biggest need is. Also may not be a worthy DE available at #12. And fans are talking WR ? Yeesh.

Starting to warm to the idea of Burns at #12 / Tillery or Allen at #30 type First Round

I'm warming up to the idea of Jerry Tillery at 12. Dude's an ***-kicker.  I think a lot of people are sleeping on him because he was playing with a hurt shoulder (hence repaired) for like 9 games last season.  Still managed to tie Quinnen Williams for pass rushing efficiency on PFF though. He's at worst dt3 for me.

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm warming up to the idea of Jerry Tillery at 12. Dude's an ***-kicker.  I think a lot of people are sleeping on him because he was playing with a hurt shoulder (hence repaired) for like 9 games last season.  Still managed to tie Quinnen Williams for pass rushing efficiency on PFF though. He's at worst dt3 for me.

I think Tillery and Wilkins are sleeper picks at 12. Packers obviously want an IDL judging by interest in Malik and now Gunter. If Oliver is long gone, Packers could go Tillery or Wilkins even if the pick is a slight reach.

I don't like Wilkins in this defense at all. He's a great dude, but I'm not convinced he wants to do the dirty work inside.  But obviously Pettine is the expert and if what he wants is an upfield guy who can't 2-gap then Wilkins is fine.  I like Tillery quite a bit more though.

Archived