TNF: Jets vs Browns GDT The Battle of the light weights.

Kiwibrown

Who do you have?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Browns vs Jets

2. 2. How many Ints for Darnold?

Dear God, Colin Cowherd is going to have a stroke after this game!!!  I mean, what gives???  Baker didn't get arrested on the field for grabbing his crotch and the thicc and trunky coastal kid disintegrated before our very eyes!  Can't wait to hear all the excuses tomorrow on his show about how Baker "didn't really do anything "first pick worthy" in the game" and how Darnold is "still just learning."

On 9/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, N4L said:

The NFL gave the browns a home Thursday night game against the Jets after giving them the Steelers and saints ... Feels like the NFL had this game penciled in as the browns first win when they made the schedule

Well played.

Obviously this is just one game (just part of one game in truth) so I don't want to go crazy here, but I always thought Baker was a no-brainer as the first pick in the draft for Cleveland and I was honestly really surprised so many people called it a bad pick.  I mean, just look at his numbers at Oklahoma and then tell me how Darnold or Rosen were better?  The kid is kind of like Tim Tebow in that he just has a knack for winning.  The big difference is, on top of that intangible Baker is also a hell of a QB already and will only get better.  

Too bad Clueless Jackson is almost 100% certain to go back to Tuh-Rod next week.

Oh, and can we all please just get off Cleveland's back for the Denzel Ward pick????  The guy looks fantastic and the Browns had NO corners on the roster!  Who cares about Bradley Chubb when you already got Garrett and Oglachobyiyoo--or however you spell his name???  They needed a CB and they picked the BEST one in the draft.  People need to stop laughing at the Browns' draft and look closer; they got the best QB, the best CB (for THEM), one of the best RB's, and one of the best WR's (albeit with a caveat of whether or not he's another Josh Gordon).  I think the Browns have had very strong drafts for the last two years and I'd be shocked if they aren't in the playoffs within the next couple years.

40 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

How much of this are we attributing to the Jets playing 3 games in 11 days?

I think you have to give it some weight.

I honestly believe Bowles and co. are good enough coaches to scheme the Jets into wins and keep them competitive.  However, I don't think they are talented enough to win in quick fashion.  I really do think the Browns are a more talented roster top to bottom than the Jets.  

The Jets play the Jags after 10 days.  The Jags have played the Pats and the Titans(who beat them twice last year and they are openly focused on).  I think the spread will be heavily towards the Jags and I will bet on the Jets aaallllllll day.  

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The Jets play the Jags after 10 days.  The Jags have played the Pats and the Titans(who beat them twice last year and they are openly focused on).  I think the spread will be heavily towards the Jags and I will bet on the Jets aaallllllll day.  

If you think the Jags won’t be focused on a team that beat them last year, I have some bad news. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

If you think the Jags won’t be focused on a team that beat them last year, I have some bad news. 

The Jags will have played the Pats who beat them in the AFCCG and the Titans who beat them twice in their own division.

The Jets, when the Jets will have had 10 days to rest and gameplan, seem like a good team to bet on to cover.  Depending on the spread of course.  

That should not be a hot take.  

Baker was very impressive. Good decision making all night and showed off that underrated arm, he can really drive it in there.

I pretty much stopped armchair scouting after 2015 as I just didn't have has much time on my hands, but Baker really does have a live arm and good mobility. Russell Wilson esque. How was this kid only considered a mid rounder after his junior year? Why did it take until that final year for the draftniks to start calling him 1st round material? Cannon, good touch, accuracy, and mobility to completely nullify the height. NFL prototypes or acceptable builds are always changing, undersized QB should not be the deal breaker it was pre-Russell Wilson (and evidently no longer is after Baker went #1), just like being an undersized DT should not be (and won't be, as we'll see when Oliver goes top 5) the deal breaker it was pre-Aaron Donald. Yet I suppose scouts were treating it that way for Baker up until his senior year, then something clicked... for the entire community... Hmm, a mystery I will likely never solve.

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

And just to be extra clear...I don't think the Jets will win.  However, I do think the Jags will be just wiped enough to let the Jets cover a -10 spread, which I could easily see this being.  

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Baker was very impressive. Good decision making all night and showed off that underrated arm, he can really drive it in there.

I pretty much stopped armchair scouting after 2015 as I just didn't have has much time on my hands, but Baker really does have a live arm and good mobility. Russell Wilson esque. How was this kid only considered a mid rounder after his junior year? Why did it take until that final year for the draftniks to start calling him 1st round material? Cannon, good touch, accuracy, and mobility to completely nullify the height. NFL prototypes or acceptable builds are always changing, undersized QB should not be the deal breaker it was pre-Russell Wilson (and evidently no longer is after Baker went #1), just like being an undersized DT should not be (and won't be, as we'll see when Oliver goes top 5) the deal breaker it was pre-Aaron Donald. Yet I suppose scouts were treating it that way for Baker up until his senior year, then something clicked... for the entire community... Hmm, a mystery I will likely never solve.

Even after his crazy JR. year he wasn't a preseason AP all American QB. Not even second team. Walked on twice. Maybe that is part of what drives him but just on talent alone he has certainly been overlooked, until the NFL draft.

Archived